• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
From dispatches I'm getting out of Sydney the boys in Qld 1 and Qld 11 that are standing up are from Nudgee and BBC.
Ominous signs for anyone hoping to challenge NC for the title this year.

And BAG I wouldn't worry about justifying the so called GT "Claytons" recruitment drive in anyway, NC have been doing it for 20 years and they couldn't give a full bingo board!

And another North Boondall premiership could well be on the way.

Spot on again mr WW
i have heard the same things . Mosely is killing it which shows you something after his poor GPS trials
what is really frightening is that i hear that apart from the obvious in qld 1 the Nudgee boys in Qld 2 and the LM team are playing the house down.
talk about depth.
i am predicting 4 nudgee boys in Aussie schoolboys .

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
When you talk of schools who bring in a new nucleus every year who do you refer to BnG ?

Specific examples would be appreciated as well

a specific example is all other 8 schools lead by by nc for 20 years , tss since 2002 , acgs since 2004?and the rest jumped on board in various degrees since then. watch TGS go now in the recruitment world since they got a nice big donation.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
a specific example is all other 8 schools lead by by nc for 20 years , tss since 2002 , acgs since 2004?and the rest jumped on board in various degrees since then. watch TGS go now in the recruitment world since they got a nice big donation.

a good judge has told me the 4 best players at nationals are
Mcgregor and Kennelwell from nsw 1
Ngamanu of bbc and Meni of nc both from Qld 1
qld scrums not doing well

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Let's stop the scholarship talk in this thread please.

There is a difference between discussing scholarships and recruitment -

I think recruitment and who is and isn't going the schools is very valid in this thread. How those kids are recruited is also of interest, whether they get 'paid' or not and whether it is right or not is not for this thread.

if i am wrong please let me know.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Kids change schools for all sorts of reasons.

How this happens, why this happens, and who is helping to influence the decision to change are not for discussion. It usually ends in tears. We have a purpose built thread for that purpose. Please use it.

No problem with noting that a player may now be in a different school or speculating what impact the new roster at that school may have on their chances in the QLD GPS competition.

Stick to the basic facts, make no judgement or comment about the circumstances surrounding the change.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Surely not !
mate at work says the BBC 14 A team that in the trials smashed GT , ACGS and put 70 points on TSS have been doing it without the captain and best player who is a few weeks off coming back.no wonder the NRL scouts are sniffing around.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
Surely not !
mate at work says the BBC 14 A team that in the trials smashed GT , ACGS and put 70 points on TSS have been doing it without the captain and best player who is a few weeks off coming back.no wonder the NRL scouts are sniffing around.

I'd say your mate is exaggerating, I know at least one game there that was not a smashing.

Trials mean little, kids out, playing different positions, and in expanded squads too.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
at Nationals
in 3rd place playoff-qld 2 upset nsw 2 by 22 to 11
In the final Qld lost in last minute to red hot favourites nsw 1 by 22 to 20
surely we get plenty of GPS boys in Aussie schoolboys to play at Ballymore ?
poor old Riley , Ngamanu and Veravis now head off to Aussie 7s squad camp . no wonder Nudgee boys pulled out .
ps - myself and others owe Qld selectors an apology.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Yes see Aussie schools website
Also Hewett , luka and Mosley of Nudgee and Ngamanu and Farrell of BBC.

Congrats Mr King -/ you picked Ngamanu in February I recall .
Plenty more in Ausdie A team

luka is in Aussie A team
Robertson and Wolski of iGS and Hockings of ACGS are in the team
5 from Qld1 and 4 from Qld 2

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
I'd say your mate is exaggerating, I know at least one game there that was not a smashing.

Trials mean little, kids out, playing different positions, and in expanded squads too.

Maybe Not.
I saw the Gt trial and it was 7 tries to 3.
I saw the TSS trial and they put on 12 tries.
Didn't see ACGS trial but they beat them 49 nil last year.
But I hear they have bad injuries to their 2 best players this year.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
after watching BBC v TSS last week and watching the games last night i am stunned that:
1) there is no big tackle shredding number 8 s like the 2 boys from BBC and TSS that day. gps teams had stringbean lock look a likes at 8( think Wycliff Palu)
2) the poor play of all number 10s. GPS 1 number 10 had a shocker. call me crazy but if it does not improve today , for Qld 1 i would look at moving GPS 1 number 15 to 10 ( how many tries did he set up up?)and Robertson of GPS 2 to 15 in Qld1
NSW 1 have an aussie scoolboy from last year at 10 - and the kid caaaan play.

happy to say i got it badly wrong and the selectors got it right.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Australian Teams Announced

by Andrew on July 4, 2015 in News
The following teams to play Samoan and New Zealand Schools have been announced at the conclusion of the Sebel ASRU Championship Assembly:
AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLS TEAM TO PLAY SAMOAN SCHOOLS
FIRST SURNAME SCHOOL
Lachlan Anderson Oakhill College
Harrison Chapman The King’s school
Daniel England The Scots College
Jack Farrell Brisbane Boys’ College
Max Girdler The Scots College
Nathaniel Gittoes St Joseph’s College
Harrison Goddard Oakhill College
Reece Hewat St Joseph’s College Nudgee
Harry Hockings Anglican Church Grammar School
Tom Horton St Joseph’s College
Harry Johnson Holmes Merewether High School
Simon Kennewell Newington College
Jordan Lenac The Southport School
Sepesa Loga Tarogi Newington College
Ryan McAulay The Scots College
Jack McGregor St Ignatius’ College
Will McRae St Augustine’s College
Liam Moseley St Joseph’s College Nudgee
Jayden Ngamanu Brisbane Boys’ College
Dylan Riley The Southport School
Geoffrey Robertson Ipswich Grammar School
Cody Walker Kinross Wolaroi School
Tevita Wolske Ipswich Grammar School
Manager John Rownes Knox Grammar School
Coach Stephen Phillpotts Brisbane Boys’ College
Asst Coach Mike Wallace The Southport School
Asst Manager Noel Gardner St Edmund’s College, Ipswich
Physio Tom Lombardo
S & C Andrew Moloney Anglican Church Grammar School

Australian Schools Barbarians

FIRST SURNAME SCHOOL
Angus Allen The Southport School
Tyler Campbell The Southport School
Harry Hoopert Toowoomba Grammar School
Len Ikitau Brisbane Boys’ College
Joel Kuchel Anglican Church Grammar School
Viliami Latu Illawarra Sports High School
Robert Leota Thornbury High School
Ryan Lonergan Trinity Christian School
Gavin Luka St Joseph’s Nudgee College
Efi Ma’afu Ipswich Grammar School
Sama Malolo Randwick Boys’ High
Kalala Meni St Joseph’s Nudgee
Jack Nettleton St Augustine’s College
Charlie Smith The Scots College
Hamish Stewart Toowoomba Grammar School
Theo Strang The Scots College
Darcy Swain Brisbane Boys’ College
Lachlan Swinton Knox Grammar School
Kris Verevis Brisbane Boys’ College
Sam Wallis Anglican Church Grammar School
Tom Wright St Josephs College
Manager James Turner St Joseph’s Gregory Terrace
Coach Jay Tregonning Illawarra Grammar School
Asst Coach Carl Marshall Brisbane Grammar School
Physio Joel McPhee
S & C Jono Roussetos St Joseph’s Gregory Terrace

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Good luck to former BBC Captain of Rugby-Dane Gagai when he plays for Qld in the State of Origin decider on Wednesday.
Another one gone to NRL

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Congrats to Qld GPS boys and lets hope none got injured.
Yeah there might be a concern for GT as Ruben Wall looked like he may have broken his hand and young Kris Verevis battled through with an ankle injury. Other than that I think the schools are pretty even on the reps with BBC edging slightly in front with 5. Aus school BBC, NC, TSS, IGS 2 each and ACGS 1. Aus A (Barb) BBC and TGS 3 each, ACGS, TSS, NC each with 2. It may just be an interesting GPS season that could go any of 4/5 ways depending on the day. My prediction for the top 3 are TSS, NC and BBC.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Yeah there might be a concern for GT as Ruben Wall looked like he may have broken his hand and young Kris Verevis battled through with an ankle injury. Other than that I think the schools are pretty even on the reps with BBC edging slightly in front with 5. Aus school BBC, NC, TSS, IGS 2 each and ACGS 1. Aus A (Barb) BBC and TGS 3 each, ACGS, TSS, NC each with 2. It may just be an interesting GPS season that could go any of 4/5 ways depending on the day. My prediction for the top 3 are TSS, NC and BBC.

a lot of posters saying the same thing . but in what order ?
i have not changed my mind. in fact the performances of some nudgee boys in Qld 2 and the Lloyd Mcdermott team have confirmed my view that it will be:
1) Nc;
2) tss;
3) BBC
i dont think BBC have the forward depth but their backline will be red- hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.