• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Knowing you (on GaGR) Scrubber, I am confident that your comments are fairly innocent in terms of intent but can I suggest that you're probably flying a bit close to the sun, as you could be taken a few different ways. Whilst you may not mean any offence, that is by no means a guarantee that you won't offend.

On second thoughts, it's probably best if we just go back to talking Rugby. :)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Knowing you (on GaGR) Scrubber, I am confident that your comments are fairly innocent in terms of intent but can I suggest that you're probably flying a bit close to the sun, as you could be taken a few different ways. Whilst you may not mean any offence, that is by no means a guarantee that you won't offend.

On second thoughts, it's probably best if we just go back to talking Rugby. :)
:):)

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Happy with the big win yesterday but now the Reds are tasked with managing something they haven't done all year in beating a top 6 side.
Seriously hope they put together a great 80 minutes on Saturday against the Chiefs to send Horwill, Genia and maybe Quade away from Suncorp as winners for 1 last time.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Chiefs are riddled with injuries, so Reds have a decent chance. Depends what Reds show up.

T

TOCC

I just hope Karmichael is fit, i dont want to see CFS shuffled off the wing to the centres again.. If Karmichael is injured then Tapuai to start at outside centre.

B

Bobby Sands

I just hope Karmichael is fit, i dont want to see CFS shuffled off the wing to the centres again.. If Karmichael is injured then Tapuai to start at outside centre.

Would much prefer Taps @ 12, and Samu @ 13 even with his defensive frailties.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
As much as I am a fan of Taps at 12, Kerevi is the future and needs to be persisted with there. Taps and Hunt are pretty similar and Taps could be effective if used in a similar way. He and Cooper running support for Kerevi is dangerous. Would like to see some better lines out him, he has been guilty of trying to beat players outside when at 13 and he just isn't fast enough.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Would much prefer Taps @ 12, and Samu @ 13 even with his defensive frailties.

Yep, one thing Knuckles has said is players will stop being shuffled around. CFS will stay on the wing, and Samu will stay at 12. Taps will be the likely 13 if Special K is out.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
So what a waste of time Tui has proved for us. Talk about receiving damaged goods in the first instance.

This is my issue with players going from comp to comp without a rest. JOC (James O'Connor) and Thomson were damaged when they first got to the Reds as well.

Another "in hindsight" problem. We have a lot of those this year.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
That's maybe not too relevant for Tui though - he fills the Japanese national space in the squad, either you sign someone who'll be busy as late as march, or you don't fill the space in the squad.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
This is my issue with players going from comp to comp without a rest. JOC (James O'Connor) and Thomson were damaged when they first got to the Reds as well.

Another "in hindsight" problem. We have a lot of those this year.

Not totally. KH's increasing injury proneness was well known at the Suns. There are already pieces emerging in today's media suggesting he's incurred another injury in Perth and may not be fit for the Chiefs match.

(To which I'd add that I'm yet to see anything in his play to date that even vaguely suggests that he's a player of, for example, the Folau or Tuqiri calibre which he'll need to be to justify his price tag in absolute terms and relatively within the salary cap. Those two aforementioned players showed their enormous potential within their first rugby season.)

T

Train Without a Station

That's maybe not too relevant for Tui though - he fills the Japanese national space in the squad, either you sign someone who'll be busy as late as march, or you don't fill the space in the squad.

Exactly. Not a huge loss. Basically enabled the Reds to add the type of player that could help a lot without using a roster spot.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Anyone can break their leg.

Which he did around Round 2 of Super Rugby. So, he had shit luck which is unfortunate for him. But, it once again is another chalk against the recruitment of him in the first place. Another "high profile" player we wasted time and money on who wasn't going to be ready for the start of the season (regardless of whether he was fit).

Unless he was on an appearance based contract, we've wasted cash which could have been used for someone to actually make a difference this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.