• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW JRU State Championships & Representative Teams 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
"This is always going to be subjective - however some of these boys definately didn't perform in Mudgee . McLennan and Bell definarely ahead off Frear who had quiet games

Muslika is a good choice agead of Titmuss for 8. "

Big fan of Musika, though I thought Keith (Titmuss) had a blinder in the SJC final - constantly a handful for the Gordon defence running his wide channel. Need to get them both in.

konbar

Peter Burge (5)
I thought the 10 from Gordon was reliable and controlled the 15's side well, surprised he wasn't picked in at least the ba ba's starting but not to make any side I was quite surprised, I'd love to know why he wasn't picked.
Also quite interesting to see that the NSW JGC starting halfback didn't make his zone side and then not any side?? If he made NSW shouldn't he be able to make MNZ? Some selection issues somewhere

RoyRanley

Bob McCowan (2)
I thought the 10 from Gordon was reliable and controlled the 15's side well, surprised he wasn't picked in at least the ba ba's starting but not to make any side I was quite surprised, I'd love to know why he wasn't picked.
Also quite interesting to see that the NSW JGC starting halfback didn't make his zone side and then not any side?? If he made NSW shouldn't he be able to make MNZ? Some selection issues somewhere

Because gordon's half is better than the north's but north's 5/8 better than gordon's

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
I thought the 10 from Gordon was reliable and controlled the 15's side well, surprised he wasn't picked in at least the ba ba's starting but not to make any side I was quite surprised, I'd love to know why he wasn't picked
Completely agree KB (Kurtley Beale) and the good news is he has been brought into the MNZ squad

konbar

Peter Burge (5)
1. McLennan (Norths)
2. Devine (Southern Districts)
3. Bell (Norths)
4. Pannozo (Gordon)
5. Loto'Aniu (Parramatta)
6. Reimer (Gordon)
7. Gunstone (Gordon)
8. Titmuss (Norths)
9. Tejcek (Gordon)
10. Minogue (Eastwood)
11. Endemann (Norths)
12. Mokia (Parramatta)
13. Easy (Gordan)
14. Cameron (Gordon)
15. Thomson (Parramatta)
16. Bremner (Gordon)
17. Talanoa (Parramatta)
18. Icanovski (Southern Districts)
19. Jansen (Norths)
20. Douglas (Manly)
21. Mawson (Warringah
22. O' Hearn (Gordon)
23. Dutallis (Norths)
Seems like a good prediction although I would probably put makoia on the bench shift Easy to 12, Endamann to 13 and put dutallis on the wing, I thought Creagh (Norths) might have a shot at the fullback position and Brown (Gordon) might be a more reliable starting second rower and bring musika off the bench as more of an impact player,

William

Allen Oxlade (6)
Seems like a good prediction although I would probably put makoia on the bench shift Easy to 12, Endamann to 13 and put dutallis on the wing, I thought Creagh (Norths) might have a shot at the fullback position and Brown (Gordon) might be a more reliable starting second rower and bring musika off the bench as more of an impact player,
There is no way based on mudgee that Musika can be behind brown. Brown was ineffective in comparison to musika.

I thought there were much better forwards based on Mudgee

konbar

Peter Burge (5)
How does someone not selected get now selected? Sounds dodgy

Don't think it's that dodgy, should have been in there in the first place and in my opinion and someone likely pulled out and he was shadow. You may be right to pick musika over Brow, both good players, who did you think was better?

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Don't think it's that dodgy, should have been in there in the first place and in my opinion and someone likely pulled out and he was shadow. You may be right to pick musika over Brow, both good players, who did you think was better?
There was a withdrawl from MNZ which saw the Gordon 10 brought into the squad.

Musika and Jordan (Brown) are different players. Kind of like comparing Palu and Simmons. Mus at his best is very effective one or two off the ruck taking it into contact and can chop big opposition in half when his defence is on song. Jordan has a great work ethic, a good all round game and is tall and strong in the lineout. Mus is better compared with Keith Titmuss as both are natural no. 8s.

James999

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yeah musika is a natural 8. The Knox 16a player Trrobec pulled out apparently due to school policy . Agree brown didnt perform in Mudgee

James999

Frank Nicholson (4)
There was a withdrawl from MNZ which saw the Gordon 10 brought into the squad.

Musika and Jordan (Brown) are different players. Kind of like comparing Palu and Simmons. Mus at his best is very effective one or two off the ruck taking it into contact and can chop big opposition in half when his defence is on song. Jordan has a great work ethic, a good all round game and is tall and strong in the lineout. Mus is better compared with Keith Titmuss as both are natural no. 8s.
Didn't think he did much in Mudgee though- maybe club and past performances your points might be valid

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Slightly off topic, but read all about one of G&GR's own being recognised, and in the running for the Asteron Life Community Coach of the Year Award.

CENTRAL WEST SERVED WELL BY CHRIS MCCRACKEN

150629%20ALCC%20edit.jpg

Read all about it here:
http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...tral-West-served-well-by-Chris-McCracken.aspx

Congratulations Chris McCracken. Hope you go on to win it.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
That's excellent. Though the ARUs capacity to spin it to its advantage after Chris has done the hard yards in here telling us how their fees, peas and thimbles hit his area is somewhat annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sportnut

Frank Row (1)
Going on last years Sydney under 14's and how they preformed at Mudgee I would go something like this. Yep I noticed about 40% of State Champ team was new this year. One point in case, who was the #12 in the State Champ Gordon side? Dominic Easy went to 13 and Cameron Fish played 12 in final. Fish created lots of room for Dominic Easy. He also backed up as #6 and # 8 which is a positoon he played against Victoria in Nth Harbour ARU Gold team earlier in the year. Not to put too much highlight on Cameron Fish, they are all talented, just an example of boys in contention from left of field - depends what selctors are looking for. For that reason I keep the Gordon combo, nothing got through them and they were instictive on attack

1) William McLennan
2) Will Bremner
3) Angus Bell
4) Nathanial Panozzo
5) Liam Jansen
6) Luke Reimer
7) Spencer Leniu
8) Musika Luto
9) David Tejjcek
10) Saul Lewis
11) Jamie Basheer
12) Dominic Easy
13) Cameron Fish
14) Tom Cameron
15) Tom Glasscott
16) Sam Lock
17) Juliam Heavon
18) ?
19) Keith Titmuss
20) Patrick McCormack
21) Ethan Mokola
22) Vincent Creagh
23) Saxon Gillies

RedBlue

Stan Wickham (3)
No doubt that Fish is a good player, it would be great for him if he could work his way from bench Gordon to starting in the final then from ba bas bench to Sydney although I'm not sure if picking pretty much the whole Gordon backline could be justified. Also if you were making the argument for his sport that he created room for easy wouldn't you have him at 12? The Norths 13 caused problems all throughout the tournament for teams. I think Cameron will own the 14 jersey but the 11 will be up for grabs.

Tractor

Bob McCowan (2)
IMHO there seems to be a disproportionate emphasis placed on the Gordon team in this forum of late. I understand that they won the JSC at Mudgee, and were clearly the best team there. But it doesn't necessarily directly translate that they are, from 1 to 23, the best PLAYERS in the age group - or even say 80% of them.... Yet they dominate the list proposed above, with only a sprinkled mention of Norths & Parra players, and virtually no other districts even getting a mention.
I admit up front to a strong Rebels bias, but I will be surprised if a number of Southern Districts players do not make the Sydney u15 team.
Beware the Metropolitan Southern Zone side next week !
The Rebels forward pack was very strong at Mudgee, even with a couple of key players out injured or under-performing (several had the flu pretty bad). Their pack still pushed the Gordon scrum around in their pool match, and they were definitely right in the game until a couple of late Souths mistakes turned the ball over & Gordon spread it wide (brilliantly I admit) to score twice. The Rebels scrum even took a tighthead off Gordon.... and they played some pretty attractive rugby in the balance of the tournament.
It was a shame they missed the main draw as I'm sure they would've given the more fancied Norths, Parra & Gordon teams a good run.
In particular I would be looking for Charlie Davis - centre / no.6, Kyle Devine - hooker / prop (both Sydney u14 last year), Chris Icanovski - prop / no.6, Ben Robson - a proper no.7, and big Witeriana Koopu - lock / no.8.
The list above carries NO players from Souths ?? Hmmmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.