• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 Super XV Final Hurricanes v Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I think if you Aussies are looking for a team to support, the Highlanders definitely deserve it. I thought you Aussies all love the underdog? Surely the Highlanders deserve the little Kiwi battler tag.

The Highlanders are the smallest franchise and the least financial.
The Hurricanes represent the East Coast, Poverty Bay, Hawke's Bay, Wanganui, Manawatu, Wairarapa-Bush, Horowhenua-Kapiti and Wellington unions. (Taranaki jumped into bed with the Chiefs in ’13).
The Highlanders have only North Otago, Otago, and Southland.

Hurricanes have 9 All Blacks versus our 3 (soon to be 5).

The Highlanders can always be relied upon to play an exciting brand of rugby and have no problem taking on the big boys.

I can't wait to park up with some Speights (Old Dark or Ginger Beer(alcoholic of course) and see the boys give it a red hot go!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

image.jpg

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I recon Canes fans must be shitting bricks. Their side has been fantastic all year but this Clan side just hangs in there and they have what it takes to get the job done.

I'm backing the Clan as I have a soft spot for them.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
they should have picked a reff who's name doesn't fit into the "X is a wanker" chant. I know that pretty much limits the choice to van der Westhuizen but it still makes sense.

van der Westahuizen has been by far the best ref this year imo, but I haven't been upset by Jaco either whenever he's had a game involving the Brumbies. And that's saying a lot. He will be better than either of Jackson and Joobers were last weekend.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They've managed to squeeze ~1,700 temporary seats into the ground plus there's some unwanted tickets from allocations to sponsors, provincial unions etc so ~3,000 in total go on sale today.

Interesting response to the wankers scalping tickets online with absurd bids of up to $56 million being reported. Can't understand why the sites don't just shut the auctions down, they're illegal.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Interesting response to the wankers scalping tickets online with absurd bids of up to $56 million being reported. Can't understand why the sites don't just shut the auctions down, they're illegal.

I don't understand why it's such a big issue.

Our whole economic system is built on this principle of supply and demand. Good on the scalpers I say.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Hurricanes team:

1.Reggie Goodes
2.Dane Coles
3.Ben Franks
4.Jeremy Thrush
5.James Broadhurst
6.Brad Shields
7.Ardie Savea/Callum Gibbins
8.Victor Vito
9.TJ Perenara
10.Beauden Barrett
11.Julian Savea
12.Ma’a Nonu
13.Conrad Smith (c)
14.Nehe Milner-Skudder
15.James Marshall

Reserves
16.Motu Matu’u
17.Chris Eves
18.Jeffery Toomaga-Allen
19.Callum Gibbins/Mark Abbott
20.Blade Thomson
21.Chris Smylie
22.Rey Lee-Lo
23.Matt Proctor

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The Canes have been the form team of the season, seemingly a class above everyone else, but.....

Anyone who thinks that this game will be too much for the Clan didn't see how they got here. What they did to the Chiefs, they did the following week to the defending champs but somehow with more venom and intent. Mark my words, the Clan will be up for this big time and I'm tipping they will bring it home. I'll be cheering them all the way!

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't understand why it's such a big issue.

Our whole economic system is built on this principle of supply and demand. Good on the scalpers I say.

As a die hard capitalist, I do tend to agree. The real problem here, is that I think there is fan-club setups which sell tickets to people throughout the year and then hence these guys get first option when they go on sale.

If it's just bandwagoners complaining, then so be it. But if genuine fans who have been to all the Clan / Canes games are getting the shaft, then if there was no way for them to guarantee themselves face value seats, then that is what blows.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlanders also unchanged:

15 Ben Smith (c), 14 Waisake Naholo, 13 Malakai Fekitoa, 12 Richard Buckman, 11 Patrick Osborne, 10 Lima Sopoaga, 9 Aaron Smith, 8 Nasi Manu (c), 7 James Lentjes, 6 Elliot Dixon, 5 Alex Ainley, 4 Mark Reddish, 3 Josh Hohneck, 2 Liam Coltman, 1 Brendon Edmonds.
Replacements: 16 Ash Dixon, 17 Daniel Lienert-Brown, 18 Ross Geldenhuys, 19 Joe Wheeler, 20 Shane Christie, 21 Gareth Evans, 22 Fumiaki Tanaka, 23 Marty Banks.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bit of coaches banter, great to see they can do this, remembering it a game between mates!!
http://sportbox.co.nz/?p=619

I tried to imagine the reaction if a coach said anything like this in SOO , Qld papers would be in meltdown about disresepect etc!
Dan I am the bearer of bad news. Judging by the following I am not entirely sure that that news source is on the level:
“Infusing the new All Blacks’ jersey with tears collected from Wallabies players over the past decade will help inoculate the All Blacks from mediocrity as they set out to defend their title as world champions,” said New Zealand Rugby Union CEO Steve Tew. “It’s like vaccinating them against being crap.”
Absolute rubbish.

Erroneous reporting.

Everyone knows the jersey also includes some black South African armbands woven into the fabric "for constitutional resistance".

Status
Not open for further replies.