• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Crusaders, round 15, Saturday 23 May @ Homebush

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep, never got capped but played NSW/Waratah A. I think he considers Australia his home so maybe he's looking to come back but he's a QLDer I think too.

He is Fijian capped already.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Seems to be a few disgruntled donkeys s..t sorry brumbies around tonight. Pity the supporters don't share their players class. Hope the said crusaders don't read this and de-limp themselves against the ponies in a couple of weeks.

A few would mean more than one..........

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Wait...the saders didnt make the playoffs? Since 2001?. This feels weird....
uploadfromtaptalk1432384557115.jpg

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
So now we wait on the lottery that is the citing/judicial system. I would expect Latu will get a week for the punch and at least another possible two for the lifting.

Skelton's effort in the Whitelock incident may or may not be punished as the player lifting the legs is the one who contributes to the "lift". The slam on McCaw should be overlooked as this is a standard Crusaders/ABs ploy to block anybody challenging the kicker and McCaw was bumped solidly but was not tackled. Third Skelton incident was a tackle. Player hadn't hit the ground yet from my viewing nd he bound with the hands and followed through with the shoulder, what's the problem.

Love the whinging and whining of Reid and McCaw. Every single time that the Crusaders are penalised either Reid or McCaw comes in bleating, then walks away eyeballing ref shaking head in the "how dare you penalise us." Made me laugh when the yellow was brought out.

On the game I was happy to see the fast and rugged defence of the Tahs from last year finally make an appearance. The handling is still a big problem but was better this week. I understand the structure that Chieka is playing with Beale at 12 but he is back to his long term trend in form, very average with lots of turnovers and woeful tackling. I have nightmares about him playing 12 for the Wallabies, or actually even being in the 23.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Seems to be a few disgruntled donkeys s..t sorry brumbies around tonight. Pity the supporters don't share their players class. Hope the said crusaders don't read this and de-limp themselves against the ponies in a couple of weeks.

Class? That's rich coming from a tahs fans. A team who have no sense of sportsmanship and play the game in a very dirty fashion.

Didn't he start
didn't he start with us?
you only been a fan since they started winning?

Tahs where fantastic putting pressure on the saders without the ball. All their breaks came from quick turn overs. However with the ball they, like the saders, where very ordinary. A limp performance is one that doesn't convince. That didn't. If the saders had put in half a decent performance the tahs wouldn't have stood a chance.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's a red for two yellows, not a red card offence. You can only be suspended for actions which were deemed red card worthy.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
People can bitch all they want about the ref, but the Crusaders didn't score a single point when Tolu Latu was sin binned. They conceded 10. That's not good enough if you want to win a game of Super Rugby

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Class? That's rich coming from a tahs fans. A team who have no sense of sportsmanship and play the game in a very dirty fashion.

you only been a fan since they started winning?

Tahs where fantastic putting pressure on the saders without the ball. All their breaks came from quick turn overs. However with the ball they, like the saders, where very ordinary. A limp performance is one that doesn't convince. That didn't. If the saders had put in half a decent performance the tahs wouldn't have stood a chance.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So - Nadolo or Naiyo?

Qwerty, do your worst.

Geez I dunno? It was a tough one, both made defensive errors leading to each other scoring but after their tries didn't do much in attack at all. Nadolo slipped off a couple tackles after that but Taqele knocked it on a few times but I thought his rushing up defence was decent. What are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.