• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 IRB Junior Rugby World Cup - Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontRowFan

Herbert Moran (7)
ARU Media Release

Saturday 6 June, 2015 Australia U20s ready for Italian job

Wilkin is one of three changes to the starting fifteen that defeated Samoa 34-22, with Queensland speedster Conrad Quick moved from the injury list to the wing and Folau Fainga'a getting a start at hooker.

Australian U20s Head Coach, Adrian Thompson, said: “Injecting Brad back into the starting side will give us some extra experience and versatility at the set piece and in defence.

“As the tournament’s host we expect Italy to be a very challenging proposition. They had some strong passages of play against South Africa and will be hungry for their first victory.

“We’ve recognised some areas for improvement after our clash against Samoa and we are aware that we need to come up with a better 80-minute performance on Sunday.”

The clash at Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi, Parma kicks off at 4.30am Sunday 7 June and will be broadcast in Australia LIVE on FOX SPORTS 3.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Foxtel guide says that the following are on offer live tonight/tomorrow morning:
Fox Sports 3 2:20 am (AEST) New Zealand vs Argentina (Pool C)
Fox Sports 3 4:20 am (AEST) Australian vs Italy (Pool B)

Games not being televised on Foxtel in Aust, but likely to be streamed somewhere if you can find them:
00:30am kick off (AEST) France vs Japan (Pool A)
00:30am kick off (AEST) Ireland vs Scotland (Pool C)
02:30am kick off (AEST) South Africa vs Samoa (Pool B)
04:20am kick off (AEST) England vs Wales (Pool A)

Big day coming up in front of the TV or on the Foxtel IQ recording.

Fox Sports 2 Live Games
3:15 pm Rebels vs Bulls
5:30 pm Blues vs CruSadists
7:20 pm Reds v Chiefs
10:55 pm Cheetahs vs Waratahs
1:00 am Stormers vs Lions

Fox Sports 3 Live
2:20 am NZL v ARG U20
4:20 am AUS v ITA U20

And then there is Junior State Champs Live in the flesh at a variety of sites around the place all weekend,

And M2B vs Warringah Colts Catch up games live in the flesh from Death Valley today

And MMM vs Shoremen Grade games live from North Sydney Oval tomorrow (with the First Grade shown live on 7Two TV).

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
And then there is Junior State Champs Live in the flesh at a variety of sites around the place all weekend,

This weekend is the Rugby Junior State Championships for U/11-17's.
Go to http://www.nswjuniors.rugbynet.com.au/ to find draws for each age group (and see links below).

NEW SOUTH WALES JUNIOR STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS 2015
This years NSWJRU State Championships also incorporate the Country Junior Championships for the U15s, U16s and U17s.
DRAWS RELEASED FOR NSWJRU STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
Venues and Draws for 2015:
U11 6/7th June only Blackman Park, Lane Cove U11 Draw ver 2
U12 6/7/8th June Camden Rugby Park, Camden U12 Draw
U13 6/7/8th June Drummoyne Ovals, Drummoyne U13 Draw
U14 6/7/8th June Endeavour Park, Orange U14 Draw ver 4
U15 6/7/8th June Glen Willow Sporting Complex, Mudgee U15 Draw
U16 and U17 6/7/8th June St Lukes Fields, Concord

muddy

Peter Burge (5)
14. Newsome is a Steady-Eddie player who won't let you down but he is not a rainmaker; so fair enough to try somebody else.

It may seem that Deegan is lucky to keep his spot but Thompson will know that his last game was an aberration—goal kicking included.

Newsome or Quick you mean??

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Saw the replay of the game.

Scrum time:
Orr: Decent scrummager, but when opposition scrum for long period kicks his hips out and doesn't stay in the fight. Will find it hard against Italy if he has that mindset.
McInerny: Not up to standard. Hooking for the ball is fools gold. You must build momentum forward before getting a strike at the ball (hooking more so known as walking over the ball, you can't out scrummage your opponent on one leg). Very poor start!
Sandell: His shape actually isn't too bad. My issue is that he is too small for a THP. It's a growing trend in Australia especially at junior ages.

Bench props don't see many other options maybe Fainga'a for McInerny. The other two props didn't show enough for me.

Degen: Hot and cold during the game did some things well but IMO didn't get his backline into the game besides #12. Campbell, Kellaway barely touched the ball maybe could be due to poor set piece.

The back row was very workman like and were exceptional today especially the impact of Fakaosilia. Boy, that kid has a future.

Alex Mafi would have been the starting hooker but as the team was selected he played his first game back from a Shoulder reconstruction injury. Now is in great form for Bond University premier grade side.
I wouldn't say 'great form' for Alex Mafi....please explain this?

G

galumay

Australia playing themselves into this game nicely towards the end of the 2nd half, good composure after a shaky start.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Results and Pool Pacings after Day 2 (click on "Show spoiler" button to see results. Spoiler label will be removed after 24 hours. If you haven't watched your recording of the matches by then - tough).

MATCH DAY 1: TUESDAY JUNE 2
Game No., Kick-off, Group, Match, Venue
1. Pool C, Ireland 18 def Argentina 16
2. Pool B, Australia 34 def Samoa 22
3. Pool C, New Zealand 68 def Scotland 10
4. Pool A, France 19 def Wales 10
5. Pool A, England 59 def Japan 7
6. Pool B, South Africa 33 def Italy 5

MATCH DAY 2: SATURDAY JUNE 6
7., 16:30, Pool A, France 47 def Japan 7
8., 18:30, Pool B, South Africa 40 def Samoa 8
9., 20:30, Pool B, Australia 31 def Italy 15
10., 16:30, Pool C, Ireland 24 def Scotland 20
11., 18:30, Pool C, New Zealand 32 def Argentina 29
12., 20:30, Pool A, England 30 def Wales 16

Pool A
England 10 pts
France 9 pts
Wales 0 pts
Japan 0 pts

Pool B
South Africa 10 pts
Australia 10 pts
Samoa 0 pts
Italy 0 pts

Pool C
New Zealand 10 pts
Ireland 8 pts
Argentina 2 pts
Scotland 1 pts

Current SF contenders:
ENG, SAF, NZL, AUS

The 2 x 4T BP victories for AUS, 0 x BP for Irish and only 1 x 4T BP victory for the French may prove critical at SF time, assuming Day 3 games go to form with ENG def FRA, SAF def AUS, and NZL def IRE. Pressure will still be on for AUS to either beat SAF or lose by <7 with or without 4 tries.

Games To Come
MATCH DAY 3: WEDNESDAY JUNE 10
13., 16:30, Pool C, Argentina v Scotland, Calvisano
14., 18:30, Pool B, Samoa v Italy, Calvisano
15., 20:30, Pool B, South Africa v Australia, Calvisano Televised: Thursday 11 June 4.30am (AEST) FOX SPORTS 2
16., 16:30, Pool A, England v France, Viadana
17., 18:30, Pool A, Wales v Japan, Viadana
18., 20:30, Pool C, New Zealand v Ireland, Viadana

Note: Kick off times shown are Local (Italy).

T

TOCC

The closeness of the New Zealand-Argentina match is surprising

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If we get a bonus point against South Africa we should progress. If we don't achieve that and France gets a bonus point against England they'll go through ahead of us.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bit of both. The NZ team seemed to start their dirt trackers and only really got going when the rockstars from the bench were deployed.

T

TOCC

I didn't watch the game, I just found the scoreline surprising..

South Africa is looking to be a real litmus test for Australia, RSA have scored slightly more points and been conceding far less..

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nah. It was a clear 2 on a 1 with Lacey on the outside. If he passed Lacey scores and gets as a losing and try bonus point. We were the 2nd best team there yet only came 5th because of it.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Its not a good look.
He had a winger free in the first half.
And he kicked it way with Kellaway outside him.
And against Samoa he ran 50m with 2 in support, got to the half way, and grubber kicked it: very bad game sense.
Mind you the midfield seem to have no "peripheral" vision.
I'll be howled down but they look converted league players in their willingness to die with the ball.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I think it's really petty blaming a player for an action when there were 14 others players on the field for the other 79minutes who also contributed to a loss..

Nope, I look at like there were 14 others who worked their fucking arses off for 79 minutes to create the opportunity,only to see it destroyed by an act of hubris.
No one is blaming a kicker for missing a difficult penalty,or a winger for dropping a difficult pass, or a not straight throw from the hooker.
It was an old fashioned glory seeking hog job that fucked up.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I didn't watch the game, I just found the scoreline surprising..

South Africa is looking to be a real litmus test for Australia, RSA have scored slightly more points and been conceding far less..

It's surprising but then again the Argies pushed the South African U20s side really close in their warm up match. Makes me wonder how the NZ vs Ireland game will go, but I get the strong feeling NZ will hit back hard in the final game.

Status
Not open for further replies.