• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think Joe Hockey may want to take over the GPS canteen if Corne Uyc is correct. It provides a better revenue source than anything Joe's got.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
I think you will find that last year's financial statement in the GPS Annual Report was a little misleading as it was only for half the financial year due to the amalgamation with the junior club.

T

Tigers Tale

I simply can't believe the gloom and doom posts regarding GPS.

As I said earlier today they will still feature heavily in the Doughty Shield and yes the Prem side has not clicked in 2015 but remember that they have about 8/9 guys involved with the Reds which is a fine achievement and isn't that - having players graduate to the next level - something that the club should be proud of.

In addition to the Reds, there are the Smith brothers playing at the Brumbies, Toulis brothers in Scotland and Sean McMahon & Bryce Hegarty at the Rebels. There are probably some more that I have forgotten.

Sure the position in which the Prem side finds itself is disappointing but not unexpected given the player drain outlined above.

Success is cyclical and unfortunately after coming close in 2012-14, the Hospital Cup will not be coming out to Yoku Rd in 2015.

In the word of Rudyard Kipling's "IF":
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

Maybe there are too many GPS supporters brought up in the over inflated sporting achievements of Marist College Ashgrove in the AIC(formerly TAS)sporting competitions.

T

Tigers Tale

Maybe this GPS stuff is just a plot of Filth's to take the heat of himself in the lead up to the Anzac Day clash at Crosby.

Before the Easts v Wests game last Saturday both sides lined up facing the stand, the Ode was read and an Army bugler played the last post.

I hope that this will occur before each of Saturday's QPR games.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Maybe this GPS stuff is just a plot of Filth's to take the heat of himself in the lead up to the Anzac Day clash at Crosby.

Before the Easts v Wests game last Saturday both sides lined up facing the stand, the Ode was read and an Army bugler played the last post.

I hope that this will occur before each of Saturday's QPR games.
With the lengths the QRU are going to for Sunday's Super Rugby game, I'm sure the clubs will support Anzac Day.
Brothers v Easts has the potential to be a very entertaining match. Hope it lives up to the expectation. I'll be doing my best to get there. Filth forwards will get them over the line I reckon though I'd love to see a Tiger victory

T

Tigers Tale

You might be right CU as Easts are likely to be without:

Paraka - Injured;
Ready - Reds bench;
Sanday - Injured.

Filth will sleep easy with this news!!

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
What is Paraka's injury? Is Quirk going to play any time soon?
Good to see Ready getting a go. Hooker to watch in coming years is Uni's Pleash. Was outstanding in his days at IGS and has continued his form.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
What is Paraka's injury? Is Quirk going to play any time soon?
Good to see Ready getting a go. Hooker to watch in coming years is Uni's Pleash. Was outstanding in his days at IGS and has continued his form.
As in Pleash the UQ prop? Who has played prop for the last 4 years?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reds Sunday arvo footy.. Ummmm why no QPR curtain raiser??

Sent from my mind..

Because

(1) which club would forgo a home game to play it, and

(2) they can't fit in a full 2 x 40 min half game before the main game without opening the gates earlier which costs a bucketload of money.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I simply can't believe the gloom and doom posts regarding GPS.

I don't think its all doom and gloom at GPS. Although I do like your comment about the MCA guys and their sports dominance, its something which takes a bit to get out of guys at colts level!

As I said, 80% of the club are in really good positions. With 3rds and 4ths arguably favorites to win their competitions.

Apparently the Prem Reserve game on the weekend is also being reviewed as a conversion to GPS wasn't added to the scoresheet, thereby giving GPS a 1 point victory. Not sure if it has/will be amended though.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
I think the Reds play 3 Sat night games and 1 Sun arvo game at home this year.

That's 4 opportunities to get QPR on the big stage. 8 teams can get exposure.

e.g. 7.40pm kick off for Reds - without knowing what time the gates actually open, lets say open them at 5pm.
5.20pm kick off in QPR game. All done by 7pm for Super teams warm ups.

**Early bird special** Get in before 6pm and your ticket is $10 cheaper (or something along those lines) - pulling in the club supporters - making them stick around for the Reds, "We may as well stay for the Reds game Susan" buying dinner there, drinks etc)

OR
e.g. 6.40pm Reds kick off - 4.20pm QPR kick off, gates open 4.00pm.
**Early Bird Special** $10 off entry before 5.00pm.

Have sectioned off areas of Suncorp for the club supporters who get the early bird special, so they are all in one spot.

All other club games remain at their respective home ground at the same times. (or slightly earlier)
Will give people plenty of time to watch the reggies, spend time and money at their clubs then head in to watch their Prems.

QRU give each participating club approx $5k for the privilege.
Will easily make back through the gates and food and drinks.
Jesus - televise the bloody game as well (live stream etc)

Reds crowds have been REALLY poor. Just looking for a solution ;)
Obviously their results add to this issue, but the more we can get QPR on the big stage, and show as many people as possible the product we have, the better it will be, ultimately for the QRU in the long run :)

Why am I suggesting ideas to help Australian Rugby??????? :confused:

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The issue is TrainerGB that the clubs only make money when Premier are at home. Players will hang around and spend money to support them and may have a few family members stick around too. Without Premier it just costs too much to staff a canteen and you make very little money.
Also with clubs copping a Public holiday pay rate they will want as much money over the bar as possible.

T

Tigers Tale

Big Dog - Re the Prem Reserves result - shouldn't the managers have made sure of the result when the match book was written up and signed off by the referee?

Can the result be changed now that the Referee has signed off the result?

What a shocker?

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Because

(1) which club would forgo a home game to play it, and

(2) they can't fit in a full 2 x 40 min half game before the main game without opening the gates earlier which costs a bucketload of money.

Clubs also need the cash flow from the bar, etc. Take away the main show from a club and they lose big $$

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Apparently the Prem Reserve game on the weekend is also being reviewed as a conversion to GPS wasn't added to the scoresheet, thereby giving GPS a 1 point victory. Not sure if it has/will be amended though.

Annoying situation as I know there was a conversion kicked by Christie that went in (but well over the posts) which the ref did not blow the whistle for which may be what was in question. Also, the Filth manager had counted one less goal than the GPS manager + the scoreboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.