• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015S15 Saffer derbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Teams:
Stormers:
15 Cheslin Kolbe, 14 Johnny Kotze, 13 Juan de Jongh, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Pat Howard, 10 Demetri Catrakilis, 9 Nic Groom, 8 Duane Vermeulen (captain), 7 Siya Kolisi, 6 Schalk Burger, 5 Ruan Botha, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Steven Kitshoff
Substitutes: 16 Scarra Ntubeni, 17 Oli Kebble, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Jean Kleyn, 20 Nizaam Carr, 21 Louis Schreuder, 22 Kurt Coleman, 23 Huw Jones
Bulls:
15 Jesse Kriel, 14 Francois Hougaard, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Jan Serfontein, 11 Bjorn Basson, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Piet van Zyl, 8 Pierre Spies (captain), 7 Jacques du Plessis, 6 Deon Stegmann, 5 Grant Hattingh, 4 Flip van der Merwe, 3 Marcel van der Merwe, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Dean Greyling
Substitutes: 16 Callie Visagie, 17 Morne Mellet, 18 Arno Botha, 19 Lappies Labuschagne, 20 Akona Ndungane, 21 Tian Schoeman, 22 Jurgen Visser, 23 Trevor Nyakane

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Teams:
Stormers:
15 Cheslin Kolbe, 14 Johnny Kotze, 13 Juan de Jongh, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Pat Howard, 10 Demetri Catrakilis, 9 Nic Groom, 8 Duane Vermeulen (captain), 7 Siya Kolisi, 6 Schalk Burger, 5 Ruan Botha, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Steven Kitshoff
Substitutes: 16 Scarra Ntubeni, 17 Oli Kebble, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Jean Kleyn, 20 Nizaam Carr, 21 Louis Schreuder, 22 Kurt Coleman, 23 Huw Jones
Bulls:
15 Jesse Kriel, 14 Francois Hougaard, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Jan Serfontein, 11 Bjorn Basson, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Piet van Zyl, 8 Pierre Spies (captain), 7 Jacques du Plessis, 6 Deon Stegmann, 5 Grant Hattingh, 4 Flip van der Merwe, 3 Marcel van der Merwe, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Dean Greyling
Substitutes: 16 Callie Visagie, 17 Morne Mellet, 18 Arno Botha, 19 Lappies Labuschagne, 20 Akona Ndungane, 21 Tian Schoeman, 22 Jurgen Visser, 23 Trevor Nyakane

This is probably the key match for the SA conference in the regular season. A bonus point win for the Stormers and they are on their way to the finals and maybe second place. A win for the Bulls and the Stormers are probably out of the running for the top two. The Bulls have to win well if they are to have a chance as they have not yet toured Australasia where they don't usually go well. There's a lot at stake.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
20 Akona Ndungane, - is he converting to the loose forwards? Was a winger, was he not?

I think they've just got their numbers organised in an unusual way. Both of the Ndungdane brothers play on the wing. Arno Botha is listed at 18 and he is a backrower and Nyakane is a prop and he's listed at 23.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Must have been from an article written by a Cape Town journalist. They are usually drunk and not many of them can count. Their mothers smoked too much weed. Fried brains.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Must have been from an article written by a Cape Town journalist. They are usually drunk and not many of them can count. Their mothers smoked too much weed. Fried brains.
Nah Beeld reporter from Pretoria. Cow milk sniffer like Joost.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The centres match up worth the entrance price alone.

SA really do have some great 12/13's coming through.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lions vs Cheetahs - What an exciting game of rugby with plenty of ball movement.

Not all Sefrika games are boring field position percentage rugby. Plenty of fantastic tries.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Duane Vermeulen. There is no better rugby player breathing air right now. He is just an incredible machine.

Geluk (Congrats) Oom. Deserved.

Bulls missed their 9. Van Zyl was slow to make decisions. The Stormer's defenses saw them through. We dominated territory and possession for the last 30 and could not score.

That Lions twelve is the goods. Loving the Lions right now. Jantjes is playing himself right into the World Cup squad right now. Meyer will be happy with the new quotas.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Duane Vermeulen. There is no better rugby player breathing air right now. He is just an incredible machine.

Geluk (Congrats) Oom. Deserved.

Bulls missed their 9. Van Zyl was slow to make decisions. The Stormer's defenses saw them through. We dominated territory and possession for the last 30 and could not score.

That Lions twelve is the goods. Loving the Lions right now. Jantjes is playing himself right into the World Cup squad right now. Meyer will be happy with the new quotas.
Thought the Bulls were unlucky, they really played well. Malherbe summed it up nicely about the north vs south rivalry. As expected Dean Greyling costed them heavily. Thought Spies played one of his best matches and hell how WP needs Pollard.

Good luck to the Bulls going on tour, make us proud!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Greyling. He is so useless.
Well I think the two Stormers tight heads will make it big this year. Malherbe and secially Koch came some way, we have good LHs, so good to see Ginga & Malherbe coming to age now.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
WTF. How many years is Greyling gonna take to learn to bind and scrum properly? Utterly useless.

Stormers deserved that, and I have no idea how we didn't lose by more.

WP need Pollard, but not nearly as much as we need Koch and/or Malherbe.

We will falter from here on in, and finish just inside the top 10.

I must admit I did enjoy Spies tackling Vermeulen so hard that the ball popped out, had to pinch myself that I indeed saw it correctly. He's playing better than he was before his injuries, more physical and he made so many other tackles as well.

But he can't win a game on his own, and especially our scrums are costing us so much at the moment.

EDIT: He and Pollard.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
EDIT: He and Pollard.
I have seen Pollard slotting a droppie for a Gim interschools win from halfway.

pollard_gim_schools2012.jpg

Saw this coming on saturday but then Duanne appear from nowhere to deny this.

70d085d3484444acbed89796b64687cd.jpg

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/How-Vermeulen-outfoxed-Pollard-20150428

Whatta a battle this was.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Time to move on, this weekend will be tough again. Bulls hosting the Lions & Cheetahs the Stormers.

One thing I'll give Coetzee credit is his planning to rest crictical Springbokke within the squad. This weekend he'll probably rest a few plus Ginga. The Stormers have some excellent fatties and locks. Rotate them.

The other players from the Bulls I thought had good games are JJ & Hougie. I am still puzzled why they dont play Hougie in 9. He needs to play there week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.