• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Highlanders, semi-final, Saturday 27 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
hi everyone,

long time reader first time poster.

just wanted to point out that the semi final also falls on the same day as the lovely Shtinas 24th birthday as well. so its actually 2 huge events

if the thread title could be altered and everyone could include some well wishes in there posts. she didn't want to make a big deal but hey, you don't turn 24 every year of your life.

for those buying presents, her favourite colour is lilac and she really likes artificial roses. (she doesn't like real ones, wilting flowers remind her of Chris Hickeys coaching reign)

to all a good night.

WJ.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Anyone heard any news on Beale's injury. I have heard that his groin sprain has now become a quad strain, but this doesn't sound all that credible to me. No word yet on whether he's likely to start, anyone got the inside story?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It was a quad strain before the Reds game - and its still putting him under threat. Fitness test Thursday for him, and Rob Horne (calf) and Carraro (not sure)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Tell you what, the Tahs lost nothing with Cararo at 12 in the last game. I reckon that bloke is one of the most underrated players in OZ rugby.

Don't agree that Waratahs lose nothing. They lose their second playmaker and the player most able to release Izzy into space. I'm not Cheik but I'd be thinking long and hard about putting Lance at 12 and having Big T and Betham on the wings, with Carraro as cover.

It took the whole first half to sort out the dislocation of not having Beale at second playmaker against the Reds, a team you wouldn't rate all that highly. At oranges it was 3-0.

I agree Carraro is under-rated but mainly as an outside centre/winger, not as a second playmaker.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
While I agree with you, Hawko, that might have partly been due to the lateness of the injury and suddenness of the change. Having had 2 weeks training that way it should be better

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Yeah, I know. But what about among Tahs supporters? Is there movement? Most of their friends have already bought a ticket?

all the usual suspects are going, but then again they always do. I have no idea if people who don't normally attend the rugby are attending on saturday. I'll see if I can elicit an answer from the tahs SM team

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Don't agree that Waratahs lose nothing. They lose their second playmaker and the player most able to release Izzy into space. I'm not Cheik but I'd be thinking long and hard about putting Lance at 12 and having Big T and Betham on the wings, with Carraro as cover.

It took the whole first half to sort out the dislocation of not having Beale at second playmaker against the Reds, a team you wouldn't rate all that highly. At oranges it was 3-0.

I agree Carraro is under-rated but mainly as an outside centre/winger, not as a second playmaker.

Yeah, it took a while for Foley adjust, usually he can attack the line because if he ends up in the ruck, Beale is there to bounce into the ball distributor's spot usually.

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)
Yeah, I know. But what about among Tahs supporters? Is there movement? Most of their friends have already bought a ticket?

I've got a fair crew of some occasional attendees as well as partners, plus a few others I know of who'll be going. I think there should be a pretty decent crowd. I predict somewhere between 30-35k based on absolutely nothing scientific whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.