• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
As much as I hate to say it, I think Shore will be picking up the wooden spoon this year. They've come up against Joeys and Kings which are both tough teams this year, but I still think that they don't have what it takes to inflict any major damage. That's just my opinion however, what are other people thinking?

We'll know more after they play Riverview.

Up and Over

Frank Nicholson (4)
How does everyone think shore are shaping up this season. Yeah they lost those two games against kings and joeys but they where a pretty tough outfit. I guess we'll see against Riverview
Remember: Run sideways and around
Although I think shore play in the true spirit of rugby I think they will really struggle this year.
Last year they had some very good players (Woodhill, Dowsett, emery, king, stump, cook, Preece) this year there is very few of that quality (no immediate NSW selections) + no natural leader on the pitch + small light pack. They may pick up points if the oppositions have major injuries and they have none.
The coaches must be nervous of another tough year ahead.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Although I think shore play in the true spirit of rugby I think they will really struggle this year.
Last year they had some very good players (Woodhill, Dowsett, emery, king, stump, cook, Preece) this year there is very few of that quality (no immediate NSW selections) + no natural leader on the pitch + small light pack. They may pick up points if the oppositions have major injuries and they have none.
The coaches must be nervous of another tough year ahead.
Don't know what forward pack I was watching on Saturday, Shore seemed on par size wise with Kings. Was a very even contest. Scrum was solid, don't think there were any tightheads. (Linehual could have been better). I would not call the pack small.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Don't know what forward pack I was watching on Saturday, Shore seemed on par size wise with Kings. Was a very even contest. Scrum was solid, don't think there were any tightheads. (Linehual could have been better). I would not call the pack small.

Agree that Shore is not a small pack. There wasn't any major difference in size between the two forward packs ....i doubt there would have been 40-50kg advantage in total pack weight to Kings. There were no tight heads but Kings did dominate both their scrum and lineout.

I thought Shore's forwards were good at at the breakdown and in the backs their trio of 10,12 and 13 .......and their fullback are all very quick and may catch a a lot of teams napping this year.

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree that Shore is not a small pack. There wasn't any major difference in size between the two forward packs ..i doubt there would have been 40-50kg advantage in total pack weight to Kings. There were no tight heads but Kings did dominate both their scrum and lineout.

I thought Shore's forwards were good at at the breakdown and in the backs their trio of 10,12 and 13 ...and their fullback are all very quick and may catch a a lot of teams napping this year.

In regards to Shore pack they were light on in scrum and lineout against Kings. They were ok at the breakdown but they wont win games if they cant win the set pieces, The backs got very little go forward ball. Agree with others there is no Jum upfront or Dowsett and Emery in bascks to set them on fire.There seems no strength in 2nds and 3rds for back up.In the backs they missed Patrick at 10 who was in good form in prior games especially in defence. Cowlie was struggling after 4 weeks out with injury,and they misfired several times in attcking positions last week.They need to get Rixon into space to create tries for the wingers.
As much as they are proud and gutsy the Shore boys will struggle to win a game,hopefully i am wrong.
King or Kennewell for GPS 1"s ,,,Kennewell for me , sets up outside players better, King is a very strong runner maybe better suited to wing/fullback.

R

RuckMyGrass420

Shore will certainly be in for a tough one again this year. The boys have heart, there's no doubt about that. But do they have footy skills? That's a whole new kettle of fish and quite frankly (and as much as i hate to say it) i just don't think the boys from the north have what it takes to get a win this year.
Only time will tell though

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Are these players even playing this year? Reportedly they weren't in the programme last week.

Since you joined just today - please explain.

Zak Stevens, while a tad old for schoolboys, would be useful in crippling his opposite prop with laughter.

brownie24

Stan Wickham (3)
Does anyone know what happened to Bailey Simmonsen from newington? play fullbacks for 1's and Played NSW Allschools 16's last year, also plays for the bulldogs SG Ball... But does anyone know if he is injuried? or got dropped??

Informed

Frank Nicholson (4)
Does anyone know what happened to Bailey Simmonsen from newington? play fullbacks for 1's and Played NSW Allschools 16's last year, also plays for the bulldogs SG Ball. But does anyone know if he is injuried? or got dropped??
A Hip injury prevented him from playing in the SG Ball competition. Glandular Fever for several months has kept him out of all sport since. I'm told may play rugby later in the year for Newington.

Status
Not open for further replies.