• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
QLD II: Never looked in danger of losing but let Vic back into the match. Front row seemed to pack a little high, but Foulds has a good turn of pace.

Is Foulds playing 3 or 6?
he was a centre last year and is linked to Melbourne storm.

sidestep

Frank Row (1)
Thursday morning -
there is now a report on the fourth game done before I left home for Day 3.

Use link above.

Thanks Lee great reports. NSW I have a clear dominance with little injuries. It should be interesting to see how NSW II will perform against QLD I today. Think it will be tight but QLD might have a bit too much fire power. Agree both Long 21 scrumhalf (Strangs replacement) and Pellegrini 22 flyhalf formed a great combination. Their decision making was excellent.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Div 2 result. SA 43 def NT 12

Div I result ACT 19 def CSS 14 (H/T 7 all)
ACT 3t (10 Pulefale, 22 Abel, 17 Tupou) 2c (9 Lonergan x2)
CS 2t (11 Pohia, 12 Williams) 2c (22 Masima)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
half time update: WA 14 lead VIC 12
WA 2t (15 Greaves, 6 Stafford) 2c (10 Jooste)
VIC 2t ( 13 Aupuni, 21 Maliko) 1c (10 Potter)

Full time: VIC 36 def WA 24
WA 4t (15 Greaves, 6 Stafford, 10 Jooste, 12 Short) 2c (10 Jooste)
VIC 6t ( 13 Aupuni, 21 Maliko, 22 Vaovasa-Tuiala, 11 Clarken x2, 15 Coward) 1c (10 Potter, 15 Coward x2)

VIC to play ACT on Saturday in 5th/6th playoff.
WA to play Combined States on Saturday in 7th/8th playoff.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
You are correct. Very impressive performance by Q1 to not concede a point in the Pool Matches, and then even more impressive when they go on to not score any points in the final. :)

Both the NSW II and QLD II teams have done their respective 1st XV no favours in their attack asking serious questions of the 1st XV defences. Up until today, both Q1 and N1 were cruising through their pool games with relatively easy victories and no sustained pressure being put on their defence. Having survived those tests today, both teams will be a little more confident of their defence structures going into the Final Playoff.

As Thursday always is, the games are more even with participants more evenly matched. Entertaining and rewarding games for spectators and players alike result.

Four very good games of rugby today.

QLD 1 20 points was 3 Tries, 1 Penalty and 1 Conversion. Tries to 2 Ma'afu, 6 Meni, and 17 Tupai-Ui. Conversion to 10 Stewart. Penalty to 10 Stewart.
NSW II zero points was scored by no one.

NSW i 32 was 4 Penalties, 3 Tries and 2 Conversions. Penalties to 9 Goddard (4). Conversions to 9 Goddard (2). Tries to 10 McGregor, 15 Wright 23 Barnes.
QII scored one unconverted try to A.N. Other.

NSW II were never going to win. Their attack was one dimensional and QLD defence too stout. Score flattered QLD I by 1 late try. More accurate reflection of the game play would have been 15-0.

NSW I took their time to get going, and their score flattered them by probably their 1 last second try as well. More accurate reflection of the game would have been 26-5.

Plenty of food for thought for the coaching teams from QLD and NSW 1st XV. Saturday will not be the walk in the park that this correspondent was hoping for and it will most likely go right down to the wire.:(

Div II Score of the Lloydies v Tas was 105 - 0. No detail on tryscoring, but there would have been plenty.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Looking forward to Saturday's game between NSW 1 & QLD 1 it's going to be a cracker! NSW may still have the edge but I'm hoping Qld defense holds out another day. Qld by 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oversline01

Frank Row (1)
It's all about the breakdown on Saturday. QLD out pointed NSW in that area today.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.