• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby League players who could have/could make the switch

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Could Sam Burgess play union in Australia, seeing as he lived here for 5 years, does he qualify as a local rather than an marquee signing?

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Could Sam Burgess play union in Australia, seeing as he lived here for 5 years, does he qualify as a local rather than an marquee signing?
You only need 3 years to qualify via residence. But if he is capped for another country he surely has to be considered as a foreign marquee?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He's played for the English Saxons, I don't know if that counts as being capped?

I believe that is England's second side so it would count as being capped.

The residence rule only applies for continual stays. Burgess would be back to day one if he returned to Australia. Much the same happened to Henry Speight when he played a season of ITM Cup a few years ago.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Who is watching that overhyped boreathon?

It is "Waterloo: The Last Battle" on the History channel here. Fascinating stuff with lots of subtitled French interviews to practice my long unused school French.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Methinks he doth protest too much.
I'm calling Big Arse has a framed,signed Freddy Fittler Jersey in his bedroom!

Edit: And a framed photo of the Jarses & King Wally at a corporate golf day,in pride of place behind the bar!

Wilson

David Codey (61)
10 has the wallabies but 9 bought both 2011 and 2015 world cup rights as a package last time around

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
91,513 @ the MCG

Will be in the top 3 highest rating TV programs for the year.

Again.

They usually get those numbers to watch a couple of inner northern suburbs play AFL..........

Probably not this year with the way Carlton are playing.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Dennis Tutty , ...or currently Mitchell Pearce ,
widening the brief ....referee Col Pearce and possibly coaching mentor for Richard Graham - Jack Gibson ( One liner heaven !) .

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Grandmaster, I got a mate that reckons Inglis would be pretty good at 15 too, though perhaps a little old to really transfer to 13. I admit to never watching league so have no idea, but can tell him you agree;). Was part of conversation of how good Wallabies may be without league, but I couldn't add if ABs would be better if NZ had their laeguies playing rugby, so conversation died rather quickly.