• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hopefully White brings Nic White with him too. Tuggeranong are in need of a good half back after Mokotupu retired!

Going off the last few weeks team lists, Mokotupu has still been playing first grade with Tuggeranong while Powell is injured.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Is he really, that's news to me! The bloke must be 40 odd these days..

From the looks of things he has been playing anywhere from 3rd to 1st grade the last couple of years depending on who is in and out. He must of been playing for Vikings for what a good 12-15 years now?

Jake White for Vikings coach - that has to be a gee-up right?

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Also saw Les Makin is in the Qbn side playing hooker this weekend and no Dan Penca?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Today's results:

Vikings 29 def Queanbeyan 24
Wests 49 def Easts 14
Gungahlin 31 def Uni-Norths 3 (last score)

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Heard Qbn deserved the win yesterday over Vikings - Vikings with acouple of quick tries in the 1st half then the rest was really Qbn - also must be a confidence booster for Qbn being under-strength and Vikings being pretty much top strength and then some...

Where were Dan Penca? The big No.8 Qbn had etc?? Injured?

BlueBagger

Allen Oxlade (6)
Heard Qbn deserved the win yesterday over Vikings - Vikings with acouple of quick tries in the 1st half then the rest was really Qbn - also must be a confidence booster for Qbn being under-strength and Vikings being pretty much top strength and then some.

Heard the number 8 OJ is out for the year with a broken arm. Penca is also injured but can't comment on the injury.
Did anyone see Tuggeranong's very un-classy tweet following the win? Very unprofessional from what is usually a very professional set up.

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
Heard the number 8 OJ is out for the year with a broken arm. Penca is also injured but can't comment on the injury.
Did anyone see Tuggeranong's very un-classy tweet following the win? Very unprofessional from what is usually a very professional set up.
I'm assuming you saw my reply to that tweet, I can probably cut whoever runs their twitter account a little slack, obviously a high tension game where our supporters were giving their players a fair bit of stick, which is pretty standard, so the emotion of it probably lead to the tweet. Although there is a bit of form of questionable tweeting from their page when playing us. The class from the Uni-Norths page wishing Tuggeranong a good night for their Polynesian night last week was pretty classy and sets a pretty good standard in my opinion.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
I'm assuming you saw my reply to that tweet, I can probably cut whoever runs their twitter account a little slack, obviously a high tension game where our supporters were giving their players a fair bit of stick, which is pretty standard, so the emotion of it probably lead to the tweet. Although there is a bit of form of questionable tweeting from their page when playing us. The class from the Uni-Norths page wishing Tuggeranong a good night for their Polynesian night last week was pretty classy and sets a pretty good standard in my opinion.

how was the game itself grant? whites unlucky?

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
how was the game itself grant? whites unlucky?
It was a very brutal game, we have a few more injuries in the forwards which doesn't help. You could say we were unlucky but def had our chances in the dying moments to pinch the game, but I think letting in two soft tries early to give them a 12-0 lead is what cost the game. It's good to see some competition in the top grade this year with us and Wests really challenging tuggeranong and royals are starting to find some form, I think it's the most open competition in 5 years which is a great thing. One another note the depth tuggeranong have is ridiculous, you know you have money to burn when you recruit a second rower who is In the NRC squad who is playing second grade. And who are these Japanese blokes that are playing third grade? Surely it would be better for the comp to see these players scattered through to other clubs who are struggling?

BlueBagger

Allen Oxlade (6)

Yeah I have been on the wrong end of your ground numerous times. Definitely pushing the boundaries on a few occasions. I've had players parents leave the ground because of some abuse their son has been given. I'm all for home ground advantage but perhaps someone from your end needs to intervene and have a chat with the regulars at the top of the white house? I'm sure old boys day wouldn't of helped much.
However i still don't agree for a clubs professional twitter account be used for a spiteful response. Not a good message for younger players about sportsmanship. Completely agree with Uni-norths class the previous week. How it should be.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
Yeah I have been on the wrong end of your ground numerous times. Definitely pushing the boundaries on a few occasions. I've had players parents leave the ground because of some abuse their son has been given. I'm all for home ground advantage but perhaps someone from your end needs to intervene and have a chat with the regulars at the top of the white house? I'm sure old boys day wouldn't of helped much.
However i still don't agree for a clubs professional twitter account be used for a spiteful response. Not a good message for younger players about sportsmanship. Completely agree with Uni-norths class the previous week. How it should be.

campese has best atmosphere in the comp when the balcony is full. the players must love it. if the supporters are offended they shouldnt stand underneath the balcony - simple enough.

BlueBagger

Allen Oxlade (6)
campese has best atmosphere in the comp when the balcony is full. the players must love it. if the supporters are offended they shouldnt stand underneath the balcony - simple enough.

I think that is a very ignorant view.
There is always a line that should be drawn. I'm aware they like to make it a hostile environment but parents should be able to come and watch their son play without having to deal with swearing, derogatory comments and casual racism. Definitely cross the line sometimes. I'm sure other clubs are guilty as well. Royals have made a conscious effort to educate their players and supporters on appropriate conduct and have had no troubles in the past year or 2.

Uncle Joe

Herbert Moran (7)

I take my 9 year old and my 3 year old to JID games. If you want to act like a goose go to a queanbeyan blues or a roos game. this has no place in this sport. you can have atmosphere and rivalry without obscenity.

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
I think that is a very ignorant view.
There is always a line that should be drawn. I'm aware they like to make it a hostile environment but parents should be able to come and watch their son play without having to deal with swearing, derogatory comments and casual racism. Definitely cross the line sometimes. I'm sure other clubs are guilty as well. Royals have made a conscious effort to educate their players and supporters on appropriate conduct and have had no troubles in the past year or 2.
Totally agree, we have made efforts in recent times as there have been incidents that do go over that line, unfortunately most of these are not from our players who get reminded of the standards all the time and particularly heading into the weekends game, but from the 'bandwagon supporters'. Not sure if racist ones come from our supporters but i genrally stay away from the balcony. I was a little worried if we were over the weight limit of that balcony on Saturday, there was a lot of noise coming from it but i am not sure if any of it was out of line. There was definitely a bit of baiting of Tuggies players which to my surprise they respond to a lot, in my opinion that's fair game as long at that line isn't crossed. Would be nice to see this kind of support from other clubs, the passion we have for our club is something we are proud of and i think it is a good thing to get healthy rivalry between clubs, the more passionate the supporters are and the better atmosphere there are at games the more likely people are going to turn up to watch.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
I generally agree that the support QBN gets from that balcony is a good thing for them and the atmosphere at games. What really does grind my gears though is the cheering and yahooing when an opposing player is down injured, I think that's terrible and not in the spirit of Rugby at all.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Heard Qbn deserved the win yesterday over Vikings - Vikings with acouple of quick tries in the 1st half then the rest was really Qbn - also must be a confidence booster for Qbn being under-strength and Vikings being pretty much top strength and then some.

QBN definitely missed someone like Penca who I'm sure would have loved to be playing and would have lifted all Whites players. OJ would have got them good front foot ball too. Tuggeranong though also had 4-5 regular starters out.

With both these sides having cattle to come back, and Royals hitting form and reportedly having two new recruits about to arrive for the remainder of the season, it should be a cracking finals series!

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
I generally agree that the support QBN gets from that balcony is a good thing for them and the atmosphere at games. What really does grind my gears though is the cheering and yahooing when an opposing player is down injured, I think that's terrible and not in the spirit of Rugby at all.
I'm not sure if you are referring to any specific incidents, but there were two on the weekend, one in first grade and one in seconds where tuggeranong players were absolutely flattened, there was a lot of cheering when these happened because of the shots put on by our players. But when they were helped from the field they were clapped off by everyone including from those on the balcony!

turnoverbeersir

Frank Row (1)
I'm not sure if you are referring to any specific incidents, but there were two on the weekend, one in first grade and one in seconds where tuggeranong players were absolutely flattened, there was a lot of cheering when these happened because of the shots put on by our players. But when they were helped from the field they were clapped off by everyone including from those on the balcony!

As we had the bye at Royals I went to Campsese and watched the game. Yes that was the case in the 2nd grade instance which was fine and good sportsmanship. But in first grade the 'nah nah nah nah goodbye' song went up and was roaring from the balcony as a player was leaving the field for Vikings after being knocked out.

Who are the recruits Royals are supposedly getting? I haven't heard anything.

BlueBagger

Allen Oxlade (6)

I have heard from numerous accounts that the first grade incident was indeed in poor taste. I'm all for celebrating a bit (legal) shot but when a player is rendered unconscious there is a line. An incident happened against easts last year when one of our players was knocked out and having a fit while one of the easts players stood over and taunted him. Not behaviour we should condone. Another incident against Queanbeyan this year when a player was carried off with a serious leg injury and was met with chants of "homo" and "pussy". I understand these are isolated incidents and most likely not from current players but still not a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.