• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

Easts back line looks like the best they've had so far this year:
Mullins
Brandon
Wilder
Gordon
White
Faulkner
Hagen

If Easts get their forward power back they will participate long into this season.

T

Tigers Tale

What do others think about the GPS v Bros clash?

I think Bros may get the win, through forward superiority, but the GPS #12 will be yapping away trying to prevent that.

Tiger Land

Stan Wickham (3)
East will struggle in the scrums today without Ready and Sanday, but the back line as TT said is looking better than ever. It is going to be a great clash know at Bottomley Park.

The Adjudicator

Frank Nicholson (4)
Some markets for todays games:
Easts $1.38 Vs Wests $2.90
GPS $2.30 Vs Brothers $1.57
Norths $4.00 Vs Sunnybank $1.22
Souths $3.60 Vs Uni $1.26
Favourites Multi pays $3.33

Prices from sports bet.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Corne I will say 2 things though:
1. Pat Richards is not the 2015 Easts Prems coach;
2. The 6 Easts YCs have come in 3 games.

The Tigers will learn that playing 20 mins with 14 men is not the best way to maximize their chances in this comp.
For sure but he is still involved in the coaching set up and his finger prints are al over their forward game.
And yes, they need to start playing smarter and stop pushing the limit. Lots of potential in that team.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
GPS are struggle street. Forwards were outplayed and scrum smashed by Brothers. Two Penalty Tries!!! Line out go-to seems to be the old play for obstruction play which Norths used back in 2008 &2009. And they still can't get it right. There one one excellent maul which moved 15 metres up field late in the first half but apart from that, they had no answers.
Backs were hemmed in by great defence from Brothers. Only time they really threatened the line and scored was a chip behind and winger scored. Young kid Duncan was outplayed by Greene. GPS attempts to take him out of the contest failed after he set up a great try.
Brothers will seriously threaten the title after seeing that performance.
GPS, well, the Dammers thing ain't working. No semis for them in 2015.

T

Tigers Tale

Corne - wow we agree on something - I said I would call it and yes GPS will not make the 2015 top 4.

How many years are in the Dammers plan?

Herby must be starting to wonder whether it will ever happen.:mad::mad:

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
I see Souths inflicted Uni's first loss for 2015 with a 25-17 upset.

Wests caused a few nervous jitters at Tigerland in the 2nd half but the mighty Tigers held on for a well-deserved 47-33 win in a tough and action-packed match. Wests will rue a few dropped balls and bad passes. They'll cause many headaches before the season ends. Big forward pack from Sylvan Rd but they have a few "self-control" issues. For Easts, Toby White had a blinder as did first class fullback Elliot Hagen and the tireless Michael Gunn.

Filth 26, GPS 5.

Dragons 62, Norths 3. Ominous.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Corne - wow we agree on something - I said I would call it and yes GPS will not make the 2015 top 4.

How many years are in the Dammers plan?

Herby must be starting to wonder whether it will ever happen.:mad::mad:
Dud call by Herbert. Put it away as "rebuilding" or any other rot but a club desperate to win a title by being close doesn't need to rebuild. They need direction. And that direction ain't coming from the current set up. Dammers has achieved little so his appointment is puzzling. Many similarities to Richard Graham. Walking into a decent set up but unable to improve it.
Good to see the Tigers get another win today

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Today is the day GPS turn there season around. Some old heads returning as well as some much needed organisational skills of a classy 10 will ensure they win today and win by plenty. GPS by 30+!!!!
All aboard the bandwagon boys!!! I hope you have all some wedge on the GPS boys @ $17 cause after today they will be into $10.
Brothers will beat norths comfortably, easts will towel up souths!!

Dizzle will the odds go back up to $17 or will it go up even more??? Surely you might see some sense now and realise all hope might be lost now for your lot. You have Sunnybank next on the back of a big victory as well as a rampant Bond and failure to win those games could see season 2015 over before the end of the first round.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Dizzle will the odds go back up to $17 or will it go up even more??? Surely you might see some sense now and realise all hope might be lost now for your lot. You have Sunnybank next on the back of a big victory as well as a rampant Bond and failure to win those games could see season 2015 over before the end of the first round.
After Dizzle's (or is that you Todd??) pro GPS defence, I'd be interested to hear why he thinks they will make the semis. Particularly after today's performance.

dizzle

Peter Burge (5)
Yes boys it was a tough day at the office for the gallopers yesterday.. This now does leave them with a big task but one which they will achieve. Do not write them off!!! They win there next 3 and they are 4-4 at the halfway mark.. Easts still are the surprise packet for me. Play very tough and intelligent football under tim Sampson. Gallopers will finish 4th and be the first team in a long time to win from there!!!

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Yes boys it was a tough day at the office for the gallopers yesterday.. This now does leave them with a big task but one which they will achieve. Do not write them off!!! They win there next 3 and they are 4-4 at the halfway mark.. Easts still are the surprise packet for me. Play very tough and intelligent football under tim Sampson. Gallopers will finish 4th and be the first team in a long time to win from there!!!
Enlighten us how? Forwards were dreadful and backs lack ability to penetrate any defence. Would love to hear your thoughts on how the scrum issues and breakdown issues will be resolved.
Hard to see that team beating anyone and making the four if their best attacking weapon is chip kick behind the defence. All comes back to the coaching...

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)

Let's entertain the idea of GPS winning the next 3 straight. What makes you think that the numerous teams above will drop enough games for you to sneak into 4th? And who will these sides be?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Quite frankly, as a long time GPS supporter, watching yesterday unfold was embarrassing.

On paper, GPS had a professional caliber backline but they failed to click and the forwards were clearly out muscled. Losing Fred Burke to injury in the first 15mins of the game put lots of pressure on the scrum as well. The Filth put on a clinic in controlling the pace of the game, Matho clearly has a well drilled side that knows its patterns and follows a good gameplan.

Being the first time at the 'Glue Factory' for 2015 there were obviously many beer fueled opinions being thrown around but there was a resounding notion that Dammers hasn't bought into the culture down at Yoku yet and the players looked disinterested. There was high turnover going into 2015 so it might take a while for these guys to become a cohesive unit but at the same time if you look at some of the players in the team, they look more like hired guns looking for a platform to get to the next level and there is nothing wrong with that, however, GPS really need some solid clubmen to stand up.

Status
Not open for further replies.