• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Country - official NRC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Fattal had breakout year for Easts this year making his Premier Grade debut after joining Easts out of TSS a few years back. He is still very young (only 20 I think), so he will be better in 2015 for his NRC/QPR exposure in 2014. He has a great mentor in Blake Enever who is also young about 22.

I just hope that Bond doesn't try to steal him.

TT no doubt Hedger will be trying to woo him back to the Coast and rumours are that TSS coaching staff will have more involvement down at Bond over the coming months and that may sway Sam to stay closer to home. Apparently Tiny Nowlan almost had him at Bond this year.

T

Tigers Tale

Look realistically it's a tough commute if Sam decides to play for Bond you wouldn't blame him but I think Richards & Sampson will do everything they can to have him play at the Den next year.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
good to see the reds new recruit Duncan (surname I cant remember) getting a run of the bench for country.

The game against the rising will be a huge test for the boys.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
NSW Country were fairly consistent over the season and did well.

But I think Qld Country, after a slow start, improved more than average over the season.

Looking at the margins against the benchmark side, the Rising:

QldC -20​

- they compare well enough in the mix with the teams finishing 2nd to 4th:

NSWC -21​
Brisbane -61​
Perth -20​

And, jersey-wise, it looks like they went with blue on blue in the last: :)

https://m.AK (Andrew Kellaway).fbcdn.net/sphotos-d.AK (Andrew Kellaway)/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10450841_350979348360264_7454386867950028884_n.jpg?oh=880bd6431e61e429325c7d834feed3f9&oe=54F6878C&__gda__=1421908788_97aeeb56f6471ac6fd15b0048e1cd4ec

T

TOCC

Jason Gilmore(Reds U20 coach) appointed as head coach of QLD Country for 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A bit more info on Gilmore for those unaware of him:

Gilmore, originally from the Gold Coast, is in his first year as head coach of the Reds Under-20s, which last month saw 10 players named in the Australian Under-20s squad for the World Rugby U20 Trophy. His previous experience includes head coach of the Queensland Under-19s side which won the Trans-Tasman Trophy in 2007, assistant coach of the Souths Premier Grade side which were finalists in 2009 and assistant coach of the Australian Under-20s in 2010. Prior to joining the Reds, Gilmore steered Anglican Church Grammar School to an undefeated GPS title in 2014.

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
And has done great things for Toowoomba Grammar during his time there, produced Jonah Placid, and definitely brought them into the better light of GPS schoolboy footy during those years

Great appointment by QLD Country imo!

LRB

Stan Wickham (3)
Good result for QLD Country he is great coach and it is good to see a GPS rugby coach getting further opportunities.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Now the Reds Super Rugby Campaign is over, ditto for the out of contract/between contract Force and Rebels*, any word on the where the non-Wallaby Professional players will be for NRC: Brisbane or Qld Country?

Will they transition into QPR Club footy until finals, or go straight into NRC mode?

Cadeyrn Neville would be looking good to be playing NRC for one of the QLD squads.

* I would expect Non-Wallaby Rebels, and Force players with ongoing contracts who are Queenslanders to be contractually obliged to play for the Rising and Spirit rather than come "home".

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Can QRU put the current 2016 preparations (finalising the roster, reorganising the HPU and appointing a Head Coach after a world wide search) aside and manage to name the squads for NRC 2015.

With Premier Rugby winding up soon and Reds 2015 finished a while ago, the preparation of the two Qld NRC squads may get a jump on their NSW and ACT opponents.

How is the Roster looking?

T

TOCC

Ticket prices for QLD Country

Adult Online/Gate: $15/$20
Concession Online/Gate $10/$15
Kids: $5
Rookies2Reds Family Pass:$40

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hi all,

last year GAGR covered the NRC better than any other media unit out there. We had the support of a great bunch of supporters who stuck their hand up and either wrote reviews or previews or took photos.

If you are keen to stick your hand up to help out this year, please send me a direct message and let me know (including team and which discipline).

We make it easy with you in terms of templates for match reviews and previews.

Media accreditation through the ARU will also be available.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
James O'Connor will be aligned to country as well as Greene which could see the QLD Country back line look similar to;

15 O'Connor
14. Taulagi
13. Magnay
12. A. Fainga'a
11. F'Sautia
10. Greene
9. Gale/Tuttle

Forwards are a main problem for country however S. Fainga'a will boater the front row to join his brother for the 2016 season

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2015 Buildcorp National Rugby Championship – Marquee Player Alignment:

Queensland Country
James Slipper
Rob Simmons
Saia Fainga’a

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Possible squad:

Fullbacks: JJ Taulagi, Elliot Hagen, Tom Pincus
Wings: Sam Cox, James O'Connor, Stephen Van Der Walt, Veresa Mataitini
Centres: Campbell Magney, Matt Gordon, Ant Fainga'a
Flyhalves: Sam Greene, Duncan Paia'aua, James Tuttle
Scrumhalves: Scott Gale, Tim Smith, Luke Evans
Backrow: Ben Adams, Jack de Guingand, Lolo Fakaosiliea, Ed QUirk, Connor Mitchell, James Turner, Beau Robinson, Criff Tupou
Locks: Cameron Bracewell, Kane Douglasm Izack Rodda, Sam Fattal, Rubin Fuimaona
Props: Tanela Tupou, Feao Fotuaika, Haydn Hirismaki, Kirwan Sanday
Hooker: Saia Fainga'a, Tonga Ma'afu, Alex Mafi.

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
Possible squad:

Fullbacks: JJ Taulagi, Elliot Hagen, Tom Pincus
Wings: Sam Cox, James O'Connor, Stephen Van Der Walt, Veresa Mataitini
Centres: Campbell Magney, Matt Gordon, Ant Fainga'a
Flyhalves: Sam Greene, Duncan Paia'aua, James Tuttle
Scrumhalves: Scott Gale, Tim Smith, Luke Evans
Backrow: Ben Adams, Jack de Guingand, Lolo Fakaosiliea, Ed QUirk, Connor Mitchell, James Turner, Beau Robinson, Criff Tupou
Locks: Cameron Bracewell, Kane Douglasm Izack Rodda, Sam Fattal, Rubin Fuimaona
Props: Tanela Tupou, Feao Fotuaika, Haydn Hirismaki, Kirwan Sanday
Hooker: Saia Fainga'a, Tonga Ma'afu, Alex Mafi.

Sanday out for a few months I think.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think Mitchell, Potgeiter, Cornelson , pincus ( late call up. No idea why), jj, gale , sef, Ma'afu, banks and Wakley made it from uni with Maclean jones and Moses surevi on the shadow list. May be a few more

Status
Not open for further replies.