• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Scores for the Marist vs bbc trial?

match played in 3 x 25 mins thirds.
game 1 .BBC ran its number one team on except for massive number 8 (Gunter-3rd year 1st xv ). i dont know why but he did not look happy about it
. BBC won 26 to nil
. 4 tries.the BBC backline looked like the 2nd year 1stxv players 4 of them are. 10 for BBC was best on field . Ashgrove defence of wingers and fullback was brilliant and saved at least 3 tries
game 2
Gunther got sin binned early on for 10 mins came back on and scored a barnstorming try
BBC won 12-7 . but Ashgrove dished them up in scrums
Game 3
BBC put most of team 1 back on but switched 15 to 10 and 10 to 9. captain number 4 ( 6foot 7)did not play
BBC won 21 nil . gunther scored another big try and huge number 3 scored 2 tries.

BBC team 1 looked like a side with 6 state reps and 2 aussie 7s reps.
BBc team 2 was very disappointing. Ashgrove had great technique and good defence out wide but apart from 13 found it hard to break the line.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Scores for the Marist vs bbc trial?
match played in 3 x 25 mins thirds.
game 1 .BBC ran its number one team on except for massive number 8 (Gunter-3rd year 1st xv ). i dont know why but he did not look happy about it
. BBC won 26 to nil
. 4 tries.the BBC backline looked like the 2nd year 1stxv players 4 of them are. 10 for BBC was best on field . Ashgrove defence of wingers and fullback was brilliant and saved at least 3 tries

As a BBC supporter- I say congrats to Ashgrove for a brave effort-great scrummaging and brilliant tackling.
Team 1 for BBC had around ten 2nd year 1st xv players -including the whole backline.

good luck

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Predictions:

Padua vs SLC - Padua by 15
Pats vs Iona - Pats by 20
Peters vs Villa - Peters by 15
Ash vs SEC - SEC by 5 - will be a cracker

Big Fella28

Bob McCowan (2)
Padua defeated St Pats 24-12 in a very good trial game yesterday afternoon. The Padua forwards were very good but so were the Pat's forwards. The Pats forward's defence was exteremly strong as was theie number 9. Padua had a bit more class and speed in the backs and scored 3 of their 4 tries out wide. St Pats will really give some of the top sides a big shake up if they turn up not ready to play. Their forwards were very disciplined and held the Padua forwards well.

Slim Shady

Frank Row (1)
Eddies beat peter's yesterday 14-5, though neither team was obviously at full strength, peter's missing a large part of their forward pack and Eddies missing a couple players as well

Mr.Footy

Bob McCowan (2)
G'Day Fellas, guess whose back for a second round in 2015?
That's right, Mr Footy. Although this year does not look as outstanding as the competition last year, I'm sure there will be great victories and astounding upsets, heartbreaks and triumphants. However, lets get to the most important part, the tipping.

Padua Vs St Laurences
Looks to be a close one, however, based on the poooor form of Lauries last year and the continuation of many younger paduans from previous years in the firsts. going to have to tip Padua by 14.

St Pats Vs Iona

Although Pats will be home, Iona will most certainly be set to make a big statement in the first round, having not been in the winners circle for a few years. Expect a strong Iona forward pack and a narrow win.

St Peters Vs Villanova

Most likely the least interesting match of the round, St Peters will be too strong against a villanova side which only has the talents of a few stars and not a great team feeling. Peters by 7

Ashgrove Vs Eddies

The game of the round, I know I'm most likely going to try and get out to McMahon Oval? to watch it. These two look to be a few of the favourites this year and this match will be imperative for the season. Tipping Ashgrove to get the win from their hard running centres and grunt in the forward back, Eddies will fall short.

As Always, Keep Learning.
Your Teacher, Mr Footy

The Adjudicator

Frank Nicholson (4)
Love your work Mr Footy, Not sure about your pick of Iona to win, but i guess we will wait and see.
How about we get some ladder predictions of the season.

1 Ashgrove
2 Padua
3 Eddies
4 St Pats
5 St Peters
6 St Lauries
7 Iona
8 Villa

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a joint prem this year, between 2 or even 3 teams.

Koty30832

Allen Oxlade (6)
Love your work Mr Footy, Not sure about your pick of Iona to win, but i guess we will wait and see.
How about we get some ladder predictions of the season.

1 Ashgrove
2 Padua
3 Eddies
4 St Pats
5 St Peters
6 St Lauries
7 Iona
8 Villa

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a joint prem this year, between 2 or even 3 teams.

Yeah cant really see ashgrove getting the first XV premiership this year although top 4 contenders for sure.

My predictions:

1. Eddies
2. Padua
3. Pats
4. Ashgrove
5. Peters
6. Lauries
7. Iona
8. Villa

But all means nothing to go by because really anything can happen with injuries and such but yes very tight top 4 this year ill predict

Status
Not open for further replies.