• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

He's just geeing us Reg. Highlander actually reckons Beau is better than Fugistaller, Fainga'a, Reid and McMahon.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Not sure how edifying it is to start labelling a bunch of guys who have played for their country as "shit". I'd stop.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I'm constantly surprised at how many people believe the stuff I type. The Beau comments were 99.9% in jest. Carraro are a little more serious, but more along the lines of being a significant downgrade on AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

T

TOCC

I'm constantly surprised at how many people believe the stuff I type. The Beau comments were 99.9% in jest. Carraro are a little more serious, but more along the lines of being a significant downgrade on AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

Isn't it amazing that the written word doesn't easily convey jest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Isn't it amazing that the written word doesn't easily convey jest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got it... I just tend to think GnGR folk are sensitive (about there teams players.. P.S leave Mogg the F alone).... probably explains why Im on my last warning.. also Alcohol explains that ;)

Tex

John Thornett (49)
I reckon any jokes about the Reds' squad are probably going to be met with a bit of touchiness in the next few months.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Jaysus that try we gave away in the 41st minute was a shocker. And not to mention Pat's attempted quick throw straight to Schalk on the 5m line.

Too loose and zany last night. We broke/bent their line at will when we built phases but seemed intent on trying for the hail mary plays too often. Ball security was also rubbish, particularly on attack.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Didn't think any individual could be singled out for a poor performance overnight. There were just a few things team wise that were an issue.

1. Defensively we miss Ellison, I know I say it a lot, but there's so much in positioning and alignment he brings.
2. We were beaten by a better scrum, although we weren't demolished, they were very much on top through most of the match, gave them a good platform and us a poor one.
3. The 8 points conceded either side of half time turned a one score deficit into a 3 scrore deficit in about a 5 minute period.
4. Tried to throw the ball around a little too much, when straightforward running and passing was working well enough to get us over the advantage line.

All in all, the game was a good one. Most players performed well enough individually, the ref was excellent, other than perhaps letting Burger get away with too much, and we physically exhausted a very good side coming off a bye. We were just the 2nd best team on the day, and there isn't any shame in thay.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Yep I'd agree with that. It was entertaining to watch, despite the hellish kick-off time.

And for what it's worth, while Little Ranga probably deserved a penalty for his boot work on Burger, the prick was blatantly flopping about offside and in years past would have been scarred for life by a troop of size 15 boots.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i still think astute leadership is lacking at times. at the end the helter-skelter tap and goes got us nowhere, its been the same a few times now, no cool head. who was Captain at that stage, all the leadership group were off the field.

the less said about the half time debacle the better, arguably the worst piece of football i have seen from a professional, semi professional or amateur team. they should sit the leadership group and jackD and leafa infant of the video screen with that on continuous loop for about and hour.

Jimmy C

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have to say it wasn't the worst game we've played (minus the Leafa show at half time).
Saying that I found a solution for those blues....watch JOCs killer kick from Friday night on repeat!:confused:

On a much brighter note.....do we have a Rebels 2016 page up yet?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
i still think astute leadership is lacking at times. at the end the helter-skelter tap and goes got us nowhere, its been the same a few times now, no cool head. who was Captain at that stage, all the leadership group were off the field.

the less said about the half time debacle the better, arguably the worst piece of football i have seen from a professional, semi professional or amateur team. they should sit the leadership group and jackD and leafa infant of the video screen with that on continuous loop for about and hour.

I think the forwards need to sit in a room with Zane Hilton and the replay of THAT scrum on repeat for an entire day. They would feel gutted after that and they never wan a repeat of that.

Those two indiscretions aside there was some brainfart moments in the backs too, especially a number of passes that were never on. Tom's pass directly the opposition set up the first try.

Like I said in the review, the turned up for a physical one and they did give it a go. But, they really missed Tamati in setting the backline D and they jsut needed to ahve cooler heads out there. The Shorks are our best chance of a win over there and I think they can step up for next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.