• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

Stumpy as far as the Easts Rugby & Rugby League colours you might be onto something with the State High colours because the official colour scheme dating back to the 1960s was Yellow/orange jersey with blue collar and trim and a red number.

This would account for the blue and red of state high.

Easts - I believe originated as "State High Old Boys".

Clearly despite the fact that a good crew of State High Boys have played for the Tigers over the years - Quirke, Jordan Toupou, Scotney, Kahl, Waldie, Breen, etc the Tigers now draw predominately from Churchie, BSHS, Villa, Iona, and to a lesser degree Lauries & Terrace.

I think Quirke, Bartley & Faulkner are the only BSHS old boys amongst the current Prem Grade team.

Filth will lead you to believe that our feeder system is predominately the Breakers (now Bond)/TSS but its not true.

Hopefully the big red head - Ed Quirke - will get a QRU clearance to play for the Tigers against the Magpies this Saturday.

Quirkie is a very loyal Tiger - as was evidenced with his water boy efforts during the 2013 finals.

T

Tigers Tale

SX - I prefer the traditional strip attached.

Was Gregorski wearing this in the 70s??

Note another version of the Teachers-Norths/Barbarian/Norths strip in the background.

Attachments

• Wests Jersey.docx
    165 KB · Views: 374

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
GPS have gained some much needed experience this week.
Tom McVerry has come out of a brief retirement to became a Galloper again. He is an impressive figure. He'll apparently come off the bench this weekend.
Also, Duncan Paia'aua will get some much needed time in clubland this weekend

T

Tigers Tale

Red Heavy - Easts are perennial underdogs!!!

Good win for Norths they are an underrated outfit - shame is that the Filth will be pre-warned how dangerous they are for this Saturday.

Easts won't underestimate the Magpies despite this result because no matter where they sit on the table Easts v Souths are always hard fort local derby clashes.

Souths over the last few seasons have always been "like a box of chocolates" and losses to Souths have come back to bite Easts on the ... in the past.

It will be interesting to see what the respective line-ups will be. Will Gunn & Quirke be in the backrow for the Tigers? Is Beau Robinson injured or in Sth Africa or will he line up against the Tigers. He played in the corresponding game two years ago and nearly single handily got them home.

I think in 2013 Easts got the spoils at Bottomley (by a couple of points) and Yeronga but in 2014 Souths had a 3 point victory at Bottomley in round 2 and Easts won the Yeronga clash.

T

Tigers Tale

After 4 completed rounds the following sides have experienced 3 losses:

Souths
Wests
Norths
GPS

This leaves these sides little margin for error (say only two more losses) over the remainder of the season.

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
Red Heavy - Easts are perennial underdogs!!!

Good win for Norths they are an underrated outfit - shame is that the Filth will be pre-warned how dangerous they are for this Saturday.

Easts won't underestimate the Magpies despite this result because no matter where they sit on the table Easts v Souths are always hard fort local derby clashes.

Souths over the last few seasons have always been "like a box of chocolates" and losses to Souths have come back to bite Easts on the . in the past.

It will be interesting to see what the respective line-ups will be. Will Gunn & Quirke be in the backrow for the Tigers? Is Beau Robinson injured or in Sth Africa or will he line up against the Tigers. He played in the corresponding game two years ago and nearly single handily got them home.

I think in 2013 Easts got the spoils at Bottomley (by a couple of points) and Yeronga but in 2014 Souths had a 3 point victory at Bottomley in round 2 and Easts won the Yeronga clash.

Beau Robinson was in the stands at last nights Norths Vs Souths Clash.. he was seated there with new reds recruit Hendrix Tui, who was sporting a Norths Polo.

T

Tigers Tale

Nice to see Hendrix Tui linking up with the Norths Eagles.

Lets hope he can pull on the jersey and string a few games together for his new club.

T

Tigers Tale

SX - do you think Karmichael Hunt or Adam Thomson will be assigned to the Bulldogs?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
SX - do you think Karmichael Hunt or Adam Thomson will be assigned to the Bulldogs?

No idea mate. doubt we'll see either of those 2 hit the pitch in any Brisbane Premier Rugby.

I think it's all about the NRC now and more players will be likely to have rest from club duties to save their energy for the NRC comp in Spring!

T

Tigers Tale

Further to Thomson is he only on loan from his Japanese Club?

In which case he probably wouldn't be allowed to play QPR or NRC.

T

Tigers Tale

I just hope that the following are all fit and the QRU clears them to play this Saturday - Gunn & Quirke v Beau Robinson would be great to watch.

Shungmao

Stan Wickham (3)
Norths have some very impressive players - the 8 and the 13 in particular.
If they play flatter and to the gain line more, then they will be a threat to anyone.
Their 10 was running around like a Wild Arab from a Lawernce of Arabia Film - calm him down a bit and they have a team.
Agree totally. Who was the 6? He had a cracker as well.

T

Tigers Tale

I know the program hasn't been released as yet but do my Souths colleagues believe that there will be many changes to the side that played Norths the other night?

Is David Feao available?

Any word re Beau Robinson?

I am hearing that Easts should have all on deck for the first time this year except for Gunn.

Easts v Souths @ Bottomley - one of the great days in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.