• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks V Rebels @ Kings Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
You don't rate the beast or JDP? I don't understand why they'd rest Marcell for this match either, considering the injury crisis they face.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Going with the Rebels this week. They have been playing good rugby lately. I think they have the self belief now.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Unique situation to have the South African team dealing with jetlag and the tourists being acclimatised. Don't think it'll be a huge issue but it's a nice change.

This is a winnable game for us. Erase the fluffy errors and we should do well.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So Cam Crawford played his first game last week and I thought he was great. Why does no coach seem to rate him??

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
bullshit call, cards should have been around the other way, Du Plessis with a red and weeks with a yellow

Josh123

Bob McCowan (2)
I hate to blame the refereeing of a game, so all I will say is that was a great game ruined by one incident. We can forget about the silly offsides he didn't give, or the lying in the way of a ruck.

The rebels can blame themselves though. Plenty of mistakes and they are guilty of pushing it. There was a time when hegarty was receiving the ball as he was getting tackled. You have to learn to hold onto the ball. Same with the intercept, you're too flat, hold onto the ball and set up the next phase.

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
You've taken my comment right from my mouth Josh123

There is only so far you can go with 14 rebels playing in SA with hometown ref and I think they weren't far off it. Mistakes will happen, it's rugby. But who would've thought Weeksy, out of all guys, would've had a brain snap at something like that.. Huge shame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Unique situation to have the South African team dealing with jetlag and the tourists being acclimatised. Don't think it'll be a huge issue but it's a nice change.

This is a winnable game for us. Erase the fluffy errors and we should do well.

Boot's on the other foot next week for the Rebels v Bulls.;)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
How could du Plessis possibly be complaining about getting a yellow when he was ridiculously lucky to avoid the red?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought the cards were the obvious and correct decisions.

Du Plessis was an idiot but an open handed slap is never going to be more than a yellow.

Weeks' response was outrageous. There was no way he could be shown anything but a red card.

The Rebels would have probably won if it was 15 on 15 in the second half.

Higgonbotham had a superb game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The other concern for Weeks is that all of those punches appeared to have no effect on JDP..........

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
I thought the cards were the obvious and correct decisions.

Du Plessis was an idiot but an open handed slap is never going to be more than a yellow.

Weeks' response was outrageous. There was no way he could be shown anything but a red card.

The Rebels would have probably won if it was 15 on 15 in the second half.

Higgonbotham had a superb game.

Don't think you can call it an open handed slap when he winds up and drives the bottom part of his hand into the back of weeks head, although his fist wasn't closed it was closer to a punch than a slap

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
The replay is on now... definitely an open hand slap to the back of Weeks head.

A slap is done with the palm of your hand, and done in a sweeping motion, DP uses the bottom hard part of his hand and draws back and pushes it into the back of weeks head......

If you had that done to you when you were out on a Saturday night I'm sure you wouldn't consider it a slap or want the police to consider it as a mere slap

Status
Not open for further replies.