• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Besides, Skelton has proved this season that he is a capable jumper at 2 (where the weaker of the two big boys typically jumps). Now that we know he can get off the ground, arranging some deception to make sure his slow speed getting up there isn't an issue should be no big deal

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon the lineout is so far from being a critical problem for the Wallabies so I wouldn't really base selections on it.

Aside from picking a good lineout caller, I think we can make do with the players that end up being in our best 8.

We're probably talking about 1 or 2 lineout steals a game against us relative to picking a forward pack that we think is our best for the lineout.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
My point is the 6 and 8 are jumpers already regardless if Skelton is at lock or not. You're not compromising the backrow.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not so sure you can call Palu a jumper atm. That said I'm not so sure he'll be the starting eight come rwc.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
From the Hurricanes v Waratahs match I think it will be hard to look past a Skelton- (Carter/ Simmons/ jones) starting second row with dennis on the bench to cover 4,5,6 and 8.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Dennis has been good, but I'm not sure he's on a Wallabies bench yet. If he keeps playing like this, he will have a claim.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
As a world cup player he is pretty invaluable because he is cover for so many positions, however he has been prone to injury in the past. I think he has earned at least a bench spot although it is hard to keep men like Coleman or jones out for Dennis. Those players are for the future though, the world cup squad needs dennis

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
My Wallaby 15 for now.

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Skelton
5. Simmons
6. Fardy
7. Pocock
8. Palu
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Cummins
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Folau.

That's not a bad team. We should make it out of the pools with that team.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
My Wallaby 15 for now.

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Skelton
5. Simmons
6. Fardy
7. Pocock
8. Palu
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Cummins
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Folau.

I like. I think O'Connor will be one wing. Will, not necessarily should.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Out of the Force/Stormers game tonight, I thought Cottrell again really put his hand up. Would be a long shot but he is a very impressive player.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Yeah, Being a RWC year there will be no opportunities, but any other year Coleman would be a EOYT tourist in the extended squad.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
My Wallaby 15 for now.

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Skelton
5. Simmons
6. Fardy
7. Pocock
8. Palu
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Cummins
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Folau.

Out of the pools?

How the hell will we do that if we cant even get out of our 22? (Hint: kicking)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
To'omua, Foley, Folau. It would be nice to have a better kicker in the wingers, so advantage Bieber.

Savea doesn't kick and he's the best winger in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.