• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Massive effort from Easts. Understrength, down to 13 men for a vital period, down 20-3 at halftime and Brandon knocks over a 40m penalty to win it after the bell. On a side note The Thor got a lesson in scrummaging tonight. I was a neutral supporter and bros will more then likely blame the ref, but to be honest they just seemed to run out of gas and got real sloppy. Great game and actually worth the 5 bucks admission.

gees, I wouldn't say that. I thought the scrums were a fantastic battle and pretty even. I recall one tight head Brothers got. I thought Thor was immense all over the field through the game, until late when he picked up some sort of injury.

You have to keep remembering - this kid is 18!

T

Tigers Tale

Reg the Thor is a talent and as you said his impact diminished in the second half probably as a result of injury(leg) and fatigue.

As for the lights I don't know about the players but the lighting wasn't great for the spectators.

Maybe Brothers could use the gate money to upgrade the lights.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
TT, the Easts subs bench is right under a new light post. I imagine that would have been a reasonable position for viewing.

Around the half-way line was quite good.

I like night games a lot, but I will agree that you have better viewing during the day.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth - I have no bitches about the day apart from the fact that a couple of my beers could have been colder.

Student of the Game

Peter Burge (5)
Back to the topic of Sam Greene. I was skeptical as to what everyone saw in him (other than a great goal kicking game) a few years back, but after watching him Saturday I have to agree with T12 in that he is the next best five eighth in queensland after Quade. He is one of the busiest 10s I've seen in QPR. If you watch him closely he works really hard off the ball to get in the right positions, particularly in support play and he gets a lot of tries for doing so. This is something I don't think enough 10s do and something I really like in Greene. Obviously he is great kicker in both general play and for goal, to the point that I'm pretty sure I've heard Marto rate him the BEST goalkicker in Queensland (not a bad wrap). If he keeps improving his defense and keeps his head in check I think he should be a shoe in for a NRC spot. A good NRC season could then see him leap frog McIntyre as successor to Quade next year. Richard Graham may be his only issue there.

Tim Jemapelle

Frank Row (1)
Any match reports on Sunnybank flanker Chazz Mahina? From what I saw last year, he's a good player and a menace in the breakdown. Need more info

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Back to the topic of Sam Greene. I was skeptical as to what everyone saw in him (other than a great goal kicking game) a few years back, but after watching him Saturday I have to agree with T12 in that he is the next best five eighth in queensland after Quade. He is one of the busiest 10s I've seen in QPR. If you watch him closely he works really hard off the ball to get in the right positions, particularly in support play and he gets a lot of tries for doing so. This is something I don't think enough 10s do and something I really like in Greene. Obviously he is great kicker in both general play and for goal, to the point that I'm pretty sure I've heard Marto rate him the BEST goalkicker in Queensland (not a bad wrap). If he keeps improving his defense and keeps his head in check I think he should be a shoe in for a NRC spot. A good NRC season could then see him leap frog McIntyre as successor to Quade next year. Richard Graham may be his only issue there.

SOTG won't be an issue mate as Spindle won't be there come 2016! Surely even the suits with Tigers blood running through their veins would come to the realisation that there needs to be a change in the coaching ranks! Its not a criticism of the blokes there but a reflection of results and performances post the Link era. We have gone backwards not forwards since Link moved on and I still struggle with the fact that we recruited coaches who produced zero results at another Super Franchise!?!?!?! Did no one else see this coming. As for Greene, I feel he is far more settled this year and like what I have seen from him. He has been the most composed of the 10s I have seen this year and I personally think he is travelling far better than McIntyre. To be fair to McIntyre he is not long returned from injury, so once he finds his rhythm I am sure we will start to see some of the form we saw in the NRC. Dalgleish and Third to add to the mix and this is where the investment needs to be made not trying to develop league talent like Paiua who in my mind is not even a 10. Good skills but no rugby nous or at least not enough to be a key cog in your side.

rugrambler

Frank Row (1)
Chaz has had slow start to the season but was MON against North's last week and back to his best against GPS on Saturday. A very good player and will go on. Lolo made his debut for the Reds yesterday and has a big future .A future Wallaby with leadership skills and ethics.

T

Tigers Tale

Sorry I might be bias but I really say this as a Reds fan - the best #10 in QPR in terms of being a game manager is still Matt Brandon.

Sorry I just don't see Green, McIntyre or Tuttle being of S15 standard at this stage.

Here is a thought given Green's speed are his chances at a higher level more achievable at #15?

Like so many backs out of Crosby he's a great counter attacker.

T

Tigers Tale

Stumpy impressive vision of the Thor, he shoves off Jimmy Moore (Easts #4) like a rag doll, and he is one of the best tacklers in QPR stemming from 2 years with Melb Storm U20s.

runsonrum

Allen Oxlade (6)
Doughty Shield update after Round 7

University - 218 (+44 from Round 6)
Sunnybank - 187 (+26)
Brothers - 172 (+28)
Easts - 139 (+19)
GPS - 137 (+25)
Souths - 81 (+0)
Bond - 81 (+20)
Norths - 74 (+10)
Wests - 61 (+5)