• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Bulls - Rd 16, 29 May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I thought Sio was pretty decent in his first game back. His play around the park was very good. His scrummaging was a mixed bag, but to be expected after so much time out facing a strong scrum

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
Against a solid scrum, Sio definitely pressed on with a point to prove

Well done Brumbies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Good to see Henry hitting some form, if only we gave him the ball more. Big Joe is still playing strong as well

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A good return for Sio with some strong ball running and dominating his side of the scrum...........

I thought the Brumbies were hard done by on some of those scrum calls for not keeping the scrum stable........... while clearly guilty for some of them, the Bulls were not taking the pressure.............

And I've been a big defender of Nic White this year, but the kick at the end, and unnecessarily repeatedly slowing down the ball did my fucking head in.

Reactions: mst

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Impressed with the Brumbies that put their hand up tonight... Speight , Scott Sio , Pocock , Tomane and Fardy who I like the more I see him . Lilo needs his kicking mojo to return and back in position once To'omua gets back . A tough win , well done ...

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Impressed with the Brumbies that put their hand up tonight. Speight , Scott Sio , Pocock , Tomane and Fardy who I like the more I see him . Lilo needs his kicking mojo to return and back in position once To'omua gets back . A tough win , well done .
Lilo is in his position at 10, I think against the Lion's having To'omua at 12 was actually going well till he hurt his (other ankle). He brings the big robust defender and second play maker we need. Mark my words they should stay that way.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
You put a big hard ball runner outside Lilo and watch him shine. To'omua ain't no Pat McCabe but he hits the line hard and straight.

As I said earlier I love Robbie but his a wing or fullback

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
There goes our playoff chances.

Not that we were kidding ourselves - we never had the coaching staff to win the tournament anyway, so whether we finished 6th or 10th is highly irrelevant.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Christian really needs to practise different approaches and run up to the ball until he finds a method that keeps the ball straight. He cannot control the swing he is currently getting. either hook or slice.

He was hooking and slicing every kick??

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
You put a big hard ball runner outside Lilo and watch him shine. To'omua ain't no Pat McCabe but he hits the line hard and straight.

As I said earlier I love Robbie but his a wing or fullback

or half back.........................................

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If Moggy's out then it will be a precursor for next year. The Brumbies desperately need another No 15 and that's not Robbie. Due to his lack of size, Robbie's best spot is off the bench.

How lucky Nigel Ah Wong was on the bench as outside backs cover. When they ran out of forward replacements he simply came on and played where he had in his years in QLD.

Joe Tomane was especially strong under the high ball last night. Don't think he spilt a single one. Moggy, on the other hand, dropped at least two iirc.

Jordan Smiler was excellent again off the bench, scoring tries, disrupting mauls, hitting the ball up and in defense. He will be missed next year.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
If Moggy's out then it will be a precursor for next year. The Brumbies desperately need another No 15 and that's not Robbie. Due to his lack of size, Robbie's best spot is off the bench.

How lucky Nigel Ah Wong was on the bench as outside backs cover. When they ran out of forward replacements he simply came on and played where he had in his years in QLD.

Joe Tomane was especially strong under the high ball last night. Don't think he spilt a single one. Moggy, on the other hand, dropped at least two iirc.

Jordan Smiler was excellent again off the bench, scoring tries, disrupting mauls, hitting the ball up and in defense. He will be missed next year.
Jordan Smiler has had a cracking year.. he sacked a couple of mauls I believe scored a try and has a massive beard.. topshelf game..

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Just want to acknowledge again what a good referee van der Westhuizen is. He is in control and doesn't get flustered when silly business takes place. He seems to have a good grasp of the laws and how to administer them to the advantage of a good game. He talks with the players often and seems to engage in a bit of humourous by play with them (on both sides). I am very impressed with how he has gone this year.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
But according to the scribes and oracles, Tomane is no good under the high ball. I must have been imagining that he soared high to take 4 or 5 kicks tonight.

Tomane or Lilo?

Lilo took half a dozen high balls last night from the wing, where he was positioned as a receiver.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Sorry about Carters injury set piece always looks better with him in... hope to see him strong for the RWC...

Status
Not open for further replies.