• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'll possibly live to regret this but hereby call out @Dismal Pillock for an Avatar & Signature bet for CruSadists v Bloos. I'll let you choose both our punishments but yours MUST include a formal apology for D'Auckland's shameful poaching of the Waiopehu Wizard AND an an acknowledgment of the inherent superiority of the Mainland over the island Maui fished up. We on?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
oh you are so on pal, maybe this week Coach BongoBrain Kirwan will deign to play his motherf**king All Black front row from the start instead of the useless hapless goddamn capitulation crew of Ofa, Tauavo & The Alan Parsons Project.

If you win: avatar, sig, some rubbish apology for King Carlos coming to Auckland to finally get a root plus some hoo-ha puff piece about Christchurch?

If I win: avatar, sig + in every post you make for the following week, you MUST shoehorn in a compliment of Blues legend Isaia Toeava somewhere into the post. I will be checking.

Last edited:

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Make him use this then. That would hurt a good canterbury man.
quade_zpsb7i8cf0y.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Righto, then.

Avatars: yours Luke McAlister or Tasesa Lavea, mine Shane Philpott or Mal Arnold, both your call.

Signature: yours the 3rd verse of "Christchurch (In Cashel St. I Wait)" by the mighty Exponents, mine anything you can locate that references Auckland: IIRC you once owned or operated a record store back when there were actual records so should be a doddle.

Already googling the praise successive AB coaching staff showered upon Special Project so no probs there. You may be in a little more trouble as legend has it Carlos barely had to pass beyond the gates of Waiopehu to score in the Kit Fawcett sense :) And your puff-piece about the Florence of the South needs to be a little more sincere than your recent JOC (James O'Connor) effort...........

Bring it on!

@Teach, that's just downright fuckin' mean.......

image.jpg

......... sorry but you left me NO OPTION :) My only regret is I couldn't locate the still of the poor bastard banging his fist into the turf after everyone else has wandered off.................

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Thats a low blow! Or is that a loe blow since video analysis showed it was Richard Loes hand that did the deed.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thats a low blow! Or is that a loe blow since video analysis showed it was Richard Loes hand that did the deed.

Poor old Richard: smashes a blokes nose, gouges another (twice just to be sure) & gets blamed for everything for the rest of his career :) ........ Actually I thought Latta always copped to having cost his team The Shield?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Game day is upon us.

If I win the avatar/ signature bet with @Dismal Pillock, his signature for the week shall be the 3rd verse of Christchurch (In Cashel Street I Wait) by the Pride of Timaru aka The Exponents. Here it is:

"There is no sand
And The Beach Is Warm
I Don’t Know Where I Want To Be"

I think it suits him :)

Avatar-wise he has a choice of Luke McAlister or Tasesa Lavea. These are the images I want used:

The Luke getting carded in a certain RWC semi final

image.jpg

Or The Tasesa putting in one of his trade-Mark grubbers:

image.jpg

EDIT: his homage to the Florence of the South is to contain a minimum 3 images of the actual Florence, including the Basillica & none of Florence Nightingale or Florence & the Machine.

EDIT #2: goddamn autocomplete, that's supposed to be 3 of the actual Florence & ONE of FLo N or Flo & the M (or both if he so wishes, it's his homage after all :))

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
In the event I lose my signature/ avatar bet with @ Dismal Pillock, it appears there aren't that many tracks out there that reference Auckland, but among them there's one for D'Auckland so if it's OK with him I'll use that:

"Comme tous les vagabonds
J'ai fait tous les boulots
De New-York à l'Orégon
D'Auckland à Buffalo
J'ai conduit un douze tonnes
Douze tonnes"

Full list here:

http://www.lyrics.net/lyrics/Auckland

Would you believe that the official Horrorcanes website contains zero images & no stats for the legendary Mal Arnold? Me either! Had to go to Getty Images to find this one:

image.jpg

Images of Colin Farrell the AB are even rarer but I did find his mugshot:

image.jpg

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
In the event I lose my signature/ avatar bet with @ Dismal Pillock, it appears there aren't that many tracks out there that reference Auckland, but among them there's one for D'Auckland so if it's OK with him I'll use that:

"Comme tous les vagabonds
J'ai fait tous les boulots
De New-York à l'Orégon
D'Auckland à Buffalo
J'ai conduit un douze tonnes
Douze tonnes"

Full list here:

http://www.lyrics.net/lyrics/Auckland

Would you believe that the official Horrorcanes website contains zero images & no stats for the legendary Mal Arnold? Me either! Had to go to Getty Images to find this one:

View attachment 6187

Images of Colin Farrell the AB are even rarer but I did find his mugshot:

View attachment 6188
Mugshot or Mulletshot?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nadolo & Crotty put Drummond over, amazing what running hard & straight can do forya, innit...... Slade converts, 7-0 & advantage WOB.

^^^^^^ it was 1977: mullets & flared trousers were practically compulsory, platform soles only slightly less so.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Woohoo! Victory is mine!

Already looking forward to the rematch almost as much as @DP's next post :)

Just out of interest @Dismal, what did you have in store for me had things gone differently?