• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stormers v Brumbies Qualifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Well done the Brumbies on getting the job done in difficult conditions. Big task to travel to NZ to take on the Canes.....lotta miles to travel.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
Great result for the Brumbies but I still cant get past the South African commentators. Absolutely disgusting display of bias throughout the whole match. Even the Waratah brigade has got nothing on tonights broadcast. When they rarely complimented the Brumbies it was said with chagrin and disappointment. A really poor showing from professionals that are meant to remain neutral.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Plenty of "Rugby-Only" people would disagree with me but I know from practicing Judo that the way you throw someone does dictate the way they land.

We'll agree to disagree on that one. Hopefully it won't cost the Brumbies.

And Mogg goes in, everythings coming up Milhouse. Unless the TMO can find something...
No I agree .. In Judo and Bjj and MMA the way you throw someone does dictate how they land.. and I have my Purple BJJ belt and train MMA and Judo's in that.. But when in Judo is someone running full pelt and you grab them and throw them.. Judo aint Rugby.. and Rugby aint Judo.. I don't disagree with the card but to say .. Speight knew throwing him was going to hit his head on the ground.. like as you said a Judo guy.. is dumb, he grabbed him cleaned him out and the guy hit the ground head first.. its a card.. its not dumb just unlucky it came out wrong..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If he's lucky he'll get 2 weeks at best........... so he'll miss the final if the Brumbies beat the 'canes.

M

Moono75

Where were people listening to the Saffa commentators?

I had Clarke and Kafe on Fox....

I was listening online to our South African friends.....but then Peyper referred me to the TMO and he said Moono get the fuck off that website streaming.........so I did. No yellow card though.

Good night all :D

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
No I agree .. In Judo and Bjj and MMA the way you throw someone does dictate how they land.. and I have my Purple BJJ belt and train MMA and Judo's in that.. But when in Judo is someone running full pelt and you grab them and throw them.. Judo aint Rugby.. and Rugby aint Judo.. I don't disagree with the card but to say .. Speight knew throwing him was going to hit his head on the ground.. like as you said a Judo guy.. is dumb, he grabbed him cleaned him out and the guy hit the ground head first.. its a card.. its not dumb just unlucky it came out wrong..

The player thrown was not running at full pelt they had slowed right down.

That's the last from me. You know my stance & I aint in the mood for a pissing contest at 3am. Good night & good luck in the next game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think the Brumbies will have to start with Dargaville next week............

Savea v Coleman would be a disaster, and Dargaville was exceptional when he started against the Cheetahs, but then again............. it was the Cheetahs.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Pretty ordinary officiating by both pyper and the TMO, what makes it even worse is people know in advance that it's going to happen. South African rugby in general just stinks.......

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The player thrown was not running at full pelt they had slowed right down.

That's the last from me. You know my stance & I aint in the mood for a pissing contest at 3am. Good night & good luck in the next game.
What ever, you think Henry Tried to toss him on his head.. Unlucky not dumb ..

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I think the Brumbies will have to start with Dargaville next week....

Savea v Coleman would be a disaster, and Dargaville was exceptional when he started against the Cheetahs, but then again..... it was the Cheetahs.

Absolutely.

Coleman v a big angry Islander winger ends in two conceded tries.

Might be a blessing in disguise too, Speight is clearly struggling along with injuries. 3 weeks off to recover might be a good thing for the rest of this year.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Good win Brumbies. Tomane upping his Wallabies chances big time. But what's the go with TK? Haven't watched a whole lotta Brumbies games but is he out of form or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.