• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

West Indies vs Aus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Windies all out for 148. Great performance from the bowlers. Hazelwood is going to make it very hard to bring Harris straight back into the XI for the Ashes.

I thought the NRC was poorly promoted I didn't even know Australia was playing credit at the moment

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Windies all out for 148. Great performance from the bowlers. Hazelwood is going to make it very hard to bring Harris straight back into the XI for the Ashes.
If he's fit i reckon Harris gets Starc's spot

Lots of spin and variable bounce for a day 1 pitch. Good test for the batsmen who haven't exactly been convincing in these conditions over the last 5 years.

And the top order fails right on schedule

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If he's fit i reckon Harris gets Starc's spot

Lots of spin and variable bounce for a day 1 pitch. Good test for the batsmen who haven't exactly been convincing in these conditions over the last 5 years.

And the top order fails right on schedule
Starc needs consistency with the red ball to retain his spot; to produce the devastating form he has with the white ball. If he can get the swing going, in England he'll be unplayable.

But Johnson was also a bit lack lustre against India for long periods.

Harris will be there with Hazlewood as the line and menace bowlers, barring injury.

Taking two left-arm bowlers into England isn't popular, so it might come down to Starc or Johnson playing for one slot, or perhaps even a five man bowling lineup to shatter England's remaining confidence..

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think it's a lot better than no long form match play at all. Great effort by the bowlers last night. Hazlewood impresses me more and more every time I see him. He's going to be some bowler that bloke.

I won't feel like we're on top until we go past the Windies total. If we can get there with no further loss then we can really ram home the advantage. I don't want us chasing too much in the last innings, as I suspect that track is going to play more tricks as the game wears on.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
What a spell by Bishoo. He's got Smith, Watson and Haddin. An absolute pearler to get Haddin.

Bishoo has 4-49 and OZ still trail by 22.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Very well done by Voges.

These last wicket runs should win the test, anything under 100 and it could easily have gone either way had a couple of them got away.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Voges becomes the 101st player to score a century on debut and there can't have been too many as difficult. No other batsman scored more than 25 (edit though Hazelwood is showing them how its done now)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That ball Starc put up to Brathwaite shows he can swing it like he does the white ball.

Pretty hard to take him out of the team if he's going like that.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The good thing about having this sort of form is that it means we don't need to rush Harris and can cycle our bowlers (particularly Harris) a bit through the Ashes.

On a side note, Josh Hazlewood now has a test batting average of 71!

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Do you think it was instructions from the coach that Smith, Watson and Haddin try to attach the bowling instead of hanging tough against Bishoo Try to knock him out of the game or just poor batting and red hot bowling Bishoo.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I only saw highlights, but a couple of those wicket deliveries from the spinner were bloody good bowling.

Stupid shot by Watto though - threw everything at it - so you could be right.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Bit of a combo for mine. Smith had been there for 90 balls so hes going to back himself to make contact there, probably fair enough.

Haddin got a beauty early on.

I really try hard not to pile on Watson but it's that sort if shot in that sort of situation that makes it really difficult. He'd get crucified here and everywhere if that were at the scg. He's really not that good a player against spin in test matches

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Really interesting list of oz century on debuts
uploadfromtaptalk1433493474705.png

Status
Not open for further replies.