• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Sharks, Round 15 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I really don't know why, but I have a feeling you don't like JOC (James O'Connor)

Well all of us in Mexico are laughing at that brain fart kick. Different Reds side showed up from last week, Genia went to the short side way to often.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not in this game he didn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many times do you count as opportunities? He made 13 runs 2nd highest all game. And half the time he decided to kick it away. He was popping up side to side within phases, very busy game.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Crowd was reported at just under 22000. Didn't seem to be that high from what was on the TV.

Have the QRU headhunted the Tahs crowd counter guy who used to do the gig at the SFS from 2009-2012?

We've surely and sadly come a long way from the Reds recent heydays when the crowd numbers would be proudly displayed in a massive font on the big screens at Suncorp and when each week seemed to add another few thousand more on the last week........and under the screens the team was steaming ahead to another 'fortress' home win.

T

Train Without a Station

I think tonight showed that McIntyre was not the catalyst for last week that many wanted to believe he was.

I couldn't see too much wrong with what he did tonight but that way most of the other 14 played around him ensured a different result.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Adam Thomson really doesn't look like he wants to be there. Seagulling on the wing a heap, fielded two kicks tonight and showed no effort trying to do any effort with bringing it back, gets in a high position way too often in contact.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thought the same, he was hanging back a lot not getting involved, part of the reason the Sharks got a lot of holding on penalties. Interesting he had a bit of verbal bust up with JOC (James O'Connor) at HT and it might've been about that.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Hey guys, just got home from the game and the most bizarre thing happened. Not sure if it got caught on camera...but JOC (James O'Connor) .....he kicked this ball to a Shorky who fell over and scored a try. Like I said, probably quite an unremarkable thing that did not really get covered in the telecast but seeing it live was really quite strange.

He should probably not do that again because he'll get dropped.

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
Adam Thomson really doesn't look like he wants to be there. Seagulling on the wing a heap, fielded two kicks tonight and showed no effort trying to do any effort with bringing it back, gets in a high position way too often in contact.

Thomson was always playing this style of footy; lazy, yet gleaming when it came to the big plays. Just have a look at his highlanders and All Blacks highlight reels.. A lot of action from the wing. And yes, he's always been one to aim high.. Another lazy tactic, eg; Radike Samo try vs All Blacks a few years back.. Brushes past Richie McCaw, hands of Thomson!

I think the Reds do need to inject the likes of Lolo Fakaosilea earlier in the second; great on the ball, from his slim game opportunities this year, and a fearless ball runner as well. A bit more game time under his belt and he could be a part of something special for Qld rugby if the reds nurture him

Oh, and boot graham..

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
Thomson = Higgers lite. Great white hype. Good-ish Super Rugby player. No more.

I think Higgers has been better than Thomson this year, especially being in a position of leadership.

Thomson was always overrated, and simply a marketing tool to fool the qld public into thinking that some AB's expertise could be instilled into the reds system.. How that has been poorly played out..

Kerevi & Kuridrani; great future for Reds.. If they don't end up in Melbourne ;)

Sources tell me that Samu considered a melbourne move if Reds didn't sign him full time.. How that investment has paid off!

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I think tonight showed that McIntyre was not the catalyst for last week that many wanted to believe he was.

I couldn't see too much wrong with what he did tonight but that way most of the other 14 played around him ensured a different result.

Surely TWAS another factor contrasting last week and this week's games is that v Rebels, the Rebels just collapsed in 2H, their defence fell apart, they lost all structure, they tended back to one-outs, their line speed badly slowed etc.

Whilst tonight, the Sharks made no great improvements in 2H, but they held their ground adequately and stayed fully in the game. So the 2H this week was, comparatively, a far tougher and more unsettling 40 mins for the Reds. And the better opposition (vs last week's) in that period ultimately told on the scoreboard.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I think Higgers has been better than Thomson this year, especially being in a position of leadership.

Thomson was always overrated, and simply a marketing tool to fool the qld public into thinking that some AB's expertise could be instilled into the reds system.. How that has been poorly played out..

Kerevi & Kuridrani; great future for Reds.. If they don't end up in Melbourne ;)

Sources tell me that Samu considered a melbourne move if Reds didn't sign him full time.. How that investment has paid off!

Err, that was my point. Thomson is a light version of Higgers. Quite a good Super rugby player, no more.

T

Train Without a Station

Surely TWAS another factor contrasting last week and this week's games is that v Rebels, the Rebels just collapsed in 2H, their defence fell apart, they lost all structure, they tended back to one-outs, their line speed badly slowed etc.

Whilst tonight, the Sharks made no great improvements in 2H, but they held their ground adequately and stayed fully in the game. So the 2H this week was, comparatively, a far tougher and more unsettling 40 mins for the Reds. And the better opposition (vs last week's) in that period ultimately told on the scoreboard.

I think that's a little unfair though. It's easy to say when one team plays well, the others played bad. Part of playing bad is being given no opportunity to play well.

Anyway, my point is that McIntyre tonight was not really any better at 10 than Frisby has been despite what many thought. That's because one sole position isn't the issue.

The entire team is poorly coached without any real attacking plan. That's the real issue.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
28bgnr7.jpg

Adam Thompson: $10 says you screw up Second half.

James O'Connor: You still owe me for my last screw ups.

Will Genia: Chill. Double or nothing.

Attachments

• JOC (James O'Connor) vs thomson.jpg
    JOC (James O'Connor) vs thomson.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 725
Status
Not open for further replies.