• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Hurricanes Round 11 (ANZAC Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Think I saw 26000+ in the paper this morning. Article made the point that it was more than the other Australian home crowds combined, so at least we're still winning something. ;)

They didn't put it up at the game, I'd be surprised if it was only 26k, seemed like more. Without a doubt the Reds biggest of the season.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought the yellow card & 10 mins against Gill was totally unjustified.
He was trying to get back on side at the time.
Just a penalty if he did get in the way of the half backs pass.

I'm really starting to thing that Refs are having ego trips handing out yellow cards. Just a few years ago you had to be a real pest to get one.
Its just crap today.

No, it's "lazy running" and a definite yellow for killing quick ball on that part of the field..........

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't know that it would have been a yellow if that had been the only incident but it was already under penalty advantage and then Gill gets in the way of the pass. I think in those circumstances you'll see a yellow card pretty much every time.

The onus is rightly on the offside player not to get in the way when they're getting back onside.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I have been a to a multitude of grounds across a multitude of countries and across a multitude of sports and if there is one common theme it is the home crowd berating the referee/umpire whenever he/she makes a decision against the local team.

I really wish people would stop being fucking hypocritical about that particular topic because it is fucking tiring to hear the "holier than thou" set go on and on about it when it is exactly the same everywhere.
gel, Today at 8:12 AM Report
Ok Gel, calm down precious, if you read my post I clearly said ,it not only at Suncorp or only Reds fans, just I wonder why it happens so much. the question was why people can't enjoy going to rugby, not why can't Reds fans enjoy going to rugby! I just think they would enjoy game if they got into the bloody game and not just the result. I will say it was great not to have that idiot screaming "we are Reds" during game, quite happy for him to do his shouting just before start of second half as he did. And the young girl doing interview at halftime was a real winner in my book.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Dan54, you were sitting exactly where I was sitting, right in the members section. Wasn't that bad, the ref had a few shockers, and the friggin linesman incorrectly overruled a bunch of the refs calls, missed nonu's shoulder charge and a heap of offsides.

You should sit over in the visiting teams section (old church corner), that's where all the canes supporters were.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Lol nugget, they may of been as bad, like I said not getting at Reds supporters, but supporters that don't seem to be at rugby to enjoy game. I thought the refs and or Ars would of looked a bit harder at the Nonu incident too, geez it was replayed enough times on the screen;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Also can I add, as I said to couple of mates that were getting stuck into reds a bit, I would consider cutting them a little slack, Frisby the poor bugger is a 9, not a 10, and outside him is a severe lack of experience, takes a year or 2 for young players to know how to hold themselves when opposition sneak the ball in behind them, thought Reds midfield looked fairly lost, but look at the 2experinced buggers that were cutting them up. I know it hard to ask but I believe patience is required for a couple of seasons, hell I know,I'm a Canes man, look how they blew things while Perenara/Barrett were getting their game going properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.