• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBagger

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sammy Carter out for this week with personal reasons.
Time to give Tom Staniforth another crack at super rugby?
Definitely think Ita vea needs to start. Even put Fardy in the row to make way?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Nic White is a chance of playing next week but Matt To'omua probably not ready until the Bulls game in about a month.
They have 3 games then the bye - he could have been right for the 2nd SA game but better to be 100% following the bye.

Dargaville is out of a moon boot but Scott Sio is still in a knee brace. Lausi Taliauli I'm not sure about.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Young fella at half looked pretty good last night. Is White gonna give you much more?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Young fella at half looked pretty good last night. Is White gonna give you much more?

White has been fairly integral to the games the Brumbies have won this year...........

Much improvement from Dowsett, but I felt that Powell had crisper service when he came on.

Reactions: mst

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
White has been fairly integral to the games the Brumbies have won this year.....

Much improvement from Dowsett, but I felt that Powell had crisper service when he came on.

Hopefully they both get a bit more game time. Need to build that experience up for when he's gone next year and we don't get the halfback we're searching for.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
White has been fairly integral to the games the Brumbies have won this year.....

I wouldn't be upset if we took a chance on Dowsett and Powell (who looks good, and has the right pedigree and performed at u20's level) in 2016 @ 9 with the cage fight determining who starts each game rather that on ex-international that is past their "best before" date or is just a reputation!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

As @Slim 293 said, Michael Dowsett had a much improved game from his effort last week. A couple of stutters in clearing the base of the ruck (one caused by the apology for a ref) but his defence was spot on. He almost completely shelved that box kick urge as well and the Brumbies looked a whole lot better for it. Hope he continues to improve and trust his ability to play at this level.

Joe Powell, the bench No 9, is also very promising but very green. His service from the ruck is as good as anyone's I've seen.

Still think Fourie du Preez would be a good get, but not keen on the others who have been mentioned.

EDIT : Fourie would also have to get rid of his urge to box kick, but in saying that I acknowledge he is one of the best at it.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
As @Slim 293 said, Michael Dowsett had a much improved game from his effort last week. A couple of stutters in clearing the base of the ruck (one caused by the apology for a ref) but his defence was spot on. He almost completely shelved that box kick urge as well and the Brumbies looked a whole lot better for it. Hope he continues to improve and trust his ability to play at this level.

Joe Powell, the bench No 9, is also very promising but very green. His service from the ruck is as good as anyone's I've seen.

Still think Fourie du Preez would be a good get, but not keen on the others who have been mentioned.

EDIT : Fourie would also have to get rid of his urge to box kick, but in saying that I acknowledge he is one of the best at it.

Watched the Lions game - I am starting up the Faf De Klerk train!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yes for a real one, I think Speights is over $500, Pococks over $700. I just wanted a replica.
No 22 Rodney Iona's Jumper is going for $80
No 21 Joe Powell's Jumper is going for $80
No 23 Nigel Ah Wong is $55
No 17 Alan Ala'alatoa is $70

Any of those would be cheaper than buying a "normal" jumper at Rebel Sport, even at the end of year sale where they usually go for 50% off.

And it is for a good cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.