• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
Eastwood couldn't field an U18 colts but Beecroft and Dural (Eastwood junior clubs) are both fielding teams in the Sunday SJRU Opens (U18s)?

Penrith's U18's colts are all playing colts 2 and colts 3 - and all are still U17 players.

If Eastwood fielded an under 18 team, they'd be poaching from their junior feed clubs like Dural and Hillview. Hillview had an under 18s team 2 years ago, but it was too hard to keep it going last year so most just played for school or had an early start in colts.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
In the absence of Rugby News Print edition, I am enjoying seeing the crowd sourced team lists and match reports being on here.

Yes most of them are reposts from a web site, mail out, facebook page or whatever, but putting them on here means that you don't need to go searching too hard for all the good oil.

Thanks folks for your efforts so far. No one else is doing it. There is a few clubs not being covered.

Any snouts out there in Gaggerland want to contribute for the "silent ones"?

It is difficult find the colts team lists for Rats, Manly, Norths, Beasts, Emus, M2B, Pirates and Highlanders from club websites, & Sideline Eye is usually good for the Woodies Lists.

Wicks, Hobbits and The Corporation (along with their opponents) Team lists can usually be easily found on their web sites.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wicks Team lists vs Rats:
2015 Round3 WicksColts.jpg

http://www.randwickrugby.com.au/rugby/grade/teams/4533-teams-v-warringah-3-april-4-april

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tipped 6 from 6 last week with all the away teams bringing the bacon home, although I was a little out on a couple of the margin predictions.

The heavyweights will continue their march and shouldn't be troubled too much this week where they will all win with a bonus point and comfortable winning margins.

Round 3 Tips
Northern Suburbs v Parramatta - Shoremen are in great form and will be too good for the Mighty Two Blues. Red and Black to get 4 try BP and cruise home by 20+.

Manly v Eastern Suburbs - Methinks MMM were foxing in their trial against the Wicks where they were beaten convincingly. Their solid roster with lots of 2014 Colts 2 and Colts 3 runners up will see them home by >20 with a Bonus Point.

Sydney University v Gordon - The Under 20 Rockstars return for Buildcorp and they will be too strong for a resurgent Highlanders who should prove a capable opponent. BuildCorps defence leaked like a sieve last year and the Stags, who have recruited wisely, should get some meat pies but will be comfortably beaten by 15-25.

Southern Districts v Penrith - The Hobbits will be far too strong but may not crack the century. Hobbits by 73.

Warringah v Randwick - Wicks have come out of the blocks like a Scotsman at a free whiskey tasting and will not be troubled by the Rats. With their U20 rockstars back to bolster an impressive lineup, the busiest chap on the field will be the Kicking Tee Runner. Wicks by 60.

West Harbour v Eastwood - Game of the round. Pirates can be ying and yang but they will lift for this game. Woodies form has been a bit patchy and will be troubled by the Pirates. Both teams will get a bonus point, and it will be a coin toss to choose the winner, which has just come up heads for the Pirates by < 7.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Norths 30+ Norths need a big win to prove their bona fides for 2015.
Easts 10+ This is a much weaker Marlins team than last years,this is probably a battle for 5th or 6th on the ladder.
Uni 10+ A more mature Uni team will trump the Gordon young guns, I think.
Souths 50+ I'm just hoping for no injuries from this game.
Wicks by too many. Possibly the biggest mis match of the day.
Woods by 10+ I just can't see Wests troubling many teams this year.

The Butts

Herbert Moran (7)
Heard a whisper that Uni grounds are closed - can anyone confirm. How are the other grounds going in this lovely Easter weather :p

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 3 Results

W. McMahon Memorial Shield - Colts 1
Northern Suburbs 24 Parramatta 8
Manly 15 Eastern Suburbs 21
Sydney University 28 Gordon 27 (postponed but played on 7 April)
Southern Districts 50 Penrith 0
Warringah 0 Randwick 60 (postponed but played on 6 April)
West Harbour 22 Eastwood 22

Shell Trophy - Colts 2
Northern Suburbs 36 Parramatta 0
Manly 12 Eastern Suburbs 18
Sydney University 41 Gordon 12 (postponed but played on 7 April)
Southern Districts 25 Penrith 14
Warringah 5 Randwick 68 (postponed but played on 6 April)
West Harbour 15 Eastwood 17

Bill Simpson Shield - Colts 3
Northern Suburbs 10 Parramatta 3
Manly 5 Eastern Suburbs 10
Sydney University 0 Gordon 10 (postponed but played on 7 April)
Southern Districts 10 Penrith 7
Warringah 0 Randwick 72 (postponed but played on 6 April)
West Harbour 28 Eastwood 15

Round 4 Games - 11 April
Eastern Suburbs v Southern Districts
Eastwood v Warringah
Gordon v West Harbour
Manly v Sydney University
Penrith v Northern Suburbs
Randwick v Parramatta

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
[/quote]

Round 3 Results

W. McMahon Memorial Shield - Colts 1
Northern Suburbs 24 Parramatta 8
Manly 15 Eastern Suburbs 21
Sydney University v Gordon (postponed)
Southern Districts 50 Penrith 0
Warringah v Randwick (postponed)
West Harbour 22 Eastwood 22

Shell Trophy - Colts 2
Northern Suburbs 36 Parramatta 0
Manly 12 Eastern Suburbs 18
Southern Districts 25 Penrith 14
West Harbour 15 Eastwood 17

Bill Simpson Shield - Colts 3
Northern Suburbs 10 Parramatta 3
Manly 5 Eastern Suburbs 10
Southern Districts 10 Penrith 7
West Harbour 28 Eastwood 15
Wow x3!
Beasties a clean sweep over Manly. Good for them, but what has happened at Manly over the summer break?
Also Southern Vs Penrith! Well done Penrith. Was the rain a factor in favour of the Penrith crew?
Lastly West Harbour vs Eastwood. 2 points between them after 2 games. Then Harbour up.
Wish I could have seen that.
For my own part I took the trip up even though the Corp Gordon games postponed. Spent time with all three kids and had a great Lunch at the Spanish place at Glebe. Tapas plates and Paella. Really good.
There was talk of the Corp playing Gordon on Tuesday. But I am not certain.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
I was at Nepean and watched the grade games between Penrith and Souths and went to the back field to watch 1st colts and what i saw was a disgraceful performance by Penrith. Souths came to have a game of rugby and Penrith came to inflict as much thuggery as possible and saw it as an opportunity to have free accesss to 90 minutes to do things that on the streets if they did the same thing they would be in jail. Late shoulder charge hits and it looked they they had a competition on who could do the worst hit, punches flowed, souths players complaining of eye gouging. 3 yellow cards and a red card were of little consequence and a watch of the video should lead to 3 or 4 citings.
The ref was totally out of his depth but to his credit he called the game of 10 or 15 minutes before fulltime. Souths to there credit kept there cool but the smaller souths players took a pounding from the Penrith cheap shot hereos.
There were a number of souths players parents very upset and a couple of mothers near tears in fear of what was happening. At 1 stage the Souths officials were going to take the team off the field.
It was a disgrace and its not the first time these incidents have happened involving Penrith and the sooner the club is kicked out the betterr. The game does not need these type of people in rugby let them play league. Before the Penrith supporters start going off, yes a souths player was yellow carded for a high tackle but it was a ripple of violence compared to the Tsnamai of cheap shots that Penrith dished up under the guise of playing rugby.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Something about Round 3 games at Nepean Rugby Park. In 2014 there was a scarily similar post to @Tah and feathered's above from a poster about another clubs Round 3 experience at Nepean Park.

One hopes the authorities have been made aware of the situation and deal with it as appeared to happen last year.

Later in the season there were some very complimentary posts about the Emu Colts conduct and behaviour.

Does conceding 241 points in two games contribute a Round 3 meltdown? Last year it was 0-71 and 10-29 in the first two rounds.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Something about Round 3 games at Nepean Rugby Park. In 2014 there was a scarily similar post to @Tah and feathered's above from a poster about another clubs Round 3 experience at Nepean Park.

One hopes the authorities have been made aware of the situation and deal with it as appeared to happen last year.

Later in the season there were some very complimentary posts about the Emu Colts conduct and behaviour.

Does conceding 241 points in two games contribute a Round 3 meltdown? Last year it was 0-71 and 10-29 in the first two rounds.
This was no meltdown,
penrith could not care less about the result and found it funny if a player missed a tackle or what ever.
The culture within the club is about cheap shots and i cannot see any future for the club as no decent player will go there and if they do how long will they stay?
I know there are good people at the club but how do you control the players once on the field. Souths had some very good leadership by the few senior players who quickly got the souths players away when things started but the Penrith players would keep moving into the Souths group as they were trying to move away and some of the late hits were disgusting and the Souths doctor said that the players were lucky that the ground was so soft or there would have been head injuries.
I hope Souths forfeit the 2nd round game and send out a message to the NSWRU that they take the duty of care about there players safety seriously.
No doubt Penrith will be on there best behavior for a few weeks but its only a matter of time before another club cops it. The worst part is that players train for months and months before a season starts and then risk everything to be entertainment to penrith players who have no respect for the game no respect for there club who they are representing and no respect to opposition players and if the opposition react they risk a red card and weeks on the sideline so they just have to cop it. Its a fucking disgrace.

Redmond

Stan Wickham (3)
This was no meltdown,
penrith could not care less about the result and found it funny if a player missed a tackle or what ever.
The culture within the club is about cheap shots and i cannot see any future for the club as no decent player will go there and if they do how long will they stay?
I know there are good people at the club but how do you control the players once on the field. Souths had some very good leadership by the few senior players who quickly got the souths players away when things started but the Penrith players would keep moving into the Souths group as they were trying to move away and some of the late hits were disgusting and the Souths doctor said that the players were lucky that the ground was so soft or there would have been head injuries.
I hope Souths forfeit the 2nd round game and send out a message to the NSWRU that they take the duty of care about there players safety seriously.
No doubt Penrith will be on there best behavior for a few weeks but its only a matter of time before another club cops it. The worst part is that players train for months and months before a season starts and then risk everything to be entertainment to penrith players who have no respect for the game no respect for there club who they are representing and no respect to opposition players and if the opposition react they risk a red card and weeks on the sideline so they just have to cop it. Its a fucking disgrace.
This was no meltdown,
Totally agree with your comments it was not much better watching the grade games when the ground announcer questioning the touch judges credentials over the loud speaker for all to hear. When a south supporter questioned his unprofessional attitude he turned to us all and said if you don't like it we can all leave?? Well I didn't leave but I certainly won't be back and I hope all the other clubs do the same.
I did hear the touch judge was the souths president and qualified offical.
And when I say I won't be back I'm taking the professional opinion of the doctor that was there and banning my son from ever stepping onto a rugby field against Penrith again.
Good luck to norths next week.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
This was no meltdown,
Totally agree with your comments it was not much better watching the grade games when the ground announcer questioning the touch judges credentials over the loud speaker for all to hear. When a south supporter questioned his unprofessional attitude he turned to us all and said if you don't like it we can all leave?? Well I didn't leave but I certainly won't be back and I hope all the other clubs do the same.
I did hear the touch judge was the souths president and qualified offical.
And when I say I won't be back I'm taking the professional opinion of the doctor that was there and banning my son from ever stepping onto a rugby field against Penrith again.
Good luck to norths next week.

Why would this behaviour surprise anyone? The Riff have played like this for years. They have behaved like this for years. SRU or NSWRU (or both) have done NOTHING to address it. So by definition, they are in fact condoning the behaviour.

If my son gets seriously injured as a result of such foul play when they play Penrith we'll certainly consider legal action. Against SRU/NSWRU for allowing it to continue.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Undoubtedly,it's unacceptable behaviour that should not be tolerated.
But as Big Arse mentioned back to back 100+ scores in the first two weeks of the comp may well have laid the platform for this.
Clearly the powers that be have no inclination to spend any resources to support the growth of the game out there.
They need to either cut their losses and remove them from the comp,or think laterally.
Let them be the bye in colts 1's and give them a chance to build.If the Emus are in the colts 2's finals for the next few years,it's got to easier recruiting,than when they are being flogged by 100+ scores.
And as a side issue,anyone who goes out there and doesn't clear their bench early,so they maximise the score is a fucking tool as well.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Season 2014 Colts Discipline Summary
(Ratio between Players registered and Cards issued in Season 2014)

Southern Districts: 85 Players used, 2 RC, 34 YC - 2.36 Players per Card
Eastern Suburbs: 88 Players used, 2 RC, 32 YC - 2.58 Players per Card
Northern Suburbs: 65 Players used, 0 RC, 25 YC 2.6 Players per Card
Penrith: 74 Players used, 4 RC, 23 YC - 2.74 Players per Card
West Harbour: 84 Players used, 1 RC, 26 YC - 3.11 Players per Card
Eastwood: 85 Players used, 1 RC, 24 YC - 3.40 Players per Card
Parramatta: 92 Players used, 1 RC, 25 YC - 3.54 Players per Card
Randwick: 91 Players used, 3 RC, 20 YC - 3.95 Players per Card
Manly: 92 Players used, 1 RC, 20 YC - 4.38 Players per Card
Gordon: 57 Players used, 2 YC, 9 YC - 5.18 Players per Card
Warringah: 90 Players used, 2 RC, 12 YC - 6.42 Players per Card
Sydney University: 90 Players used, 0 RC, 10 YC - 9.00 Players per Card