• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Squads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
I am surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet anywhere (not that I can see anyway!) but a thread for all the RWC squads would be good. Us Poms released ours today, well the extended one anyway.

Joe Marler, Matt Mullan, Mako Vunipola, Alex Corbisiero
Tom Youngs, Dylan Hartley, Rob Webber, Luke Cowan-Dickie
Dan Cole, David Wilson, Kieran Brookes

Joe Launchbury, Courtney Lawes, George Kruis, Geoff Parling, Dave Attwood, Maro Itoje

Chris Robshaw, Tom Wood, James Haskell, Calum Clark, Sam Burgess, Matt Kvesic, Ed Slater
Ben Morgan, Billy Vunipola, Nick Easter

Ben Youngs, Danny Care, Lee Dickson, Richard Wigglesworth

George Ford, Owen Farrell, Henry Slade, Stephen Myler, Danny Cipriani

Brad Barritt, Billy Twelvetrees, Luther Burrell, Kyle Eastmond
Jonathan Joseph, Elliot Daly

Jack Nowell, Jonny May, David Strettle, Chris Ashton, Marland Yarde
Mike Brown, Anthony Watson, Alex Goode

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
France training squad

Forwards: Eddy Ben Arous (Racing), Vincent Debaty (Clermont), Uini Atonio (La Rochelle), Xavier Chiocci (Toulon), Nicolas Mas (Montpellier), Rabah Slimani (Stade Français), Guilhem Guirado (Toulon), Benjamin Kayser (Clermont), Dimitri Szarzewski (Racing), Alexandre Flanquart (Stade Français), Yoann Maestri (Toulouse), Pascal Papé (Stade Français), Sébastien Vahaamahina (Clermont), Thierry Dusautoir (Toulouse), Damien Chouly (Clermont), Bernard Le Roux (Racing), Yannick Nyanga (Toulouse), Louis Picamoles (Toulouse), Fulgence Ouedroago (Ouedroago), Loann Goujon (La Rochelle).

Backs: Rory Kockott (Castres), Morgan Parra (Clermont), Sébastien Tillous-Borde (Toulon), Rémi Tales (Castres), Frédéric Michalak (Toulon), François Trinh-Duc (Montpellier), Mathieu Bastareaud (Toulon), Wesley Fofana (Clermont), Rémi Lamerat (Castres), Gaël Fickou (Toulouse), Alexandre Dumoulin (Racing), Yoann Huget (Toulouse), Noa Nakaitaci (Clermont), Sofiane Guitoune (UBB), Brice Dulin (Racing), Scott Spedding (Bayonne).

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
France never cease to amaze and perplex me... There is some real real quality in that squad, and yet they are so inconsistent. Not sure what Tesdy Thomas has done to get dropped other than score plenty of tries for France :s

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Burgess likely to make it into the 31-man squad? At least he has versatility of playing 12 and 6 - the latter of which I've heard he's been doing very well in for Bath.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
They would be a fool to even consider him at 12, but at 6 he could easily be there on merit, not just because a lot of money was thrown at him. Bath just keep it simple for him at 6 (run off 9 or 10 and tackle people) and it works . His work rate is incredible, usually tops the carrying and tackling statistics, must be annoying for Francois louw who was usually baths top stats man!

The main issue is the lineout with a back row of him, robshaw and Morgan/vunipola. A lot of strength, carrying power and good tacklers but not the best line out people.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
They would be a fool to even consider him at 12, but at 6 he could easily be there on merit, not just because a lot of money was thrown at him. Bath just keep it simple for him at 6 (run off 9 or 10 and tackle people) and it works . His work rate is incredible, usually tops the carrying and tackling statistics, must be annoying for Francois louw who was usually baths top stats man!

The main issue is the lineout with a back row of him, robshaw and Morgan/vunipola. A lot of strength, carrying power and good tacklers but not the best line out people.

Glad to hear he's doing well - I quite like the guy. How is his ruck work?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I had a look to find out when the date for the naming of the final squad was and all I found was the the Welsh squad is out on August 31st. Is this the date all squads are required to be in?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yes. 31 August is the deadline for all squads to be named so the match against the USA will be after the squad has been named.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Samoa named a massive 58 man squad back in April for the PNC (Pacific Nations Cup), RWC and the game against the All Blacks.

Forwards: Albert Anae (Treviso), Aniseko Sio (Leicester Tigers), Anthony Perenise (Bristol), Jake Grey (Samoa A), James Johnston (Saracens), Logovii Mulipola (Leicester Tigers), Sakaria Taulafo (Stade Francais), Viliamu Afatia (Agen), Andrew Williams (Samoa A), Maatulimanu Leiataua (Aurillac), Tii Paulo (Clermont), Wayne Ole Avei (Bordeaux), Teofilo Paulo (Cardiff Blues), Maselino Paulino (Samoa A), Kane Thompson (Newcastle Falcons), Iosefa Tekori (Toulouse), Faatiga Lemalu (Sannix Blues), Daniel Leo (London Irish), Alafoti Faosiliva (Bath), Faifili Levave (Toyota), Francis Ieremia (Samoa A), Jack Lam (Bristol), Maurie Fa'asavalu (Oyonnax), Ofisa Treviranus (London Irish), Oneone Faafou (Samoa A), Peter Saili (Bordeaux), Peter Semeane (Samoa A), Taiasina Tuifua (Bordeaux), Tala James Ioane (Sale Sharks), Vavae Tuilagi (Carcassonne).

Backs: Jack Taulapapa (Wellington), Kahn Fotuali'i (Northampton), Peleifofoga Cowley (Auckland), Vavao Afemai (Samoa A), Michael Stanley (Ulster), Patrick Fa'apale (Samoa A), Tusiata Pisi (Suntory), Alapati Leiua (Wasps), Anitelea Tuilagi (Newcastle), Faialaga Afamasaga (Samoa A), Faleniu Iosi (Samoa A), George Pisi (Northampton), Johnny Leota (Sale), Reynold Lee Lo (Hurricanes), Winston Stanley (Northland), Ah See Tuala (Northampton), Alesana Tuilagi (Newcastle), Alofa Alofa (La Rochelle), David Lemi (Bristol), Ken Pisi (Northampton), Paul Perez (Natal Sharks), Sailosi Tagicakibau (Wasps), Sinoti Sinoti (Newcastle), Henry Suau'u (Samoa A), Faatoina Autagavaia (Nevers), Paul Williams (Stade Francais), Tim Nanai Williams (Chiefs), Titi Esau (Samoa A).

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Albert Anae named in the squad. Did he play any games and if so does that tie up his eligibility for test selections?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
He missed the November Internationals after being suspended for 3 weeks. Punched somebody playing for Treviso. Technically not locked into an international side yet, but he'd have to decide before the PNC (Pacific Nations Cup).

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He wants a Super Rugby contract I'm assuming. He should be aware that he can't be Aus ineligible.

T

TOCC

Does he want a super rugby contract?
I think he just wants a contract, playing well on the international stage would definitely go a long way to achieving that..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Glad to hear he's doing well - I quite like the guy. How is his ruck work?

Not too shabby, gets the odd turn over. Strong at holding people up in 'the choke tackle'.

Does sometimes just fly into rucks with his shoulders a bit, though he is doing that less each game it seems.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
God there are some good players in that list.
If only Samoa had the infrastructure and financial resources the top nations have! Their first choice 23 would match it with nearly any team. They always become my second team the world cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.