• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Yes for a real one, I think Speights is over $500, Pococks over $700. I just wanted a replica.

Actually, from what we can tell the only difference between the real and "replica" is the numbers, sweat and grass stains. We were blown away that its all embroided not transfers and the real fabric as well. Identical in details from what we could tell. Real quality product - far superior quality than the previous brands!

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Actually, from what we can tell the only difference between the real and "replica" is the numbers, sweat and grass stains. We were blown away that its all embroided not transfers and the real fabric as well. Identical in details from what we could tell. Real quality product - far superior quality than the previous brands!

If I can get one for under 200 i'll be happy. Although they don't put sizes up and I'm pretty sure i'd probably only fit into Jesse Mogg's jersey haha.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
At 97kg, could provide cover for the whole of the backline as well. We all know that Dan is without peer where-ever he plays.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Now for the SA safari. Stormers and Lions have given up around 50% and 75% more points in defense respectively than the Brumbies. Clearly, the game plan has to be to attack them at every opportunity. Keep ball in hand and run at them all game. Also, need to a bit judicious in deciding when to take penalty goals and when to go for a rolling maul.

Gorgodze

Bob McCowan (2)
Why do people think we don't win the games like the Tahs game on the weekend or generally lack that something extra to take us from being solid contenders to a team that looks like a title winner?

I look at our team and i think it is very good on paper with some genuine champions at this level (#s 2,6,7,13,14 for example) and I feel like we are reasonably well coached (in the sense that the right players get picked in the right spots, the squad clearly buys in/commits to what the team is doing and we turn up every week). I think though that we're not exceptionally well coached and that we have very good, but not brilliant players in most playmaker positions. I think to win the comp you probably need to be as well coached as the best coached teams and have at least 1 or 2 World XV type players calling the shots in the backs. In the absense of that we'll remain a good team and a threat, but will probably come up short in too many games. Most of the games we've lost over the last 3 years we've been highly competitive and we've had some really good wins but we just seem to lack that something to take us to the next level.

Sorry, not a very well thought through answer, but definitely a question that's worth reflecting on.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Has Siliva Siliva played any club rugby yet this year?

It seems like he's been injured for an awfully long time.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Why do people think we don't win the games like the Tahs game on the weekend or generally lack that something extra to take us from being solid contenders to a team that looks like a title winner?

I look at our team and i think it is very good on paper with some genuine champions at this level (#s 2,6,7,13,14 for example) and I feel like we are reasonably well coached (in the sense that the right players get picked in the right spots, the squad clearly buys in/commits to what the team is doing and we turn up every week). I think though that we're not exceptionally well coached and that we have very good, but not brilliant players in most playmaker positions. I think to win the comp you probably need to be as well coached as the best coached teams and have at least 1 or 2 World XV type players calling the shots in the backs. In the absense of that we'll remain a good team and a threat, but will probably come up short in too many games. Most of the games we've lost over the last 3 years we've been highly competitive and we've had some really good wins but we just seem to lack that something to take us to the next level.

Sorry, not a very well thought through answer, but definitely a question that's worth reflecting on.

Actually, its a good question I have though about myself. The only thing that keeps coming to my mind is identity which then defines what you do and how you do it and reputation. So what do we think of when it come to other teams? EG:

Chiefs - attack from everywhere, don't take your eyes off them, quick hands and will run and create

Landers - stay away from the back three but they are inconsistent

Canes - will attack from anywhere and now they have consistency...

Stormers - watertight defence, big and tough.

So working on this theme what about the Brumbies - near all Wallaby, good forwards, strong locks, good set piece, smart, fast.....

So, why don't opposition teams worry about our back 3, or the whole backline, or that we can attack from anywhere, or our forwards will smash you, or we are smart so be ready for anything etc?

IMHO its because the old Brumbies way was controlling; nowadays it doesn't work. We need to see the personality of the team, the talent and skill of the players and team be let free and the game plan fit around it, let the team develop a personality and build its identity and reputation.

I think in the last few weeks we are starting to see it emerge.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Also, an update on To'omua.

Steve Larkham says he looks pretty much out of next weeks game. He had a run on Friday but pulled up sore and they're looking at the big picture

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Sam Carter reportedly out for 12 weeks with a torn medial ligament in his knee

Yes Brumby Jack, Sam sent a txt to our daughter today advising that he had a "grade 3 mcl. fracture, and meniscus tear"! BUGGER!! After all these years of encouragement from his family and friends. I spoke to his Dad this morning, before any of us knew the severity of Sam's injury!

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Mr Doug said:
[quote uid=1809 name="Brumby Jack" post=746984]Sam Carter reportedly out for 12 weeks with a torn medial ligament in his knee

Yes Brumby Jack, Sam sent a txt to our daughter today advising that he had a "grade 3 mcl. fracture, and meniscus tear"! BUGGER!! After all these years of encouragement from his family and friends. I spoke to his Dad this morning, before any of us knew the severity of Sam's injury![/quote]
Bugger.. Give him GNGR our best..

Sent from my D6503 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.