• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natal shark

Peter Burge (5)
^^^^^
To answer your question, mainly because the boys I'm talking about have specifically been brought to the school to play rugby.
I don't know the answer to this, and I guess it could vary from school to school, but are all boys given the option of completing their senior education, or just elite sportsmen?
Just a quick thought the boys I know came on a scholarship was too improve there rugby prospects and espicially if you are from the country towns you get lost in the system but to receive top education to get the marks to go to uni.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Does anyone know when the Qld School boys trials are on?

GPS Rugby Pre-Season Calender

• BBC's pre-Sanix camp was from the April 15 - April 19.
  • BBC's Sanix tour is from April 25 - May 8.
  • The Combined Schools trials (Met North, Darling Downs etc) are in Townsville from May 7 - May 10.
  • First round of GPS Schoolboy Rep Trials start May 24.
  • GPS Friendly matches (TSS v TGS + ACGS v BBC) on May 31.
  • Second round of GPS Schoolboy Rep Trials start June 6. Selections finalised that afternoon.
  • First GPS representative training session at Churchie on June 14.
  • Queensland Schoolboys Trials will be held between Thursday June 18 - Sunday June 21 at Ballymore.
  • GPS Round 1 starts on July 18: TSS host BGS, ACGS host GT, BBC host IGS, NC host TGS.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not much time to prepare given the boys have at that stage not really even played many trial games??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Yep the Firsts Squads all over the place will be getting things together bloody quick now...panic mode for many.
A couple with the usual head start. TSS is in full swing and BBC are over playing Sushi Rugby. That will be a nice light run for them until they meet up with Scots College from NZ....

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Nudgee got their initial squad together in November last year and have been training since end of last year, with a break over Christmas but straight back into it first day of school.

Started with a 1sts squad of about 45, now down to a squad of 25. Some new faces but 10 players in the 25 who played at least one game last year (8 regulars). Apparently 5 x Year 11's in the squad, 1 x Year 10 boy and the rest are Year 12's.

Training Tuesday night was apparently the hardest that they have ever done - even those hardened boys who've been around for a while - they are tightening the screws!!

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Nudgee got their initial squad together in November last year and have been training since end of last year, with a break over Christmas but straight back into it first day of school.

Started with a 1sts squad of about 45, now down to a squad of 25. Some new faces but 10 players in the 25 who played at least one game last year (8 regulars). Apparently 5 x Year 11's in the squad, 1 x Year 10 boy and the rest are Year 12's.

Training Tuesday night was apparently the hardest that they have ever done - even those hardened boys who've been around for a while - they are tightening the screws!!

Warning to NC. make sure squad members don't get 'burnt out' before Rugby Season starts.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
spoke to Cuz in Japan with BBC
Bbc ,Nz,england and South Africa are all undefeated and won their pools .
quarter final tomorrow
the south africans are enormous and their biggest player is a giant winger.
the NZ school is Scots College aligned with Hurricanes and have Tana Umungas sons and John Schuster son playing. the Uk school is an academy .
butPaul Roos high school form SA are team to beat.
NZ beat the top Japanese School 29 -17 and SA beat same team 50 to nil !!
japanese schools are surprisinly good
loos like BBC will play Scots College tomorrow. Umunga's son at fullback is the star.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Yep the Firsts Squads all over the place will be getting things together bloody quick now.panic mode for many.
A couple with the usual head start. TSS is in full swing and BBC are over playing Sushi Rugby. That will be a nice light run for them until they meet up with Scots College from NZ..

again WW is correct . BBc play Scots in Quarters tomorrow . but my dear WW the japanese schools are not bad at all . scots were really pushed in their first match.

Ben Smith

Frank Nicholson (4)
Scots have lost a few key players that won the national championship last year.. including a NZ schoolboy centre. They are still really good with the Umaga-Jensen twins

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ScreenHunter_003.jpg

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Well thats what you would expect from one of the top 3 Brizzie GPS teams at that stage of the carnival.
The true test will come next.
Nice to see where our comp sits in the scheme of things. Lets see what the Toowong Twisters can do.
They need some good news after that ridiculous Rowing Fiasco.
Can you believe whoever runs that school would let it get to that point?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
At the risk of annoying somebody, I've posted this here.. There's no GPS reminiscing thread, so figured this was the next best place.

I had the privilege to work with GPS halfback Sam Grasso on the Premier Rugby radio show this week, and we had a quick chat about 2007 that I thought would interest many here.

The 2007 Nudgee First XV lost to Southport by 2 points, sealing an undefeated Premiership for the beach boys.

Have a look at the quality in these two sides.. If anybody can fill in the blanks, or correct positions, please do!

Nudgee 2007
1. Nathan Keating-Jones - 1st Grade for Norths
2. Matt Mafi - (Brisbane City NRC)
3. Kirwan Sanday - (Queensland Country NRC)
4. Ted Postal
5. ?
6. ?
7. Angus Leahy - Australian Schoolboys
8. ?
9. Sam Grasso - (Queensland Reds Academy 2009-2010)
10. Stefano Hunt - Western Force
11. Joe Tomane - Wallabies
12. James O'Connor - Wallabies
14. Dom Shipperley - Wallabies
15. 'Bonny' Falifetu - ?

TSS 2007
1. James Slipper (Australian Schoolboys, Wallabies)
2. Josh Cooper (Australian Schoolboys, Queensland Country Heelers 2013)
3. James Willan (Australian Schoolboys, Sydney Stars NRC)
4. Aaron Chapman (Australian Schoolboys, Queensland Reds Academy 2009)
5. Ben Evans (Queensland Schoolboys, French D2 Rugby 2014/15)
6. ?
7. Mitchell Wade (Australian Schoolboys, ACT Vikings NRC)
8.?
9. Mark Swanepoel (Force/Brumbies)
10. Jono Lance (Reds/Waratahs)
11. Simon Morahan
12. Ben Tapuai (Wallabies)
14. Luke Morahan (Reds/Force)
15. Nathan Stapleton (Cronulla Sharks NRL)

Status
Not open for further replies.