• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I remember that argument being for McMahon vs Fardy not Hooper/Pocock vs Fardy

And McMahon has only taken 13 lineouts this year, which isn't a lot............

He has accomplished 1 steal though, although I'm not sure if that's attributed to an overthrow.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
has anyone been following mumm's form? I note that he has been named in the Premiership 2015 Dream Team. He must be standing out to some extent

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not just named, was given captain.. not sure if they meant he was the only club captain or the best player. He's been killing it from the games I saw. Exeter play a real good brand of rugby too which helped his running game.

T

Train Without a Station

Tell me again how Hooper is too physically small and how much of a beast Pocock is physically...

415861-bae10fb2-003d-11e5-bdd8-9a096bbdd38d.jpg

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well yeah of course they can, they've done it before 6 times!

I think everyone forgets every time Pocock has been fit and playing in gold Hooper (since 2012) has been in the same team with him. I think it's highly likely to happen again.

T

Train Without a Station

I think what that side by side picture shows is that listed heights and weights aren't extremely accurate.

Clearly there is not a huge gulf in height between the 2. I've seen Pocock's height listed at 183cm previously (it's 184 on wiki). Not sure how many adult males grow an inch or more in their mid 20s.

But anyway, what that photo shows is that Pocock is a bit bulkier and more sculpted, but there isn't a huge difference in size like many seem to believe (and try and convince others to). The biggest similarity appears to be in the legs, but it's hard to tell as Pocock is side on, hiding the width of his.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Was he holding a 10kg dumbbell when the Brumbies weighed him? I know stats are never accurate but 115kg? wtf

Given his height he can't be more than 105kg.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah I thought Hooper was a lot shorter.

You would think the Brumbies/Waratah stats would be the most accurate given they can update them each year - or whenever they please. Who knows though, I would love to see them standing side by side properly.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I think what that side by side picture shows is that listed heights and weights aren't extremely accurate.

Clearly there is not a huge gulf in height between the 2. I've seen Pocock's height listed at 183cm previously (it's 184 on wiki). Not sure how many adult males grow an inch or more in their mid 20s.

But anyway, what that photo shows is that Pocock is a bit bulkier and more sculpted, but there isn't a huge difference in size like many seem to believe (and try and convince others to). The biggest similarity appears to be in the legs, but it's hard to tell as Pocock is side on, hiding the width of his.
The width of his what? :p

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
From tonight red's game I can confirm James O'connor is a total show pony, he gets payed weather he plays well or not and he knows it. As a player JOC (James O'Connor) is not worth the dirt to bury him with, sink him in the same boat that graham goes down in. I can easily see how Adam Thompson blew his gasket at him on the way to the changerooms. At least Horne and Cummins play with their heart on their sleeve every game, for all his talent O'Connor is a complete featherweight. Send him back to Europe or better yet League...

T

Train Without a Station

Clearly a personal issue with the bloke by your remarks top gun.

JOC (James O'Connor) made big errors and had a shit game, but he certainly couldn't be accused of being a show pony.

He ran, got smashed, then put his hand up again. And got smashed again.

Fuck he was woeful, but there was no being a show pony.

Status
Not open for further replies.