• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RIP Jerry Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
jcneg.png

The day he retired I was so distraught I made this pic from scratch, pulled his little petrol station figurine off the shelf, and actually photographed it walking off into the distance on my carpet. R.I.P Jerry

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Shit seems his wife was also killed and 3 months old baby hurt!! FFS it gets worse!

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Very sad. He was a monstrous player for the Darkness, I still remember his hits on Toutai Kefu and Nathan Sharpe before and during to 03 World Cup.

"The Wellington Garbologist", as Gordon Bray used to call him.

Rest in peace.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
At times remembered for odd things like his leak on the field, and the knife-in-Japan incident, he was an absolute beast of a player for the All Blacks, and in Super Rugby. Hard as nails, but seemed like a good-natured fella too.
Sad news indeed.
RIP.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There's going to be a lot of emotion in the Hurricanes v Highlanders game tonight.

I wonder if Ma'a Nonu will put in a late request to be unrested?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
One of the reasons I liked him as a player was this story http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...lack-gives-Barnstaple-second-XV-the-edge.html, showed he did actually love the game and what it stood for I thought.
Actually read another piece about that game where he actually went to shop that morning to buy boots, and when the players asked him about how he wanted to warm up, he replied "I playing for your team, you not playing for mine, so just do whatever you usually do". He also played in Barnstaples club sock for Baabaas a couple of weeks later!

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
really gutted by this. One of the guys I really admired as a player and a person - just seemed to have the right spirit. Sad day indeed

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
There's going to be a lot of emotion in the Hurricanes v Highlanders game tonight.

I wonder if Ma'a Nonu will put in a late request to be unrested?

And tomorrow's Blues and Saders. Mealamu, McCaw and Carter probably played in the majority of all the tests Jerry played in.

Very sad news.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Horrible news. If anyone has a good highlights reel of him would be nice to post it up in honour of the great man.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just found out about this now. RIP. I'm stunned. Jerry was only 34 I think, too young to go now & his wife dying too just makes it even worse.

Their little girl is in a serious condition. Be brave & pull through little one.

Status
Not open for further replies.