• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Does anyone have a team list for the Subbies Rep team? Allegedly they are playing Country this weekend at Drummoyne Oval.

Seagull Butler

Chris McKivat (8)
It's not about Shaka (Darren Firmin). He's a good footballer and by all accounts a great guy.

I'm just curious why he's listed as playing when he wasn't on the field.

Of course if I'm wrong the video evidence from Seagull Butler will prove that and I will apologise.

Its coming mate, ask anyone from Hunters and they'll tell you I'm notoriously late with video's (and anything else). One interview from mid-way last season took until the start of this season to go to air...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Renegades at home to Macquarie Uni this weekend. Running 4 grades (Halligan's against Lane Cove Colts after we promised not to run anything too big and brown against them) with 70-odd guys on the books this week.

Getting hard to fit them all in...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Did you ever play for them? I was playing with the Renegades from 2007-11 and took on Mac Uni about 10 times according to the records on renegades.net.au - was about even overall. Usually second grade but had a couple of cracks in 1sts off the pine.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Caught the Subbies v Country game yesterday. I thought Country would run away with after the first 20 mins. They looked like they had all the running and a bit more class. But, thankfully Subbies stuck with them and a couple of good tries got them home. Standard not as good as years gone past but still a good game. The Subbies 9 - Boyd Jones from Colleagues was best on ground for me.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Caught the Subbies v Country game yesterday. I thought Country would run away with after the first 20 mins. They looked like they had all the running and a bit more class. But, thankfully Subbies stuck with them and a couple of good tries got them home. Standard not as good as years gone past but still a good game. The Subbies 9 - Boyd Jones from Colleagues was best on ground for me.

Did you boys get washed out yesterday?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Maybe they were too busy celebrating 4 wins to bother? :)

One of the Rouse Hill Renegades celebrated his 100th game yesterday in Third Grade. Unfortunately they went down 14-13 against Mac Uni - a win would have put them in 4th.

My 2nd Grade side got up 22-7, despite a shit first half which I need to do something about, because it happened against Irish, too.

First Grade was dominated by Mac Uni in the opening exchanges, but the visitors were short on players so a lot of guys were backing up. Renegades ran over them in the last 15 to secure the bonus point win, and move into 4th place with two games in hand.

Given Beecroft hammered Convicts 81-10 I'm not expecting one of those games in hand to mean much - the 'croft smashed Convicts yesterday. But the other one against Merrylands (called before halftime due to injury) might be promising for a few points.

This weekend we've got Harlequins at our place, which will be a litmus test for where we are at this season. I'm expecting some pretty good rugby.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That blows.

Just had a thought - its a shame Beecroft didn't drop to 3rd Div so at least you guys could give them some competition :)

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
That blows.

Just had a thought - its a shame Beecroft didn't drop to 3rd Div so at least you guys could give them some competition :)

Reality is that we are a school ground and accommodating for us if fairly low on the priority list.

Hard to see Beecroft losing from here but I think the field will tighten a lot towards the backend of the season.

Cattledog

Sydney Middleton (9)
NSW Subbies Div 3 - Match of the Round - ROB's VS HAC

This weekend should be a cracker out at Richmond with UWS / Hawkesbury Ag vs Redfield OB's @ The College Oval.

Both clubs come into the weekend well placed in all grades:

1st Grade - 1st place (HAC) vs 2nd place (ROB's)
2nd Grade - 1st place (HAC) vs 2nd place (ROB's)
3rd Grade - 3rd place (ROB's) vs 4th place (HAC)
4th Grade - 2nd place (HAC) vs 5th place (ROB's)

Obviously the competition tables (and team positions) are a bit messed up with UWS / HAC having played the full 6 matches and other clubs only completing 4 or 5 but should still be a very good hit out for both clubs.

WAZZIE WAZZIE YAH!

Hazza69

Frank Row (1)
Want to commend Sydney Irish on hosting a fantastic Ladies Day last Saturday at Latham Park.

Although they didn't get the results on the field, they really know how to play & party hard!

The highlight was the lovely ladies kicking competition at half time in 1sts. It was memorable & very entertaining & proved for all time that kicking & ug boots don't mix!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So fucking get this: Rouse Hill have been docked two points they got for the draw against Irish, for "causing abandonment of match."

But at the same time, they've dumped that ref altogether because he's fucking useless.

What a crock of shit. Pushes our Firsts back to 5th place.

Apparently Irish sent in an 8-page legal declaration ;) to try and get the points. Well, Subbies took the low road, and no-one gained.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Side-bar: I'm actually coming to Rouse Hill with Harlequins this weekend, following a storming mid-season return to 3rd grade 4th division subbies rugby after a lengthy retirement in order to provide depth to the ABs in a world cup year. I'm the balding, doughy flanker if you fancy a beer.

mous

Frank Nicholson (4)
So fucking get this: Rouse Hill have been docked two points they got for the draw against Irish, for "causing abandonment of match."

But at the same time, they've dumped that ref altogether because he's fucking useless.

We had the same ref in question last year against Rockdale who called off the game 20 minutes into the match. We were awarded the points because we were 5-0 up at the time.

There was a bit of chirping in the scrums, next thing you know he is walking off the field to his car. Both coaches and teams were left stunned.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Side-bar: I'm actually coming to Rouse Hill with Harlequins this weekend, following a storming mid-season return to 3rd grade 4th division subbies rugby after a lengthy retirement in order to provide depth to the ABs in a world cup year. I'm the balding, doughy flanker if you fancy a beer.

Anthony, you dill. In a World Cup year, it is #10s that the Lords of Darkness need to get hold of at short notice. No need for any back up #7's in The Darkness. The GOAT will keep on keeping on, just like the Southern Alps.

If you are looking for a late call up to The Darkness out of premature international retirement, I'd recommend you start brushing up on your knowledge about hair products and this seasons colour trends coming from the Milan Fashion Week so you can exhibit some of the best characteristics of a #10 for the selectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.