• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Friday 8th May, Rebels v Blues @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Akira Ioane plays in the backrow.

He just runs faster than most wingers.

Yeah, my bad. I went back and checked the team sheet and realised my error.

Still, I think I can be excused for my mistake. The bloke has a bit of speed!

:)

D

daz

Gagger is going to demote Daz to moderating the 2nd division forum this weekend.

Thank fuck for that. Time for me and my mate Angus Gardiner to kick back, catch up on some hardcore solitaire and reflect on our inability to make the right call under pressure.

:oops:

D

daz

Daz

you just cant afford to make that sort of mistake at this level of foruming

Have you been paying attention for the last 8 years? I do this shit all the time, its just that someone finally called me on it...

I refer you to my signature below, kindly given to me by Cyclo after a previous howler!

Melbourne Terrace

Darby Loudon (17)
Going to be more Blues fans than rebels at this rate.

There will be 50k at Etihad for the Melbourne Derby and at least 70k at the MCG for Collingwood vs Geelong, zero chance of a crowd. Know plenty of Rebels regulars who are choosing to go to the A-League instead.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I am going to Rebels game over A League and AFL. Tough choice. Planning to head over to G for last one and a half quarters of AFL after Rebels.

One of guys I usually go to Rebels with is going to A League

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Scooter, my wife and I wandered over to the MCG after the Rebels/Tahs match in 2013, we would've liked to've watched the last quarter of the Collingwood/Swans match but couldn't get in. Are you buying a ticket? Or is there another way you're getting in?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
They used to open the gates in the third quarter, but given the AFL is a rapacious corporation hell-bent on screwing its patrons and competitors alike, it doesn't surprise me that they're trying to leech every bit of cash they can from an increasingly fatigued and disengaged Melbourne public.

<rant over>

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
This game is there for the Force to win. The Blues are vulnerable from 9-13, especially down the 10 channels. Their best player and go-to man is crocked as is their All Black fullback. 9-13 is a real strength for the Rebels and they should win it here. The problem the Rebels will have is that they don't go into this match as underdogs, but as warm favorites. Last time they did this, against the Lions, look what happened.

This game for the Rebels is all about getting their headspace right. Do that and they will win, maybe even with a bonus point. But they need to start flat out and put the Blues on the back foot. The Blues are mentally vulnerable and will crumble under pressure.

No excuses, this is the Rebels to win. With three easy games after this they will have their best year ever. Should end the comp with 40+ points, unheard of result for a team widely tipped to win the spoon again.

D

daz

Hawko, I don't disagree with your assessment of the Blues game, and I think the Rebels need to man up and own the favouritism tag. I think we will win, but I'm not convinced we can put any team to the sword with a 4 try BP just yet.

I do think you are being a bit ambitious thinking we can pick up "easy" wins. If history teaches us Rebels supporters anything, it is that we are not quite in the area where we can say anything is easy or consistent, even given our current patch of form.

I expect that we should beat the Reds (15-A) and Force (14-H), but the Bulls (3-H), Sharks (11-A) and Stormers (7-A) will be bloody tough.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Have to agree there is no easy games in this comp.

I am hoping that we win 4 more games: Blues, Reds, Force and Sharks

and give the bulls and Stormers a run for there money.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Have to agree there is no easy games in this comp.

I am hoping that we win 4 more games: Blues, Reds, Force and Sharks

and give the bulls and Stormers a run for there money.

That's what I was basing my comments on. The Rebels are a genuine mid-table team and therefore should put the bottom teams away. But, like BH says, in this comp anyone can beat anyone if they don't show up 100%.

Incidentally, I like the chances of the Rebels springing an upset on the Bulls at the end of their road trip.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Not a tough choice at all between A-league, footy and rugby. Rebels all day baby.

I'll save you all the trouble of watching the soccer:
pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, shoot, miss. Rinse and repeat.

For the footy:
"What the fuck is going on, is there any logic to this game? Did he just punch a ball?"

See you all Friday night.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Not a tough choice at all between A-league, footy and rugby. Rebels all day baby.

I'll save you all the trouble of watching the soccer:
pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, shoot, miss. Rinse and repeat.

For the footy:
"What the fuck is going on, is there any logic to this game? Did he just punch a ball?"

See you all Friday night.

I wish I could like this more than once.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
teams up, Sean and Ellison rested, Hegarty back to the bench.

Harris, Fainga'a and English to start. Shipperley moves to outside centre

RaboDirect Rebels squad to face Blues, Friday May 8th 7:30pm, AAMI Park
1. Toby Smith (Rebel #60, 23 Rebels Caps)
2. Pat Leafa (Rebel #57, 28 Rebels Caps)
3. Paul Alo-Emile (Rebel #44, 45 Rebels Caps)
4. Luke Jones (Rebel #32, 55 Rebels Caps)
5. Lopeti Timani (Rebel #69, 11 Rebels Caps)
6. Colby Fainga’a (Rebel #65, 25 Rebels Caps)
7. Jordy Reid (Rebel #51, 17 Rebels Caps)
8. Scott Higginbotham (Rebel #46, 39 Rebels Caps, Captain)
9. Nic Stirzaker (Rebel #38, 33 Rebels Caps)
10. Jack Debreczeni (Rebel #71, 14 Rebels Caps)
11. Sefanaia Naivalu (Rebel #77, 10 Rebels Caps)
12. Mitch Inman (Rebel #35, 54 Rebels Caps)
13. Dom Shipperley (Rebel #75, 7 Rebels Caps)
14. Tom English (Rebel #50, 35 Rebels Caps)
15. Mike Harris (Rebel #76, 9 Rebels Caps)
Reserves:
16. Tom Sexton (Rebel #81, 2 Rebels Cap)
17. Cruze Ah-Nau (Rebel #59, 21 Rebels Caps)
18. Tim Metcher (Rebel #83, 1 Rebels Cap)
19. Cadeyrn Neville (Rebel #42, 45 Rebels Caps)
20. Scott Fuglistaller (Rebel #45, 41 Rebels Caps)
21. Luke Burgess (Rebel #56, 23 Rebels Caps)
22. Bryce Hegarty (Rebel #54, 27 Rebels Caps)
23. Telusa Veainu (Rebel #68, 6 Rebels Caps)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Rebs should stomp the Blues.

But part of me gets the feeling they'll find a way to fuck it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.