• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Marv

Frank Row (1)
Don't start the party without me! Scots v Newington is bound to be an exciting game. Scots, it would seem, have exercised the proverbial cobwebs which dogged them against Kings. It's early in the week, so I'll refrain from a prediction until the lineups are released, but at this point I'd have to agree with the Crichton analysis. Scots don't seem to have the size presence which haunted other sides when they visited 'The Grave Yard' last year. In saying that, there's one thing Scots have been able to do in recent years, which is to adapt. Big hits and sloppy drinks (from me) will be the order for the weekend.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Let's not dwell on the departure of Marcus Blackburn, nor speculate on why he has taken up the position at Hereford School in the UK.

It could get messy, and end up in tears for someone.

Captain Cabby

Stan Wickham (3)
Tips Reviewed:

Scots vs Kings 18-35: The first shock of the year, definitely could not see that one coming.. Maybe the kings schools highlight of the year. Scots will bounce back, but maybe a slight beacon of hope for the boys from parramatta..

Shore vs Joeys 14-45: Predicted this one right.. Shore might have yet another long year ahead of them.. Thought I could be surprised but left disappointed. Joeys look like an outfit ready to contend with the best..

Riverview vs Newington 17-31: Another prediction gone wrong.. Didn't see this one going as one way as it did.. Newington may seem like the dark horse of the year..

Table prediction to come..

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Tips Reviewed:

Scots vs Kings 18-35: The first shock of the year, definitely could not see that one coming.. Maybe the kings schools highlight of the year. Scots will bounce back, but maybe a slight beacon of hope for the boys from parramatta..

Shore vs Joeys 14-45: Predicted this one right.. Shore might have yet another long year ahead of them.. Thought I could be surprised but left disappointed. Joeys look like an outfit ready to contend with the best..

Riverview vs Newington 17-31: Another prediction gone wrong.. Didn't see this one going as one way as it did.. Newington may seem like the dark horse of the year..

Table prediction to come..

Based on your last set of predictions I predict that you will spend most of this season trapped somewhere between shock, surprise and disappointment.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Tips,

Think the real Scots will turn up. Scots by 20 +

Joeys too good for View again 20 +

Shore will score more tries than they did against Joeys. Hopefully that will be more than Kings. Kings will start favourite, but tipping very close contest.

Up and Over

Frank Nicholson (4)
Tips
New by 5 -- very close match
Joeys by 10 -- Joeys looked like they had more petrol in the tank last sat
Kings by 20 -- Kings have demonstrated they can step up to the plate ..... however, other than a bit of skill from Rixon, Shore were outclassed, lacked passion and disappointing on sat compared to most games last year. If they don't win this its going to be another dry season for the boys from northbridge.
Good luck !

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Saturday Tips
Scots by 25 - the boys will be back on Saturday.
Joeys by 15 - a tough encounter closer than a 15 point margin reflects.
Kings by 10 - on paper should be by more but Shore will rally and fight to the end.

Ladder Tips
1= Scots
1= Joeys
3 Kings
4 Riverview
5 Newington
6 Shore
A much closer competition than last year

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Good to see the predictions rolling in ........ Let's have a try at guessing up front how many games each team will win throughout the season, it seems unlikely to me that any team will go though undefeated like last year ......Thoughts ?

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
My tips for Rd 1:

1sts
Joeys - by 3
Newington - by 7
Kings- by 14

2nds
Joeys - by 14
Scots - by 7
Kings - by 14

Total games won - I'm predicting a number of teams will lose when playing away from home with the home ground advantage coming in to play:

Joeys - 8
Scots -7
Shore - 1

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
4r91m4b03
ATTEMPT no 4

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
George Grant has written a fine review of the 2015 GPS season here:

http://goo.gl/PM5HuJ

Please take the trouble to give your opinion of his ratings of the teams there in "Discussion" at the bottom of the blog not here, so it gets a bit of traffic.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.