• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah Redfield are a new club. Since you've stopped there have also been rapid rises for Balmain, Petersham and Brothers. Decline in Briars, Hornsby and Blacktown.

Looking at the Kentwell comp Petersham, Old Iggies, Knox OBs were all adversaries of ours, and I hadn't heard of Brothers so I Googled them and realise they are who we knew as CBOBs, so throw them in too. Balmain of course didn't exist back then.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah Redfield are a new club. Since you've stopped there have also been rapid rises for Balmain, Petersham and Brothers.

Redfield are the only one of those doing it without a shit-ton of moolah, too. They're the shooting stars of the competition and bloody well done to them!

I've been back at Rouse Hill now for half the season, and its amazing the changes that can happen when everyone is pulling in the same direction, and the committee executive get their hands dirty.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Tips for this week.
Div 1
Drummoyne over Petersham
Balmain over Knox
Mosman over Brothers
Colleagues over Old iggies

Div 2
Newport over UNSW
BOBS over Hills (just, BOBS need to steady the mid season ship)
Forest over Hunters (upset of the round, Hunters lucky to get away with late penalty against Mountains and a well rested Forest will push them all the way)
Mountains over Lindfield

Div 3
Waverley over Oatley
UWSH over Saints
RED OB over Epping
KOBS over Hawkesbury Valley

I'll leave the lower Divs to someone better placed than eye to tip.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Convicts forfeited Third Grade on Wednesday night and we haven't been able to find any Halligans (except Clovelly, but only at their place at midday, so fuck that).

So are packing two loaded benches in the top two grades and will be looking to hand out a stomping at Francesco.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Three wins (two games played) and three bonus points for the Renegades yesterday against Convicts.

Still a big fucking hill to climb to get into the finals - given our catch-up round is Beecroft (I'm pessimistic) two weeks from now. But if we can put together a good performance against Mac Uni this weekend, anything is possible for First and Second Grade.

Third Grade seems to have four clubs pretty much established, so we're going to struggle there. But the fat lady hasn't gotten out of the bath yet.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Mac Uni are having Old Boys day this weekend, and so we're putting on a Fourth Grade.

And let me tell you there some blokes unhappy to be named in Fourth Grade, despite it guaranteeing them game time instead of maybe starting on the bench for some other grade and getting 10 minutes.

Now blokes want guarantees and stuff. This coaching gig sucks. Remind me never to do it again.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Mac Uni are having Old Boys day this weekend, and so we're putting on a Fourth Grade.

And let me tell you there some blokes unhappy to be named in Fourth Grade, despite it guaranteeing them game time instead of maybe starting on the bench for some other grade and getting 10 minutes.

Now blokes want guarantees and stuff. This coaching gig sucks. Remind me never to do it again.

It is a tough gig, something that your average player doesn't understand. We had a good win last week but I'm going to have to tap a couple of boys on the shoulder and tell them that they have been dropped due to movement in the higher grades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)

Time to take up the whistle instead?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Might have to. But then again, fuck giving up my weekends, even if it is winter. I'll have to think about it.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
OK so I'm a sucker for punishment, and played for our 4th Grade against Mac Uni for their Old Boys day. At THP when the young bloke playing LHP usually plays there, apparently. Could have fucking said something!

Anyway, I'm sore as fuck today, and we got towelled 33-12 but I had a bunch of fun.

Third Grade got pumelled 37-14, with some suspiciously good Mac Uni talent out there. Can't blame them as Thirds is their best shot of making the finals. Ours were hanging by a thread that has now been cut.

My Second grade boys, with a couple of blokes returning from work commitments, brought the pain and won comfortably 36-5. Great effort across the board and it was pretty hard to award points because everyone - for a change - did their job. Still a few things to work on but if I can keep them together for Beecroft this weekend I might just have a shot at a win.

I used coach's privilege to put myself on at loosehead prop for the last 5 minutes :) Followed one of our big blokes to within 5 metres of the line, and then a knock-on robbed me of my chance to score my first try in 8 years :(

First Grade were in a tight one with the Warriors showing a lot of smarts, but we scored the bonus point try with the last play of the game to win 22-12.

Couple of concerning injuries in that First Grade lineup, considering we have the Wednesday night game against Irish to try and put ourselves into the top 4.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Things getting very interesting in DIV 2 club championships. Both Lindfield and BoBS would be pooping themselves at the thought of going back to DiV 1. Hunters Hill are keen but most of their big names are retiring this year and they are rubbish through the lower grades. Some interesting results coming up in last 4 rounds.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Heavy I don't think BOBs or Lindfield will want to win club champs!

Kentwell is looking very interesting with nothing between 3rd and 7th!

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Heavy I don't think BOBs or Lindfield will want to win club champs!

Kentwell is looking very interesting with nothing between 3rd and 7th!

Great to see Brothers competitive in Kentwell. Its a tough gig for a club going up and although they are strugglinh in lower grades are clearly mixing it up in 1s.

Looking at the run home it looks like Lindfield maybe the club to move to 1st Div next year. Bobs will struggle now that the snow is falling and Hunters have 3 away games on the trot including tough encounters against Forest and Newport. It really is a short season.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If anyone is in the Coogee area tomorrow night, Sydney Irish will host the Renegades in the makeup game for First Grade that the ref called off when sand started running out of his vagina a few weeks ago.

Both teams sit on 26 points, with Irish in 4th on For/Against, so there is a bit riding on the line as several teams fight it out for that last finals spot.

After all the legal toing and froing, and the baseless accusations leveled at us by the referee and Subbies, it'll be nice to just settle it on the field.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Keep in mind i live in London, but still follow subbies very closely!

My thoughts on the season so far!

Div 1

Well done to Brothers 1st grade, they are showing that they can match it with the big boys. Not sure how the rest of the club feels about Div 1 with none of their other grades in contention for the finals

What has happened to St Pats 1st grade this season?????????

Club champs to go down to the wire between Mosman and Colleagues

Div 2

HH doing the job in 1st grade. At this stage i expect them to take out the title, but if they have another loss like they did against Hills then things could get interesting

Hills doing a great job across the grade and currently have 3 teams in the top 4!

The shocks for me have been Forest and Newport not pushing HH harder in 1st grade. BOBs 1st grade performance has been good after a few lean years. Blue Mountains are an interesting one, their colts team is doing really well but their top 2 grades are struggling.

Div 3

* Top 4 have broken away. Redfield have shown they are up to the move up the divisions. Waverly the smokey in this division

* Poor old Kings have had a tough year. I hope they can turn it around soon. Their 4th grade side hopefully take home the silverware.

* Oatley and St Ives the two sides dropped from 2nd division have not had happy seasons

* Hawkesbury used to be high flyers and a brutal road trip. What has happened to them?

Div 4

Beecroft have only lost 2 games across all grades this season. Subbies should have made them play in Div 3!

Briars form has slowly turned around with 2nd grade and 3rd grade a chance of making the semis

Canterbury to push crofties all the way in 1st grade

Camo

Frank Nicholson (4)
G'Day Gents,

If you are not watching your respective clubs this weekend or are looking to head out to a game.

Balmain Rugby are playing St Pats at the iconic Leichhardt Oval this Saturday.

Sink a few tins on the hill, obviously free entry and a later ‘twilight’ kick off 3:45 for Kentwell.

Should be a cracker.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1680471505504977

Cheers

50225837.jpg

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Is the match at No. 1 or at No. 2?

The Balmain Rugby website doesn't have teamlists - why is that?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Likewise, if you're in Thornleigh with nothing to do, the Renegades will be trying to kill the giant (Beecroft) in the David versus Goliath battle of the century. Just to put it in perspective:

Beecroft 3rd Grade: +180 for/against (Renegades -42)
Beecroft 2nd Grade: +376 for/against (Renegades +3)
Beecroft 1st Grade: +395 for/against (Renegades +17)

10 games each except for First Grade (9).

So average for/against per game is Beecroft at 50, Renegades at -1.

Status
Not open for further replies.