• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Bulls @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Fundraiser and this week's Rebels game.

Maciu Vosa sustained a serious injury while playing for Harlequin against Melbourne Uni in March of this year.

Maciu, married and a father of two young children, initially spent six weeks in the Austin Hospital and Maciu has recently been transferred to the Royal Talbot Rehabilitation Centre, where he will spend the next six to 12 months.

The result of his injury means that Maciu is paralysed from his upper chest down, with very little movement in his arms.

The Rebels want to help Harlequin Rugby Club raise funds to provide short and long term support for Maciu and his young family, including a specially made electric wheelchair for the six foot six second rower as well as a number of expensive modifications to his home and car.

You can donate to his cause, and you can also be a part of the fundraiser for Maciu on Saturday 6th June.

For $25 you get entry into the corporate area of AAMI stadium with platinum seating (but not stadium entry*) to watch two great matches and also support Maciu; gates open at 1.00pm, curtain raiser starts at 1.10pm and the Rebels are in action at 3.30pm, with the inaugural Direct Connect Dewar Shield Fastest Player Sprint happening at half time.

All proceeds of this event go to the ‘Maciu Vosa Trust’. Tickets for this function are limited, and these tickets allow you entry to the corporate room for the function and a platinum seat as well; it does not get you into the stadium. *To enter the stadium you must use your own Rebels membership or purchase a general admission ticket.

To buy a ticket to the fundraiser, click here.

To visit Maciu’s charity site or to make a donation please click here.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'll be sitting in the platinum section. (I don't usually get to say that!)

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Sefa out for the remaining two games, Ellison still not 100%.

Would like to see
9) Stirzaker
10) JD
11) Shipperly
12) Harris
13) Inman
14) English (Had his best game of the year last weekend)
15) Hegarty

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
7 changes for die Blou Bulle - Pollard and Strauss rested

(15-1)
Jesse Kriel
Francois Hougaard
JJ Engelbrecht
Burger Odendaal
Travis Ismaiel
Jacques-Louis Potgieter
Rudy Paige
Pierre Spies
Jacques du Plessis
Lappies Labuschagne
Victor Matfield
Flip van der Merwe
Marcel van der Merwe
Callie Visagie
Dean Greyling

Replacements:
Jaco Visagie
Trevor Nyakane
Werner Kruger
Grant Hattingh
Arno Botha
Tian Schoeman
Bjorn Basson
Jurgen Visser

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sefa out for the remaining two games, Ellison still not 100%.

Would like to see

14) English (Had his best game of the year last weekend)

i agree, would seriously consider him at 13, which is his best position, but suspect we will see Shipperly there, Crawford on the wing, Harris at FB and Hegarty on the bench again. i also rate Hegarty and really hope the Rebels keep hold of him.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
7 changes for die Blou Bulle - Pollard and Strauss rested

(15-1)
Jesse Kriel
Francois Hougaard
JJ Engelbrecht
Burger Odendaal
Travis Ismaiel
Jacques-Louis Potgieter
Rudy Paige
Pierre Spies
Jacques du Plessis
Lappies Labuschagne
Victor Matfield
Flip van der Merwe
Marcel van der Merwe
Callie Visagie
Dean Greyling

Replacements:
Jaco Visagie
Trevor Nyakane
Werner Kruger
Grant Hattingh
Arno Botha
Tian Schoeman
Bjorn Basson
Jurgen Visser

Quite a few names there that I'm not familiar with.

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
Interesting trivia for you:

How many times has a bulls team won their last tour match in 18 years of Super Rugby?

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
I have it on good authority that the Bulls have never won their final game on tour.

The Bulls finish off their Tour Horribilis this weekend - but if you’re a Bulls fan, don’t hold your breath. They’ve had 18 shots at it, but not once in the tournament’s history have they ever won their final tour match. And keep in mind that they’ve sent far better squads over than the one that is currently holed up under that imaginary shell of theirs.

Pretty damning article on the Bulls this week,along with other musings:

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/super-rugby/news/150603/SuperWrap_Week_16_2015

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
team not officially announced but on the website news game preview
good to see Ben Meehan get a run, also Tom English on the bench and at outside centre, clearly still some doubt over Ellison.
Rebels’ team:
Starting Lineup: Toby Smith, Pat Leafa, Paul Alo-Emile, Luke Jones, Lopeti Timani, Sean McMahon, Colby Fainga’a, Scott Higginbotham (C), Nic Stirzaker, Jack Debreczeni, Cam Crawford, Mitch Inman, Tom English, Dom Shipperley, Mike Harris
Reserves: Tom Sexton, Cruze Ah-Nau, Tim Metcher, Sam Jeffries, Jordy Reid, Ben Meehan, Bryce Hegarty, Tom English

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
2 TOM ENGLISHES!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: No Neville is a call for next year, but finishing on 49 Rebels caps would be disapointing. No fugs or Burgess are interesting calls, more on the fact they went from starters to not in the squad. Good to see Metcher is fit. Crawf getting a run is a good thing, but ahead of both Telusa and Kingston doesn't bode well for them.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
2 TOM ENGLISHES!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: No Neville is a call for next year, but finishing on 49 Rebels caps would be disapointing. No fugs or Burgess are interesting calls, more on the fact they went from starters to not in the squad. Good to see Metcher is fit. Crawf getting a run is a good thing, but ahead of both Telusa and Kingston doesn't bode well for them.

i hadn't noticed the Neville absence, thought he actually had one of his better games on the weekend, as did Tom English. The cards for next year are beginning to be played and i agree that the omens for vaianu and kingston appear bad, one has been injured since his arrival the other not given nearly enough opportunity (IMO)

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I agree Highlander35 it would be disappointing if Neville was stuck on 49 Rebel caps. I was hoping both he and PAE would notch their 50th Rebels cap this week and their 50th Super Rugby cap for Rebels next week.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Also can't believe we haven't seen more of Veainu this year. Particularly after his form for the Rising.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Great opportunity for Ben Meehan to strut his stuff tomorrow. He's been given few chances but with finals out of the equation and Burgess exiting, he should be getting as many minutes as possible.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Late change:

Ellison out for the Rebels with a groin injury. Shipperley to outside centre, Hegarty to the wing and Scott Fuglistaller onto the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.