• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Sharks, Round 15 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bobby Sands

The problem is that he will get only 10 minutes on the field which is not enough to maintain a full match fitness. In my opinion he should have been released earlier.

That game the other night was against a bunch of boys just running around with no structure. Far better to be training with men, in a Super Rugby environment and gain any valuable experience he can. The physicality will be helpful to what he will face in a few weeks.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Last week against the Rebels, the reds were getting done for a large part of the first half until the Reds forwards got the pick & drive going, which in turn created the go forward that allowed the backs to receive ball going forward.
That, combined with a genuine fly half (no expursions on Frisby, who was filling in previously), swung the game dramatically the Reds way in the second half.
The big question is, will the Sharks forwards allow the Reds to maintain that pick & drive momentum tonight.
That could be where the game will be won or lost for them.
I believe , because the forwards have played as a pack for a while now, that they will maintain the drive, after experiencing how successful it was for them.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Last week against the Rebels, the reds were getting done for a large part of the first half.

Last week again the Rebels, I went to the bar and skolled 2 Heineken's at Half-Time to get some Reds cheering courage for the 2nd Half. Not sure if it was the alcohol kicking in or the on-field performance that had me so much happier during the next 40 but either way, I had a good night.

Hoping we aren't one hit wonders and get another win tonight. Reds only scored back to back wins once last season and obviously, we haven't yet this year. It was actually a similar stage of last season that we finally jagged 2 in a row so that could be an omen that tonight's the night!

Go the Reds!

Reactions: gel

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
Last week again the Rebels, I went to the bar and skolled 2 Heineken's at Half-Time to get some Reds cheering courage for the 2nd Half. Not sure if it was the alcohol kicking in or the on-field performance that had me so much happier during the next 40 but either way, I had a good night.

Great to hear you had a good night, as did I. Raised in Brisbane, being a Reds supporter until late, it was great to see them finally click. Don't take this as a bias as I am a Rebel fan, but I will point out that an injury to prop Toby Smith early in the game brought out the best of the reds front row, as well as Pat Leafa going down, replacement of Alo-Emile and McMahon pulling up short after rib injury, all with 30 mins left.. This did play a big part in the reds dominance and gave McIntyre an opportunity to show his stuff.. With Reds being my 2nd team, I do think that last week isn't something to go off for this weekend, but I do hope the confidence is there to back it up tonight.

Inclusion of Kuridrani will play a big part; highly underrated, yet always manages to be on the back of Graham's mind whenever Turner messes up, i.e: crusaders game. I think give Kuridrani a bit more time and the consistency will flow with him and Kerevi becoming unstoppable, as their combination showed for jeeps club footy. Easily the most consistent outside back performer for the reds this season IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

something

Jim Clark (26)
i agree, kurindrani has been such a smokey but like never fails to appoint (why isn't this the opposite of disappoint?)

T

TOCC

Nice counter attack from Genia-Shatz-Gill... Just missed the final pass..

Reds have stolen 2 of the sharks line-outs already

Sharks attacking the breakdown and causing a few turnovers, Reds will have to put extra players in to secure the ball

T

TOCC

Sharks over, ran down the blind from an attacking scrum and caught the Reds 2 on 1

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Good effort from Thomson there to nearly disrupt the try.........

A bit concerning that Gardner has had to go to the TMO on two pretty clear cut decisions.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Shorks are looking keen to atone for the Sydney game.

Meanwhile reports that the Google Street View car was also recently spotted in Western Queensland.

queensland-reds-coaching-staff-jpg.6341

Inspired by @Dismal Pillock

T

TOCC

Call me cynical but these shark players aren't releasing the tackled player before going for the ball... Some pretty loose refereeing around the ruck

Status
Not open for further replies.