• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force vs Stormers Round 10 @ Perthfontein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The sort of arm wrestle I expected from these two teams. Stormers had more top class players which got them the points. Force had their chances - 2 or 3 times they had a big overlap on the left, somehow a frontrower ended up in the backline and trundled up and took the tackle instead of passing.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Yeah, so disappointing. We must have lost 4 games now where we dominate territory and possession. Teams are kicking it to us because our attack is so dire. The only person looking like breaking the line is Haylett Petty.

It's a pattern which afflicted the Waratahs for a few years as well - and there's something in common.

Penalty try was dodgy and the yellow card was worse. They're the sort of things which happen when you're in a rough trot.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Marto actually making an insightful comment. The Force when we need a try, have no one that is a go to man. We need to recruit smartly for next year in the backs. Foley can get enough out of an average forward pack, it's the backs we need a few stars.

It's ridiculous that our marquee signing, a lock, can't even make the bench.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Marto actually making an insightful comment. The Force when we need a try, have no one that is a go to man. We need to recruit smartly for next year in the backs. Foley can get enough out of an average forward pack, it's the backs we need a few stars.

Haylett Petty could end up your go to man, but the side needs a lot more creativity and that comes back to tactics and the game plan. Foley's whole plan at the Waratahs revolvd around maintaining possession and field position, but you have to have structures to take advantage of that and challenge the defence. It didn't work at the Waratahs where he had half a test team playing for him, I can't see it working at the Force either.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

There is no point having a backline of stars,when the tactic is to play everything one pass off the ruck.
Foley's idea of expansive Rugby is for the 9 to occasionally pass it to the 10 to clear the ball.

M

Moono75

I thnk we all know a major upgrade at 10 and 13 is needed. With Godwin playing at 12 and my best mate Mitch Scott on the wing. Had a chat to the guys on the fence after the game. What a quality bunch of guys

Swandive

Allen Oxlade (6)
Oh dear, oh dear. Another game where the Force made all the play and looked the better team but just can't score. I thought they actually out-muscled the Stormers in the second half after being out-muscled themselves in the first 25 mins. I think they started to believe a bit more in the second half. They hit the line harder and McCalman and Mafi were fantastic.
Scrum improved markedly after that first 10 minutes. Was surprised by the penalty try. Usually they go through a couple of resets. Felt the Force were hard done by there.
Also, just before Burton was sin-binned the Stormers went through about 10 phases before the Ref reverted back to the advantage penalty. Soon after with the Force on attack they got a couple of seconds (twice) before their advantage was taken away. Can anyone tell me why? Is there a longer advantage for certain infringements? I thought they all carried the same weight.
I think the Force got sucked into the Stormers game and kicked too much when they should have kept it in hand and they seemed to be getting some success out of going wide.
I still think Godwin should be the inside centre but you probably need Burton in the team somewhere as his goal kicking is damn good. Haylett-petty again was good but as I mentioned last week he just needs to take those handful of errors out of his game.
I feel for you Force fans. Very frustrating at the moment. Hopefully the wins start coming soon as they are playing well. Just need to finish off some moves and be a little more creative. The heart and tenacity is certainly there.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
What did the commentators say about the penalty try. Watching live it looked like the penalty should have actually gone to the Force for the stormers 1 boring in. His entire body from when the ball was fed was pointing towards the far goalposts.

M

Moono75

Oh dear, oh dear. Another game where the Force made all the play and looked the better team but just can't score. I thought they actually out-muscled the Stormers in the second half after being out-muscled themselves in the first 25 mins. I think they started to believe a bit more in the second half. They hit the line harder and McCalman and Mafi were fantastic.
Scrum improved markedly after that first 10 minutes. Was surprised by the penalty try. Usually they go through a couple of resets. Felt the Force were hard done by there.
Also, just before Burton was sin-binned the Stormers went through about 10 phases before the Ref reverted back to the advantage penalty. Soon after with the Force on attack they got a couple of seconds (twice) before their advantage was taken away. Can anyone tell me why? Is there a longer advantage for certain infringements? I thought they all carried the same weight.
I think the Force got sucked into the Stormers game and kicked too much when they should have kept it in hand and they seemed to be getting some success out of going wide.
I still think Godwin should be the inside centre but you probably need Burton in the team somewhere as his goal kicking is damn good. Haylett-petty again was good but as I mentioned last week he just needs to take those handful of errors out of his game.
I feel for you Force fans. Very frustrating at the moment. Hopefully the wins start coming soon as they are playing well. Just need to finish off some moves and be a little more creative. The heart and tenacity is certainly there.
We will console ourselves with beating our bunny team the Tahs.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I'm just saying the guy made a complimentary post offering support for the Force and your response is to quote him and then shit on his team with a one liner.

It may have been in jest, but came of a bit dickish considering the tone of his post.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The boys really put in out there tonight but don't have the attacking patterns or enough talent to win these tight ones. They play with plenty of courage but lack that bit of class to be a decent team right now.

M

Moono75

I'm just saying the guy made a complimentary post offering support for the Force and your response is to quote him and then shit on his team with a one liner.

It may have been in jest, but came of a bit dickish considering the tone of his post.
I often make dickish comments. Come on you must know me by now :). What a season!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Did anyone else think Godwin scored that try on the touch line.? I put in the in slow motion and it was very very close

Status
Not open for further replies.