• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
After travelling over to support the Riverview boys I can report that Riverview led 12-7 when the 13 was yellow carded, with about 2 mins to go in the first half. Riverview conceded 28 pts while he was off. Up until then Riverview actually looked pretty dominant and converted pressure into pts with 4 penalty goals. The yellow was deserved, but Joeys probably deserved one themselves with repeated infringements while Riverview were attacking just prior. Joeys thoroughly deserved the win, however if Riverview can address their inconsistency and improve their line out ( they hardly won one all day) , then with more possession they will be more than competitive as the season goes on. I am informed that they had 2 big units in the pack out today, and one of them is back next round.
Concern I would think for RV was despite a scrum which dominated Joeys at times today, and a superb knock by ex-center turned 8, the backline never looked like getting over their opposites except for RV 14. I think they had a decent platform for much of the match but simply couldnt exploit it.

Muls404

Frank Row (1)
After travelling over to support the Riverview boys I can report that Riverview led 12-7 when the 13 was yellow carded, with about 2 mins to go in the first half. Riverview conceded 28 pts while he was off. Up until then Riverview actually looked pretty dominant and converted pressure into pts with 4 penalty goals. The yellow was deserved, but Joeys probably deserved one themselves with repeated infringements while Riverview were attacking just prior. Joeys thoroughly deserved the win, however if Riverview can address their inconsistency and improve their line out ( they hardly won one all day) , then with more possession they will be more than competitive as the season goes on. I am informed that they had 2 big units in the pack out today, and one of them is back next round.
Im sorry but Joey's lineouts were top notch - it was the srums that were the problem

sidestep

Frank Row (1)
Enjoyed the TSC v New game today, Scots started well with a couple of tries but New were patient and took their oppurtunties when presented. Some good performances from both sides with Scots 8 Girdler and 15 McLachlan with some nice touches. Both 9s Strang for Scots and Long for New were strong, it will be interesting which way the selectors go there. Standouts were New 13 Kenniwell and 12 Murray always threatening with ball in hand. Enjoyable schoolboy rugby both teams to be congratulted.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Congratulations to Joeys on their big win, keeping View's 1sts & 2nds tryless & dominance across all age groups. Their rugby programme remains the benchmark for all other schools.

Given that you were at the game you're no doubt in a better position to comment than my reliance on hearsay reports but in View's mitigation a 12-14 scoreline was blown away whilst Terry was off the field & Joeys exploited defensive issues on Barnes' side.

View will welcome at least one forward back for their rd 2 clash at Northbridge and there's likely to be some changes to the backline so it's not all doom & gloom so early in the season.
Kings played well, and deserved their win. Their forwards played well and also their midfield made good yards particularly in the second half. Kings support play was very good and their defence was nothing short of amazing.

Shore were unluckly and played some pretty good rugby. They pressured kings line on three occasions in the second half and were unable to capitalise.

Imo the teams were very even. Perhaps kings were slightly more dominant in the forwards but shore looked more threatening particularly when the ball went wide.

Shore scored a great try, perhaps the best of the competition. Hopefully it is on tape somewhere. It was schoolboy rugby at it best. So many hands.

Kings had an intercept try when shore was on attack. Shore, Imo should have got a penalty try early in the match. (kings player yellow carded for tackling player without ball as shore toed ball through into ingoal), the score could have been much closer.

Score did not indicate the closnest of the game. But Mr Azzuri your sky blues did well and will be a real force in GPS 2015, Shore will take alot away from the game and should easily account got view in a fortnight at Northbridge.

Very impressed with Joeys today. Blaise Barnes was the standout on the wing with 3 trys, supported well by Gitteos, Clements and Wright who looks at home in the 10 jersey. Jaffer-Williams pulling off an incredible try saver early on set the scene for a dominate outing from Joeys. Think View will struggle this year, did not look dangerous at all besides a few good runs from Mcgregor.

Kings won 21to 7 was 14-o at half time. Kings forwards too strong at the end of the game . shore was in the game for 20mins until Kings got a runaway intercept and gained the momentum.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Kings played well, and deserved their win. Their forwards played well and also their midfield made good yards particularly in the second half. Kings support play was very good and their defence was nothing short of amazing.

Shore were unluckly and played some pretty good rugby. They pressured kings line on three occasions in the second half and were unable to capitalise.

Imo the teams were very even. Perhaps kings were slightly more dominant in the forwards but shore looked more threatening particularly when the ball went wide.

Shore scored a great try, perhaps the best of the competition. Hopefully it is on tape somewhere. It was schoolboy rugby at it best. So many hands.

Kings had an intercept try when shore was on attack. Shore, Imo should have got a penalty try early in the match. (kings player yellow carded for tackling player without ball as shore toed ball through into ingoal), the score could have been much closer.

Score did not indicate the closnest of the game. But Mr Azzuri your sky blues did well and will be a real force in GPS 2015, Shore will take alot away from the game and should easily account got view in a fortnight at Northbridge.

Kings trial game against Scots was more structured and almost clinical when compared to yesterday's game against Shore which was more hand to hand combat and trench warfare. It was a game that had it all....,Teeth rattling cover tackles, amazing drawn out defensive efforts, intercept tries from both sides, yellow cards, a good sprinkling of handbag action, entertaining play by the hairdressers and hardcore piggy action. A great 70 mins of Rugby from two teams who left it all on the park. Congrats to both sides.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
I had hoped to get out to joeys, however ended up being in proximity of scots... And so had to settle for last half of scots game.

Amazing how well newington are playing ... Forwards were very professional and did a great job of constantly holding up the scots ball, and turning it into 'maul ball'

Scots for their part, hung in there ...but would have been an injustice if they had of clawed back what was an 8 point lead for much of second half

Strange thing is if you whacked Crichton back in there... the team wouldn't be too far of premiership quality

However as it looked yesterday you have some stars left over from last year, together with some that are just a bit off the pace in terms of size and skill

Either way , anyone thinking scots are title contenders either is dreaming or knows something I dont

Newington on the other hand have the best schoolboy centre in kennewll, and I would suggest are one of the teams more likely to give joeys a shake

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Re joeys results versus view, and last week ... Would be curious to know the cumulative for and against, and wins versus losses

But sounds like a 1000 points to a 100, and barely 5 losses by joeys

While I love joeys rugby ... I do find it strange how joeys supporters go stark raving mad if the likes of scots has hide to win a match (by a cricket score),
But if it happens across all age groups, and grades, and all day ...that is all good ... And that will be trumpeted on Twitter ... So that everyone knows that all is normal, in the world

Which is why knuckleheads like me , might love joeys rugby, but invariably relish anyone that can at least make a game of it

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Seeing that waverley 5ths beat joeys 13ths, reminds me of a shore team that I believe called themselves the social sixths, and featured the fly half from the previous years 1st xv

Can't remember if that star studded (or really stacked team) beat joeys back in the dawn of time

But it is one of the few ways to seemingly beat joeys outside of the A teams

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Seeing that waverley 5ths beat joeys 13ths, reminds me of a shore team that I believe called themselves the social sixths, and featured the fly half from the previous years 1st xv

Can't remember if that star studded (or really stacked team) beat joeys back in the dawn of time

But it is one of the few ways to seemingly beat joeys outside of the A teams
Not sure what they put in the water over there. But they do attract some of the very best rugby boys to that school. And if you have 10 really good players in each year then that force good players into lower grades and there is a trickle down effect. Making the school dominant across all grades.

I am sure there are boys playing 6th 7th & 8th at Joeys would play 1st grade at a lessor school.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Teams from yesterday

TKS 1st XV
1. Lucas Choi
2. Daniel Lombardi
3. Harrison Chapman
4. Nick Brown
5. Jac Pettitt
6. Dylan Pietsch
7. Fergus Ryan
8. Joey Skelly
9. Louis Heaton
10. Daniel Poletto
11. Jake Laferla
12. Matthew Orpen
13. Nicholas Stubbs
14. Chris Orpen
15. Rhys Millar

Shore 1st XV
1. Luke Edwards
2. Jake Hedge
3. Dylan Santone
4. Hugh Finlay
5. Rory Suttor
6. Fergus Bragg
7. Ben Reader
8. James Doyle
9. Will Haskins
10. Ollie Cowley
11. Ed Gregory
12. Nathan Corbett
13. Lachie Patrick
14. Jock Armstrong
15. Luke Rixon

rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Re joeys results versus view, and last week . Would be curious to know the cumulative for and against, and wins versus losses

But sounds like a 1000 points to a 100, and barely 5 losses by joeys

While I love joeys rugby . I do find it strange how joeys supporters go stark raving mad if the likes of scots has hide to win a match (by a cricket score),
But if it happens across all age groups, and grades, and all day .that is all good . And that will be trumpeted on Twitter . So that everyone knows that all is normal, in the world

Which is why knuckleheads like me , might love joeys rugby, but invariably relish anyone that can at least make a game of it

rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Joeys Open Rugby this week For 375 Against 104 2 losses
Year to date 1006 to 133
Wins 22 Losses 4 (Shore 2, View 1, Waverley1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.