• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v. Springboks, 18th July 2015, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I am not going to answer you. Last time you throw a moerse tantrum and left the door open on your way out. So dont qoute my posts. use the ignore button.
Seriously. I think a few people here would be interested to know why you are so completely bitter.

Maybe talking about it would make you feel better?

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
There was an article on Supersport regarding how the SA Super Rugby sides did not listen to the gentlemen's agreement on resting certain players after their 5th consecutive game. The Bok Doc said most injuries happened in that very next game..

I do however, find it ironic how all the calls for player exhaustion seem to be coming everywhere but from the players themselves. I believe this is a fallacy perpetuated by SA scribes who have nothing good to write. The fact that the players are CHOOSING to forgo their off-seasons for stints in Japan simply proves it further.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Seriously. I think a few people here would be interested to know why you are so completely bitter.

Maybe talking about it would make you feel better?
Why do you keep going? Then when I reply to your insults, you claim I do the insulting. I am finished with you Boet, move on.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I do however, find it ironic how all the calls for player exhaustion seem to be coming everywhere but from the players themselves.

When, or how would any currently active player say this? It's really not in the best interest of most of them to ever even broach the subject for a few reasons.

I believe this is a fallacy perpetuated by SA scribes who have nothing good to write. The fact that the players are CHOOSING to forgo their off-seasons for stints in Japan simply proves it further.

These guys are lucky if they have an 8-9 year career. Of course they are going to take the offseason $$$ in Japan if it's at all available to them. They're all one bad injury away from losing their primary stream of revenue and they aren't exactly on NFL money to begin with so the lure of offseason dosh is enormous.

Making decisions in the context of future seasons isn't something most of these guys have the luxury to even think about doing.

I can't think of anyone so far who has done the Super Rugby-Test Season-Japan-Super Rugby roundabout and come back in better or even the same form that they left in. It's a downward trend almost across the board and the common variable is lack of an offseason - same thing was happening before Top League contracts were even a talking point.. Rocky Elsom, etc.

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
When, or how would any currently active player say this? It's really not in the best interest of most of them to ever even broach the subject for a few reasons.
SARPA???

These guys are lucky if they have an 8-9 year career. Of course they are going to take the offseason $$$ in Japan if it's at all available to them. They're all one bad injury away from losing their primary stream of revenue and they aren't exactly on NFL money to begin with so the lure of offseason dosh is enormous.

Making decisions in the context of future seasons isn't something most of these guys have the luxury to even think about doing.

I can't think of anyone so far who has done the Super Rugby-Test Season-Japan-Super Rugby roundabout and come back in better or even the same form that they left in. It's a downward trend almost across the board and the common variable is lack of an offseason - same thing was happening before Top League contracts were even a talking point.. Rocky Elsom, etc.

I was simply pointing out the fact that maybe they would prefer to play rather than be rested?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Why do you keep going? Then when I reply to your insults, you claim I do the insulting. I am finished with you Boet, move on.
Fine. But I think you need to explain this:

Resting players lead to them signing overseas contracts and getting injuries.

Jut explain how that could possibly be true?

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

If you lose a bit of your skills it is not too big a deal, you just get picked on reputation as you age. If you score one of these contracts then people will back you.

Lets face it, if Falou loses form in Japan and Super Rugby next year he will still get selected for the Wallabies.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
In 2007 and 2011 the Boks sent a B team abroad for Tri-Nations. I'm expecting them to do that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
When do the boks announce their touring side? If they are going to send the u20s I think that will have a bearing on the team we field. Or a few selection at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Fine. But I think you need to explain this:

Resting players lead to them signing overseas contracts and getting injuries.

Jut explain how that could possibly be true?
Thats pretty easy even for your standards. Compare the exodus of chicken running and injuries to what Snor had 4 years ago, 4 years before what Jake White had.

They havent forced players breaks from S14 franchises.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
When do the boks announce their touring side? If they are going to send the u20s I think that will have a bearing on the team we field. Or a few selection at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
after the World XV match.

M

Moono75

Could PaarlBok and Blue actually be the same person? Just putting it out there :eek:

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
My team:

1 Sio
2 Moore
3 Holmes

Rest for Slipper and I want to see Holmes against the Springbok's front row

4 Simmons
5 Skelton
6 Fardy
7 Pocock
8 Higginbotham

9 Phipps
10 Cooper

11 Horne
12 To'omua
13 Kuridrani
14 Tomane
15 Folau

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Now we need Cheika and Larkham to learn some lessons from last night's SuperXV final. Go out there with a game plan to score tries and win the game, not the defensive, don't lose at all costs attitude that we seem to have become more accustomed to. Ah.. but this is a test match I can hear being shouted from the rooftops. Super rugby style won't cut it in the test arena.

Give it a go, I say.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
The only thing we really did well at all in the semi was defend and both teams played pretty patchy rugby in the final.

I wouldn't mind seeing us run out like the 'Landers did with a general pattern + tweaks instituted to specifically counter the opposition at their weakest points. Not sure the hot potato stuff from the final would translate well to test rugby either.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Test and knockout stage rugby is definitely a different animal. That's not to say that we should play kick and stick it up the jumper style footy -- the best Australian teams have always played with a bit of adventure. You've got to lay the foundation first though: set piece, defence, getting over the gain line (and preventing the other mob from doing the same) and making your kicks. Once those pillars are established and solid you can develop your attack from there. I'm heartened that Cheika is really focusing on getting the set piece right, because poor scrums and lineouts are the slow death of rugby teams. You just cannot win consistently in any grade of footy if you're getting mullered there all the time. I think that with that in place we've got the ball runners to win the gain line and some defenders who can stop blokes.

This upcoming game will say a lot about how we'll handle the NH teams due to the similarities in style.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Now we need Cheika and Larkham to learn some lessons from last night's SuperXV final. Go out there with a game plan to score tries and win the game, not the defensive, don't lose at all costs attitude that we seem to have become more accustomed to. Ah.. but this is a test match I can hear being shouted from the rooftops. Super rugby style won't cut it in the test arena.

Give it a go, I say.
Two teams were playing like that last night. Ask the Canes how good the attack at all costs game plan went for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.