• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Genia tried his guts out and his form is ok the main problem is his decision making is terrible but I would blame the coaching and lack of team direction for that. The halfback spots for the RWC (especially with Giteau) will be very interesting. I think halfback and hooker are the most contentious spots apart from the two certainties (Moore and Phipps).

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Genia tried his guts out and his form is ok the main problem is his decision making is terrible but I would blame the coaching and lack of team direction for that. The halfback spots for the RWC (especially with Giteau) will be very interesting. I think halfback and hooker are the most contentious spots apart from the two certainties (Moore and Phipps).
Genia might have tried, but he was pretty average - very lateral, a mystery to any support players as to what he was about to do. Kicking was fairly ineffective too. Compared to Genia 2011, he phoned it in. I'm afraid.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)

He also showed a lack of commitment on a couple of occasions when he stood there and watched a Sharks player pinch the ball. Rather than dive on it to secure it he appealed to the ref for an offside by throwing his arms in the air. Play the ball not the ref.

Reactions: gel

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I thought Kerevi, Liam Gill and Hanson all put their hands up.
Imagine a midfield of Kerevi and TK.

Then all we need is QC (Quade Cooper) in some sort of form to put them in holes. Foley could do the same.
Simmons looked pretty good too. Interesting that he was handed the captaincy when Slipper left the field.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
I thought Kerevi, Liam Gill and Hanson all put their hands up.
Imagine a midfield of Kerevi and TK.

Then all we need is QC (Quade Cooper) in some sort of form to put them in holes. Foley could do the same.
Simmons looked pretty good too. Interesting that he was handed the captaincy when Slipper left the field.

I can imagine it'd be an issue if you ever wanted to put the ball wide. I'd still love to see that two-man wrecking ball though. You'd seriously wear down some teams in the middle and would be a decent way of muscling up on a Ma'a Nonu-type for example.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I can imagine it'd be an issue if you ever wanted to put the ball wide. I'd still love to see that two-man wrecking ball though. You'd seriously wear down some teams in the middle and would be a decent way of muscling up on a Ma'a Nonu-type for example.

We're going to need to win the midfield if we want to go wide on Wales or England anyway.

Wales run their defense outside-in and almost always have a shooter in the 13-15 channel to try and cut off any wide play on early phases, shepherding the ball towards the midfield. It lets them cover up the lack of pace in their backline and make the most out of their uber-high work rate 6/7/8.

England will just jockey out and attempt to flood rucks (especially if we're running the Cheikaball pattern) or push the runners towards touch and try to shut us down at the lineouts, which is a very real possibility depending on which orcs they pull out of Mordor. With their current locking stocks they could throw Lawes on the blindside and really put us under pressure at every LO - and if they get away with the farcical bullshit they've been pulling at the scrum for the past few seasons, it could get really ugly.

To'omua is still probably our best option at 12 either way, if he can manage to stay healthy. Kerevi's defensive reads would be a major concern at 12 or 13 but it's not like TK has never been pantsed at test level either.

Having QC (Quade Cooper) healthy and in-form would definitely make the bash brothers center pairing more viable on attack. I don't think there's anyone else with the speed/flatness/length of pass to consistently skip out the centers and involve the back-three without constantly risking an intercept. He works especially well with big runners coming off either shoulder as well.

T

TOCC

In the longer term Kerevi will be a wallaby, but the RWC is too soon.. He is only in his second season of professional rugby playing in a position which takes years to master. He needs a bit more experience and development on his all-round game. His time in Wallaby colours will be 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
He also showed a lack of commitment on a couple of occasions when he stood there and watched a Sharks player pinch the ball. Rather than dive on it to secure it he appealed to the ref for an offside by throwing his arms in the air. Play the ball not the ref.

Has always been a fault of Will's. Leopards and spots etc.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If two of them did make it I would hope it's Quade and JOC (James O'Connor)............

I know Cheika has a soft spot for Beale, but I don't see how he could make the cut with his form this year..........

He currently leads the competition for both handling errors and turnovers...............

T

TOCC

I know many are criticising JOC (James O'Connor) for his efforts, and I too have labelled his form as poor this year... But I still believe that he will be involved in the Wallaby squad this year, the form of many Australian wingers has been uninspiring in 2015 so I think the outside back positions are still up for anyone and will probably come down to TRC form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
That's photo trickery!

The Tahs list Hooper as 182cm and 101kg, the Brumbies have Pocock 187cm and 115kg.

THAT'S 14KG HEAVIER!. And of coarse that's 14kg of pure muscle because Pocock is a beast :)

There is not a chance in hell that The Cock is more than 180cm, having stood next to him and had a chat early this year.

Absolutely no way. He would certainly be 105kg, but not much more than that.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Horwill should not go. No impact in anything around the park but still ok at set piece.

Simmons, Skelton, Carter. No idea who the 4th lock should be. Few promising players may need a run in the TRC or back one and give them the season.

Or go with 3 locks and have Fardy as the reserve? Risky but would free up a spot for Gill:)

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
That been a Genia fault even when he's been good. Halfbacks should yap not flap.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Kuridrani's a pretty deft wide distributor these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.