• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
They're* did you mean? but we'll see Nectar. We can't all agree, only time will tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey hey George, enough with the grammar nonsense, we are here for one thing and one thing only, Rugby. But yes, only time will tell. Will you be at the game this saturday?

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Well here's the thing, they call themselves defending GPS Premiers, and i think they have to live up to that title. Regardless of who played where on Saturday, the fact that they even played one 1st XV player from the team last year in the 2nds is a pretty weird thing to do, I mean, okay it is trials, but you don't change a winning team, so why wouldn't they use the returning players from last year as a scaffold for this years team? Anyway, regardless of that, to go out and lose to Kings, in not even a close game either, further cements my argument of why Scots aren't favourites for this saturday. You look at Newington, a team that was pretty hopeless when this years year 12's were in the 16A's, now siding a dominant team, which gave Riverview a second half belting, its hard not to say that Newington can't be nudging in front as favourites.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth. I'll be watching the game this saturday, and I'm almost always correct in who to tip for the Scots vs New away game. It will be interesting nonetheless, and I guess its safe to say that this saturday is lining up to be a cracker.

It will be an interesting game, Scots obviously rusty against what seems a good Kings outfit this yr, and have lost a lot of bite now Crichton has left ;). Newington return to the scene of their 101-0 slaughter last yr. They have played quite a few trial games now, but haven't won them all, losing to Oakhill 2 wks ago. Scots by under 100.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Scots still lead the survey at the top of the page, Joeys next and there seems to have been a rush of votes for Newington in the past few days. Surprisingly few votes for Kings. I'm a bit concerned about the 3 votes for other - do they know something that we don't? Or are they supporters of the Bye? (now relegated to the 3rds with Grammar & High).:)

S

skev yd

Joeys looking to be a formidable side, forward pack looking very strong and cohesion in the back line was looking better than it did at the oakhill game, signs of better things to come. Good season ahead.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It will be interesting to see if Scots maintain the successful style of play that they have implemented over the past 2 seasons, or will the new coach put his stamp on things?

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Scots still lead the survey at the top of the page, Joeys next and there seems to have been a rush of votes for Newington in the past few days. Surprisingly few votes for Kings. I'm a bit concerned about the 3 votes for other - do they know something that we don't? Or are they supporters of the Bye? (now relegated to the 3rds with Grammar & High).:)

To be fair QH....a good number of the votes were cast in the months after the end of last season and while the number of votes has increased the percentages haven't varied that much since. On that basis I'd suggest that it's not so much a vote based on knowledge of a team's form or capacity but rather a simple vote about which school people support. Joeys and Scots have been perennial favourites so no real surprises with the voting.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It will be interesting to see if Scots maintain the successful style of play that they have implemented over the past 2 seasons, or will the new coach put his stamp on things?

I think that must be their intention with England at 10 as he is really a 12, IMO. Backrower (Smith?) going to half on phase play, Strang at first receiver and England becomes the true 12.
Crichton was a pretty important cog in that machine but England is there or thereabouts.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
They tried something like that on the weekend with 11 prindiville joining the scrum with Smith 6 in the back line ........ Lost the tight head and New went down the empty blind side and scored .......... They are not playing well enough as a team for this razzle dazzle stuff ..... Look for the opposing player with the same number as you boys and stand in front of him

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
It's only early days and what i think will be a very interesting season with each match up for grabs. Interestingly I believe that we may find out just how important Chrichton's physical dominance in the mid field was to the success of the Scots pattern. A lot was generated from there/ him. If you cant replicate that dominance, and sides are now more attuned to defending that pattern, it just may not be as successful. having said that Scots are stacked with quality players and I'm sure they will do very well.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)

What was the reason for the former coach exiting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
From 19 August 2014 on this thread....

Truly believe it will be a much closer comp in first XV in 2015...with year 12's leaving, U16a's moving up, year 11 2nd 15's stepping up, etc etc....its a little too early to tell without seeing the potential player rosters.

It's however well within the realms of possibilities the powerhouses of this years First XV comp will not fare as well as they have this year..subject of course to an entire village of irregularities being drafted in.;)

Stay tuned for the next 10 exciting installments to see if Azzuri's prescient powers are on the money.:cool:

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
+looking at 3rds trials it seems that Shore, High and Newington may be in for long seasons while Joeys and Grammar should be near the top. Tas and Riverview will be in the middle of the field. Where are Scots and Kings placed?

Status
Not open for further replies.