• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Gees, Benny Robinson must be rally upset, he's the only eligible Waratahs run on player not selected in this squad. What did he do to upset Chieka?

its what he didn't do... provide a stable scrummaging platform

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
How the ^#*% did Dean Mumm get there?

It must be on his UK form

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/35984.php#A1yMMQs0eLeZFURW.97
After a stunning year there was plenty of competition for places in the BT Sport Dream Team announced at the Aviva Premiership Rugby awards on Wednesday night.

Captained by Exeter Chiefs skipper Dean Mumm, the team features senior internationals, exciting young stars and understated workhorses who all proved vital for their sides this campaign.

And Mumm admits it would be a honour to lead such a team as he prepares to leave Chiefs to return to Australia.

"It's an amazing team and an honour to be named captain of it," he said.

"I'm going back home but will be leaving the Chiefs with a heavy heart, it's a special place and certainly one I've learned to love over the few years I've been here.

"We play hard and enjoy ourselves so it will be a place I really miss."
I think one of the lock options may be down to between Horwill & Mumm

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
I don't understand Naiyaravoro, he's exceedingly one dimensional. JOC (James O'Connor) for him or Beale.

It's good to see Robinson and Alexander finally given the sweep. This year is all about scrumming and both have proven they're not up to it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I don't understand Naiyaravoro, he's exceedingly one dimensional. JOC (James O'Connor) for him or Beale.

It's good to see Robinson and Alexander finally given the sweep. This year is all about scrumming and both have proven they're not up to it.

It is a pretty big dimension

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)

His one dimension is something that Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) don't offer though and probably couldn't even if you strapped the two together.

Getting him a cap also means he stays in Australia I believe.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Everybody know that Alexander has been hit by any NH prop at the last years

At least the rivals don't know him, maybe he will be more respected for being unknown. Alexander is the jester of props at international level

Thanks sir Mario Ledesma!
Get off it, we know what you think :) You don't like Benny Alexander..

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Decent squad I guess.

Very surprised about no Luke Jones. I thought he'd be pretty clear 3rd pick behind Simmons and Skelton and a moral for the bench but he's somehow missed the top 6?

Think Faulkner and Smith are playing for 1 spot in the 31. Hookers will all stay. Arnold, Mumm and Dennis all playing for 1 spot. McMahon gone.

Backs will probably cull Genia, Lilo, Mitchell, Naiyavoro and either Giteau, Beale or Kerevi.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
We clearly have different perspective about Rory A. In my opinion he really put in at the end of the season when the Brumbies were missing Sam Carter and was playing his best football by the finals time. But in any case, I don't expect he will make the final cut, but wouldn't be unhappy if he did in place of (say) Mumm who I don't think has justified a spot on the squad at all.
Could Sam Carter be the bolter in front of them, I would have suspected he would have been in the squad if not for injury, Mumm does offer experience.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Mumm, Naiyavoro and Beale are really disappointing.

I somewhat expected Beale to be there but the other two are just really odd. Jones can consider himself extremely unlucky, Mumm makes absolutely no sense, as echoed by all.

JOC (James O'Connor) probably equally unlucky to be overlooked for Naiyavaro but part of me thinks that's to do with JOC (James O'Connor)'s commitment( or lack thereof) to Aus rugby.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Gutted for Gill. Easily the Reds best this year.

Anyway, I'm pleased with some of the inclusion/exclusions. Cheika is renowned for making tough decisions.

Reactions: Tex

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Apparently an ankle injury which will see him miss all of the RC and potentially a chunk of the RWC.

ARU have appropriately said, let Stade Francais deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.