• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Canberra Vikings - Offical NRC Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Results from the awards night:

Players’ Player: Jarrad Butler
Best Back: Robbie Coleman
Best Forward: Jordan Smiler
Team Man: Rowan Perry

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thankfully not another gold jersey........

The Vikings have been allocated red and white colours by the ARU for at least the first two seasons.

Surprised to read that Vikings were the only team to turn a profit.........

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Weekend article Canberra Times/SMH that 35 train on squad chosen. Had 18 Tugg Vikings.
I was wondering if this 35 was without contracted Brumby players.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Weekend article Canberra Times/SMH that 35 train on squad chosen. Had 18 Tugg Vikings.
I was wondering if this 35 was without contracted Brumby players.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Here's the preliminary squad:

The UC Vikings took further steps towards the season in also naming a provisional training squad of 39 players, which will be cut to 19 once Super Rugby and Wallabies players have been allocated.

Squad training begins for the UC Vikings on May 20, with the final squad to be announced on August 4.

UC Vikings Clubs Training squad: Andrew Barrell, Andrew Robinson, Connal McInerney, Cuan Hablutzel, Dan Penca, Darcy Eason, Dave McKern, Dean Oakman-Hunt, Ernest Suavai, Gareth Clouston, Harry Burrey, Harry Lloyd, Isaac Thompson, Jake Rakic, Jerome Niumata, Joe Powell, Jordan Jackson-Hope, JP Pretorious, Keith Morgan, Michael Henry, Michael Oakman-Hunt, Michael Smith, Mitch Douch, Montanna O'Neill, Neori Nadruku, OJ Noa, Pedro Rolando, Phil Kite, Ray Dobson, Rob Buaserau, Rowan Perry, Rutikha Ilolahia, Senio Teleofoa, Sione Taula, Steve Sione, Tim Cornforth, Tim Cree, Toby Wilson, Tyrell Lomax.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Rutikha Ilolahia. Is he the player described elsewhere as the new Fotu Auelua? Big call if so, but did look good against Easts a few weeks ago.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Obviously from what little I know, that's a decent squad, but christ, alphabetically by first name is the worst way to sort players.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Just for you @Highlander35, the squad in surname sequence:

Andrew BARRELL
Rob BUASERAU
Harry BURREY
Gareth CLOUSTON
Tim CORNFORTH
Tim CREE
Ray DOBSON
Mitch DOUCH
Darcy EASON
Cuan HABLUTZEL
Michael HENRY
Rutikha ILOLAHIA
Jordan JACKSON-HOPE
Phil KITE
Harry LLOYD
Tyrell LOMAX
Connal McINERNEY
Dave McKERN
Keith MORGAN
Neori NADRUKU
Jerome NIUMATA
OJ NOA
Montanna O'NEILL
Dean OAKMAN-HUNT
Michael OAKMAN-HUNT
Dan PENCA
Rowan PERRY
Joe POWELL
JP PRETORIOUS
Jake RAKIC
Andrew ROBINSON
Pedro ROLANDO
Steve SIONE
Michael SMITH
Ernest SUAVAI
Sione TAULA
Senio TELEOFOA
Isaac THOMPSON
Toby WILSON

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So Chris Coyle the american isn't getting a crack for the Vikings ? I would have thought they would fast track him ?

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
I see Darcy Eason! How's he been performing over there in Canberra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Does anyone know more about Cuan Hablutzel - all I know South African hooker and fairly young.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hi all,

last year GAGR covered the NRC better than any other media unit out there. We had the support of a great bunch of supporters who stuck their hand up and either wrote reviews or previews or took photos.

If you are keen to stick your hand up to help out this year, please send me a direct message and let me know (including team and which discipline).

We make it easy with you in terms of templates for match reviews and previews.

Media accreditation through the ARU will also be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.