• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Just heard a radio interview with knuckles who said JOC (James O'Connor) will be 15 - they see khunt as a 13 and kerevi as a 12. Mcintyre and Greene to get their first taste of super 15 this weekend as well and most importantly at 10

about time

T

TOCC

If Gill went I'd be looking to keep Beau. Gill doesn't really cover 6 and Quirk doesn't really cover 7 or 8. If Gill goes you've got an a basically untried rookie in Gunn as your sole 7 option.

Personally I'd only have 1 of Schatz and Quirk after what I've seen. I'd take Schatz because of his versatility and line out jumping. Ed has only played well at 6, isn't as strong in the set piece and despite looking like he may have been the best of the 2 in 2013, he trailed off the failed to back it up prior to injury in 2014.

I really like Beau, but his injury run is concerning and I don't think the Reds can afford to retain him for 2016 as a full squad member..

I wouldn't be too quick to cut Quirk since Tui and Thomson are off and potentially one or two others, they will need death in the blindside/number 8 position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

I really like Beau, but his injury run is concerning and I don't think the Reds can afford to retain him for 2016 as a full squad member..

I wouldn't be too quick to cut Quirk since Tui and Thomson are off and potentially one or two others, they will need death in the blindside/number 8 position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with that need, but Quirk has only ever played blindside. With Browning, Korczyk and Lolo all coming along his value to us has dropped a little. Especially considering Browning offers utility value playing across the row, Lolo appears to be developing into the best ball runner and Korczyk is probably quicker with added line out prowess.

Though your point on Robinson's injuries is fair. He's probably been lucky to be available for 60% of games since 2012 and we can't afford to keep him if that continues.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)

Knuckles sounded like he was going to have a heart attack just talking on the phone..

32zustf.jpg

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not sure how I feel about a 12. Kerevi, 13. Hunt, 15. JOC (James O'Connor) backline. A fit and firing Taps is still the best 12 I think the Reds have, and I don't think that Kerevi is a 12, really, either, although he can play alright there.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
blames other teams for taking away Queensland talent.

FFS look at your team you have now--loaded with talent.
but last in the comp--Don't blame other franchises for this debacle!

T

Train Without a Station

You also fail to acknowledge his admission that we want as many young players playing super rugby as possible.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Not sure how I feel about a 12. Kerevi, 13. Hunt, 15. JOC (James O'Connor) backline. A fit and firing Taps is still the best 12 I think the Reds have, and I don't think that Kerevi is a 12, really, either, although he can play alright there.

Same, but I guess they wanted to keep the 10/12 combo from Brisbane City to give McIntyre some reassurance. Pity Pickle isn't fit as he would probably be better starting at 9.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
When does Tapuai's contract run out?

Would love someone like him at 12 over west.

Heard he came pretty close to making the move a couple of years back.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
When does Tapuai's contract run out?

Would love someone like him at 12 over west.

Heard he came pretty close to making the move a couple of years back.

You already have a very good 12, for some reason he plays 13 though. I know size isn't everything but a Tapuai/Godwin centre pairing is SMALL. Tapuai to the Rebels is the best fit. He could be very good outside Deb who I am certainly warming too.

Not that I want him to leave. Would have been playing him ahead of Ant the last few weeks.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
You already have a very good 12, for some reason he plays 13 though. I know size isn't everything but a Tapuai/Godwin centre pairing is SMALL. Tapuai to the Rebels is the best fit. He could be very good outside Deb who I am certainly warming too.

Not that I want him to leave. Would have been playing him ahead of Ant the last few weeks.

Okay. You have me convinced. Can we have Kerevi then? :)

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
From Ian Payten in today's News Corp. online publications, the truth is starting to prevail and be communicated, and those of us that told of this before were, sadly, not exaggerating:

"PLAYERS SEEING RED

SENIOR Queensland Reds players held a meeting with chief executive Jim Carmichael on Wednesday to discuss a number of issues plaguing the club, and air their grievances about the coaching.

It now seems inevitable that Richard Graham will be sacked, unless there is a dramatic turnaround in form and the Reds win their final few games.

Players have been unhappy with game plans and communication from Graham. While he expressed confidence to the group a few weeks ago that he would remain in charge next year, the introduction of “coaching consultant” John Connolly has thrown that into serious doubt.

One team insider said there is already palatable friction between the two.

As for the meeting on Wednesday, we’re told it was organised by Carmichael weeks ago to sound out senior members of the group on a range of topics.

Without question, the Reds camp has been an unhappy place in 2015.

If they don’t start winning games, they will become the first team in history to win a premiership and then a wooden spoon."

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
From Ian Payten in today's News Corp. online publications, the truth is starting to prevail and be communicated, and those of us that told of this before were, sadly, not exaggerating:

"PLAYERS SEEING RED

SENIOR Queensland Reds players held a meeting with chief executive Jim Carmichael on Wednesday to discuss a number of issues plaguing the club, and air their grievances about the coaching.

It now seems inevitable that Richard Graham will be sacked, unless there is a dramatic turnaround in form and the Reds win their final few games.

Players have been unhappy with game plans and communication from Graham. While he expressed confidence to the group a few weeks ago that he would remain in charge next year, the introduction of “coaching consultant” John Connolly has thrown that into serious doubt.

One team insider said there is already palatable friction between the two.

As for the meeting on Wednesday, we’re told it was organised by Carmichael weeks ago to sound out senior members of the group on a range of topics.

Without question, the Reds camp has been an unhappy place in 2015.

If they don’t start winning games, they will become the first team in history to win a premiership and then a wooden spoon."

Usually I am opposed to player power, but this case seems a little different. The coach appears to have no idea so should go and it is good the players are making this clear.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Bit off-topic, but UJ Seuteni will be making his starting debut for Toulon this weekend - at flyhalf.

He was developing very well in his last season in Australia, with Easts when they won the Premiership. He played mostly at 12 and was very good.

Hope he is going well, would of been a good player to have in retrospect, but at the time he was surplus to what we already had.

Status
Not open for further replies.