• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v NZ & Aust 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well that fixes the Starc, Johnson, Harris, Hazlewood into 3 problem..

What could've been if he had better knees. What a fantastic bowler when he was fit.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Starc looked tremendous against Essex yesterday.

The batting was disappointing although Clarke looked good and so did Mitch Marsh for a time.

We found common ground with the local fans over a mutual dislike of Shane Watson.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Geez I'm disappointed for Ryano on being forced into retirement. One of the genuinely good guys in Australian cricket and I know how hard he would have worked to get back for the Ashes. He'll be gutted and I'm gutted for him.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Nooooooooooooo. That's a huge boost for the Poms a few days out.

Harris retires. I'm devastated. One of the finest bowlers we have ever produced, like a vintage wine he seemed to always get better.

It is especially cruel because he sat out of a world cup winning team so he would be fit for this tour. Camp Australia will be in shock, IMO may spur the fellas to win it for him.

Tough question for Lehmann, do you keep him around the squad?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Geez I'm disappointed for Ryano on being forced into retirement. One of the genuinely good guys in Australian cricket and I know how hard he would have worked to get back for the Ashes. He'll be gutted and I'm gutted for him.

If only all sportsmen behaved on and off the field as Ryan Harris did.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Read earlier today (foxsports I think it was) that both Marsh boys are expected to miss selection for the first test.

Guess that means Watson is a certainty.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Hard to believe that on form Watson would go in ahead of M. Marsh, but SW has been picked before with less jusitfication.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If only all sportsmen behaved on and off the field as Ryan Harris did.

Nick Kyrygos for one. What an absolute fucking tosser he was last night. Tennis Aus should thank him for his kind offer to play Davis Cup but, with regret of course, tell him to just fuck off until he grows up & earns the right to do so. Really felt for John Newcombe & Todd Woodbridge having to commentate that shit, you could hear the bewilderment in both their voices.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Jeez, raining in Cardiff and prediction of a pretty green wicket.

Talk of 4 seamers with Siddle being considered to take Lyon's place.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Right.

24 hours out. Raining, cold, fucking miserable weather. Deck will be moist, though hopefully not a complete pudding.

Send the bastards in, have Mitch destroy whatever shred of mental fortitude they've got left while Starc swings a bagfull from the other end.

Get in after the sun comes out (I laughed) and then pile on 700 in three days before knocking them over in a session.

Let's fucking do this.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Poms have won the toss & will bat first. Declared XI's:

England 1 Alastair Cook (capt), 2 Adam Lyth, 3 Gary Ballance, 4 Ian Bell, 5 Joe Root, 6 Ben Stokes, 7 Jos Buttler (wk), 8 Moeen Ali, 9 Stuart Broad, 10 Mark Wood, 11 James Anderson

Australia 1 David Warner, 2 Chris Rogers, 3 Steven Smith, 4 Michael Clarke (capt), 5 Adam Voges, 6 Shane Watson, 7 Brad Haddin (wk), 8 Mitchell Johnson, 9 Mitchell Starc, 10 Josh Hazlewood, 11 Nathan Lyon

Oh dear, Watto at six: @ Braveheart81 will not be a happy camper..............

Planning to watch the first session, gotta be waaaaaaay better than Ori-jun.

T

Train Without a Station

Sounds like they're expecting a toil in the field going for Watson over Marsh. Word was the wicket may not offer a great deal.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Poms 3-88 at lunch - should have been 4 as Haddin dropped Root second ball. Not much of a venue for test cricket, 14,000 capacity. Almost like playing an Ashes test at North Sydney Oval.

Entertainers singing "There'll always be an England" pre-match didn't quite hvae the same impact in Wales.;)

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
3/143 after lunch and Root-Ballance partnership has reached 100.

Still in disbelief that Haddin dropped Root second ball. Easily their best player and now he's cruising on 72*. I'd prefer if we dropped their entire top order once each rather than Root, the bloke has class unlike any other batsman in their team. Wouldn't surprise me to see him score 150+ here.

Watson finally into the attack. We need a breakthough badly.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Was a shocker by Haddin. He's dropped so many like that.

Slow flat pitch produced to nullify our quicks but there was enough movement in the air to keep things interesting for good bowling. Of which there wasn't much.

Still, honours about even after that day with 7 down. All up to the tail for England who could still have a big advantage.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Although 343 at stumps on day one is a good position in anyone's books even with 7 down.
Fine century from Root off only 118 balls - the speed of his century and the England total suggest a fairly easy batting strip. I suspect that it will take a collapse from one of the teams for a result.

T

Train Without a Station

I'm not so sure QH. 7 wickets going on day 1. The wicket will probably only deteriorate as the match goes on.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Really depends on the weather. While it was cloudy yesterday they were getting good swing. When the cloud goes, or the rain starts everybody looked much less threatening.

And we all know what Aussie batsmen are like when the ball is swinging.

Status
Not open for further replies.