• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Highlanders Friday 24 April GIO Stadium Canberra

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Maybe, but after their great start the backs haven't done a hell of a lot and when it is one pass type stuff with no other running options it isn't down to individual player skills. Its the set up and tactics.

I'd like to think that Bernie is keeping all the good backline plays under wraps for the Wallabies later this year. I certainly hope that the Wallabies backs don't play like this!! while at the same time hoping to see that sort of dominance from the pack.
With White - To'omua - Leali'ifano - Kuridrani - Speight - Tomane - Mogg / Coleman they scored some very good tries last year. I have no doubt they would be much better with all on deck.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
wow, aside from 3 sketchy truck and trailer mauls for tries the Brumbies had nothing. Scoreless in 2nd half after HGLDers woke the fuck up/dragged the non-performers off and got Pryor on. What an engine that guy has, needs to start.

Tanaka didnt do Sopoaga many favours but LS may have played his way out of a test series call-up for this year.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I interpreted Pococks jazz hands thing to mean "hands no longer tied up to Eden Park goalpost"?
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/help-needed-with-daily-news.13356/#post-730831

POOR SHOW POCOCK.

If you're going to get behind these indigenous timber issues then please see them through to a successful and November-ish conclusion.

Ha, I'll pay that. :D

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
What a tool, she obviously doesnt know Pococks character at all.. I think his over the top some times, but he doesn't do things for no reason... he did it for a mate.. we all know now who the tosser is.. and it's her..

Lol funny Poey added the ......... at the end of his tweet

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
996f199b558206c5d46c6c88f893801e.jpg

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
There was one moment where Pocock really impressed me in this game, he actually accelerated into and through contact

If he can do it once, he can do it again

And Highlander's coach Jamie Joseph continues to pay for his comment

Highlanders coach Jamie Joseph says that Australian teams were playing schoolboy rugby under the new Super Rugby format, compared to the gruelling season faced by New Zealand clubs.

G

galumay

The mystery deepens, given that the AUSLAN action for clapping is....clapping, why did Poey make that reply to Devine, has he been played for a sucker too???

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Didn't see the 2nd half, but was certainly impressed with Brumbies in 1st. I glad some on here mentioned joining mauls in front of ball carrier as the only ref I have seen penalise it is Glen Jackson (who I gather a few are not keen on as a ref), shame in one way ,because they were well set up mauls, and they deserved tries without anyone pointing out how illegal they were. Certainly though the Clan left a fair bit of desire at home, and surely gave the impression of a beaten team right from the start. Brumbies keep this up will be a good battle for top spot in Aus!

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
The mystery deepens, given that the AUSLAN action for clapping is..clapping, why did Poey make that reply to Devine, has he been played for a sucker too???
Because Poey was right; it is a universal sign for applause. Devine is the tosser. Who says stuff like that? So much for responsible journalism.

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
Because Poey was right; it is a universal sign for applause. Devine is the tosser. Who says stuff like that? So much for responsible journalism.
Yep when the Aussie Deaf Rugby team played the New Zealand Deaf Rugby team in Canberra the other year it's what they were doing for applause apparently it's easier to see

G

galumay

Its odd that the AUSLAN site shows clapping as the sign for clapping then. The Jazz hands comment cames directley from the commentators, thats how they initially described it so Devine was only picking up on comments already made.

Now it seems there is legitimate feedback suggesting that despite the official AUSLAN site not showing it, the 'jazz hands' signing can also be clapping, why on earth there would be different signing for something that is entirely non-verbal is one of those mysteries of life!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Because if David Pocock walked back to halfway clapping himself he would look like a right tosser.....as opposed to now where he looked like a tosser but we all know he was doing it for a good reason.

G

galumay

Ok, seems everyone is a bit wrong! It is a sign for clapping, but not AUSLAN, its from the US sign language!

I guess International sport encourages that sort of multiculturalism!

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I was at an Adam Hills gig, who has an AUSLAN interpreter and we were definitely told about the jazz hands thing.

Poey a tosser? Never!

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
Its odd that the AUSLAN site shows clapping as the sign for clapping then. The Jazz hands comment cames directley from the commentators, thats how they initially described it so Devine was only picking up on comments already made.

Even so, was it necessary for her to call him a tosser? That was a pretty ridiculous thing to say, especially from a journo. Not impressed with that, but at least she had the decency to apologise and not delete the tweet, as most do when they do something that stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.